Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Unfortunately, one potential problem with the leaf blower has to do with the volume of air dispensed. One of those chingassos can stir up even the smallest amount of dust, especially indoors which is the last thing you want with a wet car present.

I much prefer the concentrated air from the blowgun and compressor which works especially well for the nooks and crannies DonnieO mentioned and it makes short work of the tires and wheels.

I'm sure my closest neighbors don't appreciate the noise from the blowgun or compressor but, oh well. :-)

KB

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Leaf blower/ blow gun

Blow gun air pattern or lack of is the exact reason I switched to a leaf blower.

Stirring up dirt, not seeing the problem. Area around the car wet after washing, prevents that .

The 400$ car air dryer ? Looks nice but single purpose.

Blow gun/air dryer cons hose/ leaf blower portable

Leaf blower must to be larger then the over grown hair dryers.

No pictures needed

LOL show us your leaf blower LMAO

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Greg: I know it gets hot and sticky over in Jawjuh <smile> but where I live, the sun is so brutal that I immediately pull the vehicle inside the garage to get her out of the sun and allow me to dry her off properly.

The "air pattern" from my gun is pretty much perfect and, it has a "compensator" sorta like a rifle comp, that draws in more air from both sides. For me, it's perfect.

KB

1605021185820.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
KB:
Texas, that's a game changer. Worked with a guy told me, summer time had to water the foundation around his home. To keep the earth from pulling away from it ?

I've used a blow gun similar, and understand the volume added from the side draft. It just took more time set up, drying & storing than I want to spend.

All in all not saying one is better than the next . User and purpose being the determining factor.

GP

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I ceramic coated the entire car prior to driving ~900 miles down to Georgia, tracked the car, and drove back home. Wheels were coated with brake dust. I spent the time coating each wheel, inside and out, back in the spring and it really paid off here. Soap and water wash and blew dry with my trusty leaf blower.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Greg: Your friend wasn't fibbing and if you happen to live in an area with caliche (clay and gravel,) soil and, you don't have regular lawn irrigation, you almost always have to water the foundation a few times during a hot summer and definitely during a drought.

Fortunately, where we live is all sand so no foundation issues.

10-4 on personal preference and, on the additional motivation needed to get gear out in order to use it. My little electric pressure washer falls into that category. Granted, it's just hanging from a shelf and it's NBD to drag out and set up BUT, it takes time. Maybe one day I'll have a built-in electric model and I'm sure Obsessed Garage or Chicago Auto will point me toward a most excellent unit. <grin>

Fortunately, my garage accomodates an 80gal/175psi compressor and with a Hobo Frieght hose reel, using the blowgun is no additional work at all. Now, getting either of my leaf blowers out from the shed would be a PITA. :cool:

Different strokes, I say.

KB

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ceramic coated the entire car prior to driving ~900 miles down to Georgia, tracked the car, and drove back home. Wheels were coated with brake dust. I spent the time coating each wheel, inside and out, back in the spring and it really paid off here. Soap and water wash and blew dry with my trusty leaf blower.

Good idea next oil change, and rotation . Will ceramic coat the wheel barrel
Greg: Your friend wasn't fibbing and if you happen to live in an area with caliche (clay and gravel,) soil and, you don't have regular lawn irrigation, you almost always have to water the foundation a few times during a hot summer and definitely during a drought.

Fortunately, where we live is all sand so no foundation issues.

10-4 on personal preference and, on the additional motivation needed to get gear out in order to use it. My little electric pressure washer falls into that category. Granted, it's just hanging from a shelf and it's NBD to drag out and set up BUT, it takes time. Maybe one day I'll have a built-in electric model and I'm sure Obsessed Garage or Chicago Auto will point me toward a most excellent unit. <grin>

Fortunately, my garage accomodates an 80gal/175psi compressor and with a Hobo Frieght hose reel, using the blowgun is no additional work at all. Now, getting either of my leaf blowers out from the shed would be a PITA. :cool:

Different strokes, I say.

KB
Need a bigger shed ? :cwl:

Have a great day

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
New EGO Electric blower puts out 650 CFM - Really helps. Add ceramic coating - boom

The nooks and crannys on the GT500 make it a more complex machine to clean. My SRT8 300 is larger but much easier. The Miata takes a bout half the time, Same with my 03 Cobra.

Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Greg: I know it gets hot and sticky over in Jawjuh <smile> but where I live, the sun is so brutal that I immediately pull the vehicle inside the garage to get her out of the sun and allow me to dry her off properly.

The "air pattern" from my gun is pretty much perfect and, it has a "compensator" sorta like a rifle comp, that draws in more air from both sides. For me, it's perfect.

KB

1605021185820.png
Hay! I have the same one. Copycat!

20201113_070818.jpg

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I got to looking at your photo, Donnie and realized that the two I have are actually both different sizes than yours so Guardair must make at least three. :cool:

KB

airguns.jpg
Ha you got me beat! I like the small one. I know what's going on my next purchase order!
Sponsored