Vehicle Showcase

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are they beefed up axles or are they built to withstand higher temps? Drag racers may need beefed up axles, but track (road course) guys need better thermal protection from the grease drop point.

Ask me how I know.

Edited to add: the description says

"Each CV also receive an isotropic surface finish for a mirror like polish. The surface finishing provides smoother operation for the CV joint which dramatically reduces heat and premature wear and aides in grease migration."

Grease migration due to temperature exceedences are best mitigated by using a high temp grease that does not melt or "drop" at higher temperatures.

Two issues in making my decision to buy these axles would be the weight difference between OEM and the grease used for the CV.

If I was a drag racer..... this would be a no brainer.

Last edited:

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are they beefed up axles or are they built to withstand higher temps? Drag racers may need beefed up axles, but track (road course) guys need better thermal protection from the grease drop point.

Ask me how I know.

"Each CV also receive an isotropic surface finish for a mirror like polish. The surface finishing provides smoother operation for the CV joint which dramatically reduces heat and premature wear and aides in grease migration."

Grease migration due to temperature exceedences are best mitigated by using a high temp grease that does not melt or "drop" at higher temperatures.

Two issues in making my decision to buy these axles would be the weight difference between OEM and the grease used for the CV.

kelly Aiken from kelltrac has a good YouTube video on the outlaw axles with weights and specs worth a watch

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Ask me how I know.

I agree with you, it would be great to have a version that handles the heat better, like having better grease alone.

The GForce axles are spectacular. I had them on my previous cars, but I agree they are more needed for drag racing than anything.

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ken B. just said it was a mistake and they wouldn't be ready until the first quarter '22.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
PBD has a set for testing. everyone else is at least 4-8 weeks wait time

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Has anyone had a problem with the stock GT500 shafts either at the drags, autocross, or road course? I put Ford Racing shafts in my 15 GT due to Fords “hollow” weak stockers and because it was an FI car. I figured at stock power levels Ford would have insured that the stock shafts would be ok on the 20/21 GT 500’s. Of course it would be rather “Ford like” to provide a carbon fiber driveshaft then possibly make up the cost in other areas such as halfshafts

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had a problem with the stock GT500 shafts either at the drags, autocross, or road course? I put Ford Racing shafts in my 15 GT due to Fords “hollow” weak stockers and because it was an FI car. I figured at stock power levels Ford would have insured that the stock shafts would be ok on the 20/21 GT 500’s. Of course it would be rather “Ford like” to provide a carbon fiber driveshaft then possibly make up the cost in other areas such as halfshafts
I would suspect the stock axles are fine for intended use, albeit possible heat related issues such as the one Tom had while at extreme speeds.

These fall into place for the guys putting the car through "more than stock" conditions.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
cars have broken them drag racing, but they were modified, 9xxhp+, and probably due to driver not letting out when they got some hop.
Sponsored