GT500 dual clutch tremec auto vs manual trans opinions

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Driven plenty of PDK cars, this feels more responsive in both normal and sport. It would be hard to imagine this car without it.

With the PDK I always wished it was in some other gear. With this transmission it just seems to know. I should add especially in Sport mode. Good job Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Or you have it in Normal mode.
Right.

Sometimes we want boring. it's what makes the new Shelby such a great daily driver. It can be whatever we want.

I'm tired of fighting a clutch pedal with bad knees in stop and go traffic on long drives. I'm just over it and the "macho" BS that goes with people who think what they like is better than what other people like.

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I have a 2020 GT350R and picked up a 2021 GT500 CFTP yesterday. I love the GT350R. Limited seat time in the GT500 but they drive like completely different cars except maybe the brakes. The brakes on both are amazing. Chassis feel a lot different. Transmissions of course. More to come.

On another note. We had a C8 Z51 HTC and we sold it. We liked it but didn’t love it. Visibility and the transmission. With the short time in the GT500 I think the calibration is much better. The C8 seems to always shifting gears. We replaced the C8 with a ZL1 vert with a 6 speed manual. Much more traditional convertible than the C8 HTC. Visibility is better and she prefers a stick.

Jury is still out but my gut is telling if I had to pick between the GT350R and GT500 - I think the R would go away. For now, I am keeping both. More seat time required.

D.
Definitely an eye opening comment. Check out the DM I sent you. Crossing shopping the C8 with other competitors. thank you!

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
I dunno about over 700 needing a DCT - my 2019 ZR1 Track pack M7 is a lot of fun.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
It's all opinions and personal preference... there is no right or wrong answer!

Anyone who gets miffed at someone else's opinion has no understanding of the meaning of the word "FORUM".

Both trans options are great and we are living in the greatest true muscle car era ever...!!!!

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Ford just announced a convertible version of the 2018 GT500 with a 7 speed manual for MY 2022. Power has been reduced "to meet more stringent emissions requirements" and the car will be unavailable in California due to exhaust particulate causing cancer there. Proof of covid vaccination will allow the car to exceed 200mph. The IRS is handling allocations and will be monitoring the transaction with your dealer and your bank or lending institution via a live connection to ensure gender neutrality standards are met.

We've peaked gentlemen. It's all downhill from here...
BASED.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
We’ve all discussed the need to have both the 350 and the 500…..2 completely different cars….

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
Here we go......

Me, like you, was very much into the manual. You are going to LOVE the DCT. Driving around in normal or sport mode seems to have a bias for low RPMs and that kills instant accelerations. Do yourself a favor, when you want to get up and go, double tap the downshift paddle and step on it. It reminds me of T-38 afterburner takeoffs.

Do what I did and keep both the R and have a CFTP. Best of both worlds.
Afterburner takeoffs are a blast, unless you're in tent city trying to sleep.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Afterburner takeoffs are a blast, unless you're in tent city trying to sleep.
Yes, I recall. I was part of operation enduring freedom. 9 guys to a tent. B1s taking off 'round the clock in afterburner. Nobody got much sleep.

We had our solace by flying into the AOR. I much more enjoyed the time away from tent city as opposed to having some degree of control over my own destiny.

Those were the times that we were bombing the crap out of Tora Bora. I made it a point to sign a few bombs that I hope took the lives of some very bad people.

Time has softened the hard edges and memory leaves me with recollections of times I spent with my brothers doing some degree of good.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
I did Desert Storm, Joint Forge/Bosnia,
Iraqi Freedom(9 rotations to the armpit of the world), and Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan. I did most of it in tents or plywood hootchs, always with 24/7 fighter and C-130 ops. I'm on my 6th Mustang too.
Sponsored