Sponsored

GT500 CFTP GT4 style wing mount set

At what price point would you buy a GT4 style wing mounts that would work with a CFTP OEM wing?

• $1,000-$1,200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1,400-$1,600

• $1,600-$1,800

• $1,800-$2,000

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Folks,

I am trying to get an idea for demand for a taller wing mount option that closely resembles the GT4 wing mounts, but will work with the OEM GT500 wing found on the CFTP.

Please do not reply to the poll unless you would be a serious, no doubt buyer with interest in a set. The quality of manufacture would be directly related to the price point in the attached poll.

For instance, the lowest price point would be lower emphasis on aesthetics and probably a multi-piece design with a weld, much like the multimatic GT4 wing. With that said, the higher price point would be a CF work of art that would not only be aesthetically pleasing, but superior in strength and durability with a full engineered analysis.

With that said, please choose your price point based upon your needs.

If you have no interest in such a thing, please don't vote or reply to this thread. Also, Im not going to give any more information. A lot of work went into this and until it is revealed, there will be no more information. This thread is simply to determine price point and demand.

Thanks

20221210_141042.jpg
Sponsored

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I know you stated no extra information but figured I'd ask for clarification anyways before I vote.

Is the goal to have something very similar to what's pictured in terms of adjustability? I only know one company that has a set out currently but I don't think it has that much adjustability, be nice if your product did.

Would this work only for the CFTP or work for us poors with the anderson composites wing as well? I believe the base's are the same dimensions but I'm not too entirely sure.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know you stated no extra information but figured I'd ask for clarification anyways before I vote.

Is the goal to have something very similar to what's pictured in terms of adjustability? I only know one company that has a set out currently but I don't think it has that much adjustability, be nice if your product did.

Would this work only for the CFTP or work for us poors with the anderson composites wing as well? I believe the base's are the same dimensions but I'm not too entirely sure.
2 settings, just like the OEM.

It is test fit to the OEM CFTP wing. I believe the AC wing is a replica of the OEM.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
20221102_125449.jpg
20221102_125431.jpg
20221102_125544.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now thatā€™s just not fair, itā€™s like walking down the beach only to find the best eye candy is lay under her towel ā€¦ :giggle:

WD :like:

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
this wing mount shouldn't cost more than $400. This guy is fleecing you if you are paying more than that

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Do you have the tooling to produce them for that?

this wing mount shouldn't cost more than $400. This guy is fleecing you if you are paying more than that

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Do you have the tooling to produce them for that?
Does he have the tooling? It looks like these are cheap 3d printed mounts. Are these mounts just some cheap copy or were they designed by an engineer who knows what they are doing? Do they have any sort of wind tunnel testing or any validation they actually do something or is it someone's guess? If someone is paying this much, I would expect to know this at the minimum. Can these mounts even handle any sort of down force? What validation or tests have been done?

There are other options out there for better mounts. AJ Hartman offers both wings and wing mounts for less than what is proposed here. They are wings that have been wind tunnel tested and designed by an engineer who designed aero for Mercedes-AMG F1 for the GT350. There is no reason to pay $1-2k for some poser mounts.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Ya, thatā€˜s all great. Now answer the question. No where did I see was that the production unit. And if you missed it the point is a mount that works with the stock rear deck lid and oem wing, not to bolt on an aftermarket set up.

Does he have the tooling? It looks like these are cheap 3d printed mounts. Are these mounts just some cheap copy or were they designed by an engineer who knows what they are doing? Do they have any sort of wind tunnel testing or any validation they actually do something or is it someone's guess? If someone is paying this much, I would expect to know this at the minimum. Can these mounts even handle any sort of down force? What validation or tests have been done?

There are other options out there for better mounts. AJ Hartman offers both wings and wing mounts for less than what is proposed here. They are wings that have been wind tunnel tested and designed by an engineer who designed aero for Mercedes-AMG F1 for the GT350. There is no reason to pay $1-2k for some poser mounts.

Last edited:

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
This is why we canā€™t have nice things.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Ya, thatā€˜s all great. Now answer the question. No where did I see these were the production units. And if you missed it the point is a mount that works with the stock rear deck lid and oem wing, not to bolt on an aftermarket set up.
It is silly to pay up to $2k for wing mounts. The company I suggested can make the mounts in carbon for far less in the exact same GT4 style if you wanted.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm not sure anyone would want the same GT4 style as the upper portion of the upright would only mount to a GT4 wing. It's a completely different setup at that juncture.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.