Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Gents, Where could I go to either get
a: Caliper covers or
b: Another set of calipers that I can have powder coated to what I want? or
c. Another suggestion. (ie High heat vinyl for calipers.)

I'm just wanting to change the "red". As after seeing the CF wheels, I really think they are sick and love the look.
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
a: Caliper covers are STUPID... especially on this car...please no
b: Guessing this would be cost prohibitive, but probably available if you have the cash
c. I would say vinyl or spray paint is out of the question unless you want it to eventually look like crap

What i would do is find a place that does powder coating, ensure they know how to handle brake calipers. I can work with my guy and he can have them done same day, just work with him and schedule it accordingly. So take your calipers off that night, they should be able to have done same day and you can be back on the road in 1-2 days. Again same day for a powdercoater is NOT common but they can do it if you work with them.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Either buy new calipers or use High temp caliper paint.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OP: your car is silver, right? The red calipers look fantastic on that color (like they do with any neutral color), er, what color are you thinking about[?]

OP
OP

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
OP: your car is silver, right? The red calipers look fantastic on that color (like they do with any neutral color), er, what color are you thinking about[?]
Blue, ie a “ford blue” w Ford blue accents from bremaro on the badges etc. I had considered just getting these powder coated but perhaps a new set powder coated is the answer. The red does look fantastic. I just want some ford blue and a little more classic look
W blue/silver.

ty guys for the advice.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Blue, ie a “ford blue” w Ford blue accents from bremaro on the badges etc. I had considered just getting these powder coated but perhaps a new set powder coated is the answer. The red does look fantastic. I just want some ford blue and a little more classic look
W blue/silver.

ty guys for the advice.
Oh yeah, blue would also be a great "highlight" color. I did the same with a Supra years ago, dark metallic gray, black/gray Recaros, with blue details all over.

Hope you get it done, I really want to see it :D

Side note: bummer Ford doesn't offer, red, blue or black for caliper options.

OP
OP

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't think OEM is powder coated. Calipers should get high temp caliper paint......

Just sayin'
Sponsored