GT500 blower on GT350

Imma Sssnaake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Does anyone know if this will work on a ‘18 GT350? There’s a slight possibility that I might be able to get my hands on a GT500 blower for my 18 and i was wondering if this would work. The Gen 2 Voodoo shares a block with the new Predator motor (although mines NOT a gen 2) so i would imagine Ford being Ford they wouldn’t change up bolt patterns or anything to make it more of a shared part for cheaper production.
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
The hard part is getting the computers and sensors to all talk. I don't think the 350 ECU can control the blower pressure or has the inputs to do so. Plus I thought the blower is taller, which means cutting into your hood. But the whipple works, so who knows.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
All of the Coyote/Voodoo/Predator engine variations all share the same intake pattern so the lower manifold will physically bolt to the heads.

As DCShelby said, the problem might be in the sensors and ECU control.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Why put an Eaton SC on the Voodoo, when a whipple will bolt on and can be tuned easier. I am sure the cost would be cheaper overall. Other than the rarity of an Eaton and saying its a GT500 blower, seems like a big expense.

Just my 0.02 cents.

OP
OP
Imma Sssnaake

Imma Sssnaake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Why put an Eaton SC on the Voodoo, when a whipple will bolt on and can be tuned easier. I am sure the cost would be cheaper overall. Other than the rarity of an Eaton and saying its a GT500 blower, seems like a big expense.

Just my 0.02 cents.
Well the reason I would is because the GT500 blower would be given to me for free, compared to the $8-10k whipple kit. What all would it take to fix the ECU problem? Motec M150?

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Well the reason I would is because the GT500 blower would be given to me for free, compared to the $8-10k whipple kit. What all would it take to fix the ECU problem? Motec M150?
Take it to a tuner shop and see what they can do for you.

Deleted member 37397

I’d ask a place like VMP or FatHouse. Those guys seem to have a handle on going well beyond the limits of these cars

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There could be several issues to consider:

1) Hood clearance
2) Piecing together all the parts needed like belts, pulleys, brackets, etc.
3) Physical interface between GT350 throttle body and the blower
4) Upgraded fueling needs such as injectors and new fuel system or pump boosters
5) Intake tubing and filter housing
6) Intercooler system; wiring pump, hoses, location etc.
7) blower snout clearance
8) other misc. things 5 minutes worth of thinking didn't uncover

Above is what your paying for in an aftermarket supercharger kit...well engineered, complete, bolt on system.

A competent tuner should be able to tune it...supercharging a GT350 isn't uncharted territory; although there could be some aspects/uniqueness tuning wise.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
It would be a first, as either its GT500s increasing their boost or GT350/R going with aftermarket kits. I would think the strut tower brace would be an issue as the GT500 has a different design. But, possibly hood clearance as well.

The only way to know is get the item from your friend and see. I would say sensors and a custom tune will be a start and them going from there. But, there is quite a bit of unknown until you have it in your possession and start looking...

You could possibly looking at spending more for trying to get it to work. So, if your wanting to do it because its a GT500 supercharger, go for it. But know there is a lot of work, no matter if you do it yourself or decide to get a shop to do the leg work. Might hit up a few shops to see if its something they have tried or though about...

Sponsored

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
Sell the 500 blower and buy a complete kit where all these questions have been answered for you. Not only do you get support for everything in the package, but you can be assured your'e not missing something.

That would be my vote.

OP
OP
Imma Sssnaake

Imma Sssnaake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
There could be several issues to consider:

1) Hood clearance
2) Piecing together all the parts needed like belts, pulleys, brackets, etc.
3) Physical interface between GT350 throttle body and the blower
4) Upgraded fueling needs such as injectors and new fuel system or pump boosters
5) Intake tubing and filter housing
6) Intercooler system; wiring pump, hoses, location etc.
7) blower snout clearance
8) other misc. things 5 minutes worth of thinking didn't uncover

Above is what your paying for in an aftermarket supercharger kit...well engineered, complete, bolt on system.

A competent tuner should be able to tune it...supercharging a GT350 isn't uncharted territory; although there could be some aspects/uniqueness tuning wise.
The plan is to mount this to a RPG built motor based off the Gen 2 Voodoo/GT500 block, with that being said i would be able to lower the whole engine with a new k member and engine mounts while the engine is out. The strut tower brace is gunna have to be taken off regardless, even whipple kits designed for this car wont clear it so this definitely wont. VMP has a GT350 hood on their predator swapped GT so i would imagine that it wont be impossible to clear the hood. As for the tb, he’s porting the blower, doing a whipple intercooler brick, and the kong billet 108 mm tb before he changes to turbos, so I wouldnt be trying to make the stock tb work. I feel like a lot of the possible issues you mentioned could be made easier just by pulling the motor instead of trying to install it in the engine bay like you would with a whipple kit.

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
If you haven't already done so, Call Ben @ Fathouse. Even if the Motec M150 works its going to be equal or exceed the cost of a Whipple when all the parts and labor are counted..... At least it was not long ago.
Sponsored