GT500 blower on GT350

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I looked at some pics of gen3 fuel rails and it looks like they are not shared.
Sponsored

Scott413

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I looked at some pics of gen3 fuel rails and it looks like they are not shared.
Yeah, that's my concern. I have seen some builds where they have disabled the DI, so I don't know if that's an option. I don't know if it can be tuned out, or if you have to go with an aftermarket ECU like Holley or Fueltech.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think I'd keep the DI, it really helps reducing detonation.

I ask Mike questions. He has done a lot of tuning on Gen3's with superchargers.

@engineermike

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Thanks man. I've had a lot come up in the last few months that have prevented me from starting on it. Question is, I want this to work on my Gen 3, but the fuel rails from the predator are port injection only. I wonder if this limits the install to Gen 2 engines?
Assuming the supercharger clears the DI injectors and rail in the V of the Gen3, you only need to tee off the OE fuel system to run over to the DI pump. The Predator is 2 fuel rails and a separate removable cross over tube. If there are AN adapters available to connect to the rails, you can just make a new crossover. The other option is an aftermarket fuel rail and AN fittings to tee off of for the DI pump.

Scott413

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Assuming the supercharger clears the DI injectors and rail in the V of the Gen3, you only need to tee off the OE fuel system to run over to the DI pump. The Predator is 2 fuel rails and a separate removable cross over tube. If there are AN adapters available to connect to the rails, you can just make a new crossover. The other option is an aftermarket fuel rail and AN fittings to tee off of for the DI pump.
This sounds like the best solution. I have a Fore return system that was on my 2017, so it may be that I can update my fuel rails to the Gen 3s and tie them into the DI pump. It looks like a custom solution is going to be the way to go here.

Sponsored

Scott413

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Supercharger does not clear the DI rails on the Gen 3. You would have to fabricate some kind of spacer to give the clearance needed. Fortunately, Sai Li makes a delete kit that blocks of the direction injection ports so they can be removed. From there we can just use the stock port injection GT500 fuel rails and tune accordingly.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Man this thing rips! Love it! Drives like it's supposed to, nothing special when just cruising, but when you get on it, super cool noises and great acceleration!

IMG_20230404_184204_01.jpg

IMG_20230404_184204_02.jpg

IMG_20230404_184141_01.jpg
so what throttle body did you end up with ?
what crank pulley ?

Sponsored

Scott413

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
so what throttle body did you end up with ?
what crank pulley ?
I ended up going with a C&L 90mm throttle body and we fabricated a spacer to make it work. Crank pulley is just the stock GT500 part.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I ended up going with a C&L 90mm throttle body and we fabricated a spacer to make it work. Crank pulley is just the stock GT500 part.
That swap deserves a detailed thread of its own, just sayin'....

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Notice the IAT/MAP isn't connected - what are you using for those references?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I did a mach1 engine with a 2.3 whipple years ago. I rewired the iat from the MAF to the blower housings OE location. Had to talk to the tuner about that so he knew the IAT was located after the compressor. 03-04 cobr and I assume GT500 - have 2 IAT - ambient and after compressor. If you have to pick only 1 to have and tune off off, it's probably the compressed air temp.
Sponsored