Sponsored

GT500 and GT350 on the Track

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
The GT500 looked really fast to me.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
If ford hasnt posted a time, it doesnt count. Dont you know how this works? :cwl:
The real time to look forward to are VIR and laguna seca. Gt500 will not be within 2 seconds of the viper on either track, membership bet
Maybe when you get time off this place you can actually drive the gt500 at the track you seem so keen on defending. But I bet you're nothing but a waxer. LOL

But you dont even own a viper. :cwl:

True, I wonder why that time isnt posted?

Either way the gt500 isnt going to clock a 2:42 at VIR, got a membership bet with v00d00 who is using a stopwatch from 1 perspective video. :devil:
your the king of assumptions, considering i didnt agree, but you are posting that i did.

What is the ACR and Zr1 lap times, at what track, and with whom that you would like wager against?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Ford should post the official time and share their miracle technology with the entire world because whatever they did to that 4200 lbs rwd car with 315’s running faster times than a 3300 lbs Viper ACR with 355’s, especially on a small track like that, deserves a Nobel prize and a key achievement in the history of automobile technology.:clap:
Exactly, and theres people here that think this car is as quick as a ford gt on a road course. They're using the repaved grattan video as evidence that this car will compete.
We'll see, im excited, I'm a mustang guy more than camaro guy.

Ahhh your precious ZR1:

"Spy photographers spotted Chevy testing itsmost-powerful factory Corvette ever, the ZR1, on the Nürburgring Nordschleife on numerous occasions last year. Yet, we never received an official lap time.

The answer is likely because, well, it's rather disappointing. According to a Facebook post from retired Corvette test driver, Jim Mero, the Chevy Corvette ZR1 hustled its way around the Green Hell in a quick but not record-challenging 7:04. That's slower than what the Corvette team hoped for, which was a sub-7-minute run."
c_oc=AQk9PYvnMG6mAmiJYaCD-tf0sRDHcbsiUhTWPcKthHeBcono3v1W18rPhu8b1dd21Yg&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.jpg
I like the zr1 and want one. But I will root for the ACR before a ZR1, even if I owned a ZR1. This is the vette to get till the c8 z06.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I know someone with a Viper ACR, and he basically drags race it...Well truthfully roll race it. I have not seen him go to a road course with it yet. But he may have. He does drive it on the street quite a bit.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I know someone with a Viper ACR, and he basically drags race it...Well truthfully roll race it. I have not seen him go to a road course with it yet. But he may have. He does drive it on the street quite a bit.
Kind of a waste. That car is all about the road course.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
The last gen ACR Vipers are beautiful cars.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Wow, that's incredibly fast. I wonder if that was Billy Johnson?

I've heard the GT500 Carbon Fiber pack is around a ZR1/Z06 w/Z07 for track times, but that's even faster. Great job. She's a porker but she's a fast porker.

Also, that 19 GT350 is very fast too.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The GT500’s cooling system is complex, utilizing six heat exchangers — engine coolant, supercharger intercooler, engine oil cooler, transmission oil cooler, auxiliary high-temp radiator and A/C condenser — and a 600-watt electric fan to keep the car cool enough to keep lapping until the car or its driver runs out of fuel.

After spending so much time beating on this car, Ford Performance engineers have a soft spot for it. They nicknamed it after a famous race car driver, but for our purposes they called it Jeff’s Car, in deference to engineer Jeff Grauer’s dedication to keeping it in tip-top shape. He did so in part by following the same scheduled maintenance procedures recommended in the owner’s manual.
“And in order to deliver the level of track sustainability so that you can go out, drive it hot for a session, come back in put gas in it, right back around and go out. That’s the level of capability we wanted to deliver with this car,” Keith said. “And that’s what it does. The reason I get out of the car is because I need something to eat or something to drink or whatever. You know, I don’t get out of the car because at the track we run five-points (harnesses) and it takes a few minutes to get all that stuff on. So, we’ll have somebody come to the gas pump, fill it up and go right back out.”
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/202...tNOMzGLLpGJF014wuWN2ABdiCZgGTfRT85FypFsjxcxxQ

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
True, I wonder why that time isnt posted?
Because fastest laps is a joke, just like lightning lap. Bit worse. Because they post a "GT350R" laptime from the ring, when a GT350R never went to the Ring with Ford. #fakenews just like HPFreaks who made the whole thing up.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
"test cars accumulated 6,700 track laps and 207 hours of duty while going through 288 sets of tires as of August 17, 2019"
Sweet.
23.3 laps per set? Lol, must have been drifting the whole time?

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
An enigma.. I've never seen and real ACR on the street.
I've seen an ACR at a track day and it was insane fast. I have a hard time believing that the GT500 could be in that ballpark with roughly 800-900 pounds of additional weight and without the ridiculous amount of aero and tire that the ACR has, but I guess we'll see eventually. It would be an amazing feat of engineering if so.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Because fastest laps is a joke, just like lightning lap. Bit worse. Because they post a "GT350R" laptime from the ring, when a GT350R never went to the Ring with Ford. #fakenews just like HPFreaks who made the whole thing up.

They’re a sham. they have some official times along with hearsay times. It’s ridiculous and not to be trusted as a viable source.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hell yeah, it hauls ass.

Im wondering why the two viper times are close, maybe the older viper ran on a freshly paved course? on other tracks they are several seconds apart.
Different tracks bud, you have to AT LEAST compare times accomplished on the same tracks. Lol, you must be old because you are stubborn AF. Go ahead and look up zr1 times in grattan, you wont find a 2019 zr1. You will find a zr1 from 10 years ago tho.
I just googled Grattan resurface, it was done exactly a year ago, according to this track day:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...pde-sept-14-16-2018-raceway-motor-city-337311

Meh, maybe this is why Ford didnt care to record the lap time and share it with the media. I mean they were testing several GT350s and GT500s.
07A282C7-9537-48F8-B10F-FC7CF4336BF3.png
View attachment 391972 View attachment 391972
Those photos are nearly 10 years old.... I looked at Grattan raceway’s Facebook and found this picture from April of 2010.. Look familiar?
Did you google grattan resurface 2018? Also, do you think the grattan website will not update their site? Cmon dude. Lol. Even if it was true, that resurface was 8 years prior to last year.
Also, my track day link is from last year citing a track resurface. Cmon bro. Theres gotta be a reason ford didnt publish a fast time at grattan. Or maybe this just dont care.
Did you go to their website???? Clearly still shows pictures from 10 years ago.... Your pushing 10 year old pictures as evidence of a complete resurface.. I originally stated that the video clearly shows freshly patched areas.. Show me current, not 10 year old pictures of the fresh complete resurface and I will believe you.
So the date on Facebook is incorrect? Grattan is pushing old photos. They have not updated it. You can easily find the photo on their Facebook and the date it was posted. It clearly shows April of 2010. It's clear evidence that those photos are old and not current. I would trust that Facebook is pretty good at putting a date and time on a photo and that Grattan raceway is not good at updating their site. The evidence speaks for itself.
Exactly, and theres people here that think this car is as quick as a ford gt on a road course. They're using the repaved grattan video as evidence that this car will compete.
We'll see, im excited, I'm a mustang guy more than camaro guy.

I like the zr1 and want one. But I will root for the ACR before a ZR1, even if I owned a ZR1. This is the vette to get till the c8 z06.

The walls are closing in on the haters..

1st its no way, then it must have been repaved even though you can tell its old, then its proven that the repave is old.. at some point in time people will not be able to deny how fast it is.. then its "it better be faster than a XYZ car for $30,000,000,000 !! i can do better with my base model and some control arms on 225 tires! what a waste"

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The walls are closing in on the haters..

1st its no way, then it must have been repaved even though you can tell its old, then its proven that the repave is old.. at some point in time people will not be able to deny how fast it is.. then its "it better be faster than a XYZ car for $30,000,000,000 !! i can do better with my base model and some control arms on 225 tires! what a waste"
Your base would never do it you forgot to add a supercharger :giggle:
Sponsored