YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Im still going with 10.6 under perfect conditions.

I don't see that happening, 10.8 at best on a highly prepped track.

The ZR1 at 3,600lbs +/- ran a best of 10.36. Next best was 10.5

The GT500 is 4,225lbs +/-

+600lbs more.

The ZR1 has an A8 but the GT500 has the faster shifting DCT.

Hopefully, some numbers will be coming soon.

zr1.png
Sponsored

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Good point, but i dont think matters, lets say under 250k

I really dont see a dct and street tires getting a good enough 60' to get a 10.6

I hate when people dont comprehend context.
Yes , verifiing stock as in off the showroom floor/as delivered. As dodge has semed to really F'd that term up.

Sorry, I was not referring to you, rather that people talk "Stock" when in fact most of the time the car is not.

It was more of a general statement. No one should ever have to ask if a car was stock when quoting times run by a stock car.

It's like those same aholes who say "I can put a Massive Turbo in my Honda Civic and beat a GT500 for $10,000." :curse:

What's up with Dodge?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Good point, but i dont think matters, lets say under 250k

I really dont see a dct and street tires getting a good enough 60' to get a 10.6

I hate when people dont comprehend context.
Yes , verifiing stock as in off the showroom floor/as delivered. As dodge has semed to really F'd that term up.
Demon-magazine says 9s. Ive seen low 10s
Mclaren 570s- ive seen mid 10s
Zr1- forum time mid 10s. Ive seen 10.7
Porsche 911 gt2. Mags say high 10s
Hellcat red eye widebody- mags say high 10s. Seen one go 10.6 on drag radials on a 75 degree night.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Fastest Hellcat Redeye on DR is 10.39.
10.78 or so on stock tires.
Fastest Dodge Demon on stock tires is like 9.8
Most are 9.9 to 10.2

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
A couple guys all defensive about the “possibility” of the 500 approaching ZR1 performance - the same people with the same reactions in multiple threads.

Congrats Team Ford Performance! You can go ahead with the child’s play marketing campaign: “GT500. The feeling-hurter”

It’s a MUSTANG. Not a two seat sports car. It’s in a different category. That’s why it’s so exciting to hear about it being so threatening to cars it isn’t supposed to come near. It looks awesome, has crazy power levels, actually good factory tires for once, accelerates like the business, and handles like a dream.

That it can be great at multiple disciplines is amazing as well. It’s heavy, so there is only so much the DCT can do with the power it has, but the DCT can do an awful lot. It may be just shy of cars it “isn’t supposed to beat” but it may also exceed the performance of some of those cars - just like the ZL1 (a great car in its own right before the 500 comes along) did. Let’s enjoy the speculation until we have real world numbers - and not the motor trend or hot rod magazine version of those numbers.

Review some of the available footage of the 500 booking it. Then notice how it takes severe corners. It’s a reckoning.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Question for you 1/4 mile guys.

On an average day at the track whats the % of cars running sub 11 seconds?

I know when i was at Maple Grove a few months ago only 1 car got to low 11s and that was Stangmode and it looked SUPER impressive.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

I know when i was at Maple Grove a few months ago only 1 car got to low 11s and that was Stangmode and it looked SUPER impressive.

About 75% of the bracket racer do. And about 10% of the street cars. If you have a high 9- low 10 car. You’ll be the fastest guy in the drive in street lanes on most nights.

Last edited:

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT

Depends on the lanes....

Sportsman/street tire cars- most likely none with the exception being the guys with the GTR's, Porsche's, modded TT's.

NT/Grudge lane- usually all single digit cars with the occasional turd mixed in. Lots of Demons run here at PBIR , I assume to hide dissapointment.

Slicks/DR lane- mostly single digit street cars and full blown race cars with the occasional guy that has DR's and doesnt want to run with the street tire scrubs

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
My base 18 GT 5.0 with e85 tune and suspension mods for the track ran an 11.679. Dyno was 490 at the wheels. Street tires. The GT500 should be just a bit faster. LOL.

This was under perfect conditions pretty much at sea level in Houston at Houston Raceway Park, formerly Royal Purple.

Edit: Found the slips. 11.679.
Time slips.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
How much does the e85 help?? What does it entail?
It helps alot, especially if your FI. Basically It takes a e85 tune and a upgraded fuel system because of the extra fuel your using. NA cars could probably just upgrade injectors but FI cars would need a return style fuel system. It also does create a little extra maintenance on your fuel system and you can't let your car sit for long periods of time or it might clog up your fuel sytem. GT500 on E85 will be crazy!

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
It helps alot, especially if your FI. Basically It takes a e85 tune and a upgraded fuel system because of the extra fuel your using. NA cars could probably just upgrade injectors but FI cars would need a return style fuel system. It also does create a little extra maintenance on your fuel system and you can't let your car sit for long periods of time or it might clog up your fuel sytem. GT500 on E85 will be crazy!
Thanks, looks like just under 2k for a full kit, for 80hp.

I think ill just enjoy the factory 760 for now.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, looks like just under 2k for a full kit, for 80hp.

I think ill just enjoy the factory 760 for now.
I think the progression is going to be to enjoy stock power, then a tune, then a pulley + revised tune and then once pump gas is maxed out then look out here comes the E85!
Sponsored