GT500 Aluminum Cam/Valve Covers

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I received the covers but didn't get any bolts, should I have received bolts too?

GT500 Aluminum Cam Cover.jpg

GT500 Aluminum Cam Cover Part.jpg
Sponsored

NoGo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2011 5.0, 2016 F-150 5.0
Yeah those come with bolts, I'd recommend reaching out to whoever you purchased from (hopefully us) and try to get a set of bolts. :like:

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
I called them and they said that they would take care of it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yes, mine had bolts included.

Remove your battery box and the formed piece of steel near it and sort of wrapping around it, you'll hate the installation of the passenger side cover much less. You'll hate the driver side back by the brake booster too, but an assortment of universal joints will get it.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Would those work on a gen 3 5.0?

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Would those work on a gen 3 5.0?
No. The Gen3 direct injection pump prevents this and also the exhaust cam phaser connections are in a different location so the holes for these in the cam covers are in the wrong place.

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, mine had bolts included.

Remove your battery box and the formed piece of steel near it and sort of wrapping around it, you'll hate the installation of the passenger side cover much less. You'll hate the driver side back by the brake booster too, but an assortment of universal joints will get it.
I figured it would be complicated in some way.
Thanks

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
No. The Gen3 direct injection pump prevents this and also the exhaust cam phaser connections are in a different location so the holes for these in the cam covers are in the wrong place.
But MMR makes a aluminum billet set that will. They are sexy as hell. It’s a big ask though. $1299 a set raw but you can get anodized for $150 more. Add your custom logo for $200 or delete theirs for $50.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I figured it would be complicated in some way.
Thanks
100% remove that battery box. There's one or two bolts on that passenger side back corner that make it a terrible job if you don't.

Also be careful with the injector wires, don't jack up an injector plug like I did. Also don't jack up your heater hose connection like I did.

If you need help prying off the old cover, if you slip a couple zipties through the bolt holes and yank on the looped zip ties, you can get some pretty good leverage. Prying on tabs on the plastic covers will often just break them off.

jody858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT

Sponsored

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've had a set of these valve covers in storage for quite a while (over a year) and am finally getting around to installing them. Like the OP, the boxes that were sent to me were void of any hardware. After this much time I don't expect the FRPP dealer to provide hardware, I should have opened the box when I received them. I've sent a note asking for a part number so I can order the bolts but haven't heard back. Does anybody have a part number for the hardware?

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
I ordered my from Levittown Ford and it came with all the bolts. Not sure why other vendors aren't providing them, but they should be included.

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
More than likely quality control issues at Ford, but I could be way off. Was the hardware that came with your valve covers bagged with part numbers? I am blown away by how difficult it is to find part numbers for these bolts.

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
In case anybody is interested, my local parts guy pulled up the details and the valve cover bolts are the same as the coil bolts:
W503280-S437
Sponsored