Sponsored

GT500 Aftermarket Exhaust?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What’s the main benefits and differences we’re going to see with the H pipe versus this nice X pipe product that’s out on the market now?

just seeing if it’s worth waiting for?
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
What’s the main benefits and differences we’re going to see with the H pipe versus this nice X pipe product that’s out on the market now?

It's preference, to be different by going back to the Mustang's roots.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Good video of the LTH resonator delete Xpipe, sounds nasty

Should probably be pretty close to the lethal unit. I just went with lethal because I like how much they support the mustang and tuner community. Importantly the lethal pipe is very good quality. I remember seeing a few reports of the LTH pipe not fitting well over the axel back and needing to be modified

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The H-pipe will give you more of the classic muscle car sound while the X will sound similar to stock just a tad louder.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

no "benefit", its all about sound, if anything h will rob a little bid of power compared to an x,

h - deeper more old school
x - raspier new school / euro

Sponsored

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Yeah, I'd be curious to see dyno results with just the x-pipe, then add on JLT intake or whatever one you want and test it again. Probably a video out there somewhere...

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So it sounds like the X pipe really doesn’t change the sound of the car just adds a slight amount of volume?

I also heard that the X pipe takes away some of the drone and track mode is that right?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
So it sounds like the X pipe really doesn’t change the sound of the car just adds a slight amount of volume?

I also heard that the X pipe takes away some of the drone and track mode is that right?
It definitely changes the sound. You’d really have to hear it in person or be in the car for a real world opinion on it. Everyone who runs one only has good things to say about them. We’ll have an H pipe option shortly in a Lethal Performance brand and one from Corsa.

As to the drone in track mode. I personally haven’t been able to notice any difference with drone but then again I really don’t pay much too attention to drone.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It definitely changes the sound. You’d really have to hear it in person or be in the car for a real world opinion on it. Everyone who runs one only has good things to say about them. We’ll have an H pipe option shortly in a Lethal Performance brand and one from Corsa.

As to the drone in track mode. I personally haven’t been able to notice any difference with drone but then again I really don’t pay much too attention to drone.
What’s your definition of “shortly”? Lol only asking cause I need to know what my short term budget needs will be 🤣

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP

I'm ready to buy as soon as it drops.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s your definition of “shortly”? Lol only asking cause I need to know what my short term budget needs will be 🤣
I'd be lying to you if I gave you a date right now as I'm really unsure. Lots of delays in production and material shortages have plagued our as well as a lot of other industries. I do believe though we will have the Corsa HH and XX versions for the 2020+ GT500 before the Lethal brand ones become available. As I get more info and have the project about ready to rock I'll be sure to make everyone aware.

Thanks!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'd be lying to you if I gave you a date right now as I'm really unsure. Lots of delays in production and material shortages have plagued our as well as a lot of other industries. I do believe though we will have the Corsa HH and XX versions for the 2020+ GT500 before the Lethal brand ones become available. As I get more info and have the project about ready to rock I'll be sure to make everyone aware.

Thanks!
Got it. Any plans to do a sound/dyno comparison between the two Corsa pieces and another between the two Lethal ones?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Any plans to do a sound/dyno comparison between the two Corsa pieces and another between the two Lethal ones?
We don't have any plans for that at this time as our car has since been fitted with 2" longtubes. So it really wouldn't be a good test mule for sound comparisons.
Sponsored