Sponsored

GT500 Aftermarket Exhaust?

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Unless you can find someone to offer an axel back! I don’t want to spend 2k on a catback system but would love to have blacked out tips.
Agree 100% ... I like the borla, corsa, and SW cat back. BUT they are way too expensive just for a sound change and corsa really drops the ball with the smaller 4" tips.

So for now, I'm just considering the res delete. Unless there are some crazy black friday/holiday discounts or rebates offered in a few months. Time will tell.
Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Ok guys, I went to my local exhaust shop this morning, and they helped rectify my exhaust issue. I got the H-Pipe on and I must say, DAMN! This is how this beast is supposed to roar. I also talked to Shifteck and they said the H-Pipe was supposed to butt up to the existing rear section and fasten with the provided 2.5 in clamp as a butt joint. That seemed pretty much impossible to me with the weight of that rear section it would seem it was just pull apart. If that is truly how it should work, I'd like to see some proof with one installed that way. I will provide some sound clips shortly.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ok guys, I went to my local exhaust shop this morning, and they helped rectify my exhaust issue. I got the H-Pipe on and I must say, DAMN! This is how this beast is supposed to roar. I also talked to Shifteck and they said the H-Pipe was supposed to butt up to the existing rear section and fasten with the provided 2.5 in clamp as a butt joint. That seemed pretty much impossible to me with the weight of that rear section it would seem it was just pull apart. If that is truly how it should work, I'd like to see some proof with one installed that way. I will provide some sound clips shortly.
My apologies for not giving you props as well, I wasn’t looking at everyone’s screen name and assumed Kilobravo was the only one posting about this install. Thank you too for trying to tackle this and I await your sound bites.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I also talked to Shifteck and they said the H-Pipe was supposed to butt up to the existing rear section and fasten with the provided 2.5 in clamp as a butt joint. That seemed pretty much impossible to me with the weight of that rear section it would seem it was just pull apart. If that is truly how it should work, I'd like to see some proof with one installed that way. I will provide some sound clips shortly.
So your experience echos mine with their customer service.. I'm by no means bashing shifteck but they underwhelmed me with their responses to my emails seeking info and a few questions I had about their res delete options for the 500. They were very vague and only 2-3 word responses. They seemed very uninformed and made me question if they even tested their products on our cars. After reading your experience, it furthers my suspicion.

In comparison, when I reached out to lethal for similar info and questions, I got a 3 paragraph response with very detailed info, thoughts, opinions, and then some.

Again not bashing shiftek, but after reading this and my email responses it definitely doesn't inspire confidence in a purchase. But glad it all worked out and looking forward to the sound clips!

Sponsored

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
All,

I have been disappointed in all the before and after videos for the GT500 aftermarket exhausts. I don't hear much difference. Have you heard any good ones in person that are a little louder and deeper.? Will it take headers?

I currently have X pipe res. delete. My GT350 was much louder from top to bottom.

Thanks!
We need Flowmaster outlaws and resonator delete h pipe and I bet ya that will make it sound damn good and deep

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
We need Flowmaster outlaws and resonator delete h pipe and I bet ya that will make it sound damn good and deep
There are multiple header options available, so far I’ve seen that Kooks headers have zero fitment issues. I don’t know about American Racing or Stainless works but they have products available. The Borla Atak cat back is pretty loud.

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Of all the systems, I really like the sound of the SW. Just can't justify 2k+ just for a sound change. Shame they are all so expensive.

PR3DAT0R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I have american racing headers with a custom delete through factory exhaust. Car sounds amazing on the track. It’s LOUD. It absolutely has everyone watching from the pits when it goes roaring by. However, it’s too loud for me to drive on the street. My car sees 95% time on the track. If I was driving this on the street I would have to tone it down.
Sponsored