Sponsored

GT500 Aftermarket Exhaust?

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I want an axle back from them. I like their muffler sound but don’t need to replace all the other piping.
I contacted them about piecing out their system and selling just res delete, etc. They said they have no plans to offer anything other than the cat back system at this time.
Wonder if anyone on here has some pull with them to convince em otherwise!
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Borla Tips look cool although would be nice to have a full CF option w/o the inner metal pieces in the tips

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
What drone are we talking about?
Brian: To answer your question, try this. Let her quickly get into 7th and then gradually increase speed. I don't think it's just my car as others have also mentioned it. If your girl is gonna drone, it will probably be right around this RPM/speed in 7th. I don't notice it at slower speeds and lower gears but we don't spend as much time in those places as cruise.

I notice it on mine every time I get on the highway, or at least the times I don't get after it (granny throttle.) It is quite pronounced in my car but offhand, I can't tell you the speed where I notice it most probably because when I hear it, I immediately paddle down and throttle up.

But now Tob tells me the LP Res Delete X doesn't correct the acoustics despite what a vid I saw claimed. Maybe it will at least reduce it a bit.

As for X vs H and raspy vs rumbly, I am in the raspier preference camp. After all, it isn't a big block 428 <smile> and I've come to be partial to F1 type sounding exhaust. I don't THINK that makes me a traitor. <grin>

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm really torn between an X or an H pipe res delete. I just dont want more rasp. Prefer a deeper tone/burble.
The X on the 500 isn't rasp laden ala the GT350. I had a 350 and added a Borla catback too. The tone is a bit different on this car and gets slightly deeper with the resonators gone. You really only notice it in Track Mode when you are on it.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The X on the 500 isn't rasp laden ala the GT350. I had a 350 and added a Borla catback too. The tone is a bit different on this car and gets slightly deeper with the resonators gone. You really only notice it in Track Mode when you are on it.

Yeah rasp on my 350 was nuts. Sounded so nasty

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
So..... 100% of the time then?

Last edited:

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Also, you can definitely notice the resonators gone, in any mode. Above 2.5, 3k RPM? Obvious to someone who has heard the difference back to back.

Cold starts aren't disappointing anymore either, considering we don't have the ability from the factory to start the car in anything but normal mode, even going accessory first doesn't work iirc.

Since I pulled the fuse and kept the flaps open 100% of the time when I had the 17 2SS, I'm used to hearing all the car's got on colds, but having the ability to quiet the car if I need to, since it can be so damn loud now with this amazing car, is more important for me. Not waking up family members, pissing off neighbors, cops, etc.

Just wish I cooouuuld start it in track mode if I really wanted, all open. Just for me, y'know?

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can’t you just turn the car accessory power on , switch to track mode exhaust and start the car? That’s what I’ve been doing I think it works

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Also, you can definitely notice the resonators gone, in any mode
Subjective topics such as sound can be frustrating at times. I have not found the above to be the case at all. I cannot tell the resonators are gone in any (which is essentially "every") mode. Wide open in Track Mode there is a mild change. Beyond that it is so subtle I believe you'd need calibrated equipment to show there is a difference in before and after.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Subjective topics such as sound can be frustrating at times. I have not found the above to be the case at all. I cannot tell the resonators are gone in any (which is essentially "every") mode. Wide open in Track Mode there is a mild change. Beyond that it is so subtle I believe you'd need calibrated equipment to show there is a difference in before and after.
Are you saying that the organs I use to tune my wife out are not "calibrated equipment???"

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Can’t you just turn the car accessory power on , switch to track mode exhaust and start the car? That’s what I’ve been doing I think it works
No, it starts in normal. Only other way I know to change it is to set the start position to quiet in the settings.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1