GT500 Aftermarket Exhaust?

36382mm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500
Oh snap, I didn’t know they offered one. The last time I checked only X’s were available. I just pulled the trigger. I’ve been longing for that H-pipe sound. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll post some video once I get it installed.
Hopefully this member will get it installed and get back to us soon

Last edited:

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Anyone check if the Borla fit's

406552?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg
I have been looking into this myself. I emailed borla and they said they don't have any plans to make the switchfire x that's specific to our car available as a solo item.

The GT version is a 2.5"-2". I compared pics of it to the one that comes with the Atak cat-back system for our cars. Ours appears to be larger at both ends. Basically looks like the reduced ends are missing.

After talking with my guy at the shop. He said he could def fabricate reducers to make thr GT version fit. I just dont know if I want to go that route or not. Would prefer to have the larger diameter that fits our car.

But I would def like to hear one with our stock mufflers.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking into this myself. I emailed borla and they said they don't have any plans to make the switchfire x that's specific to our car available as a solo item.

The GT version is a 2.5"-2". I compared pics of it to the one that comes with the Atak cat-back system for our cars. Ours appears to be larger at both ends. Basically looks like the reduced ends are missing.

After talking with my guy at the shop. He said he could def fabricate reducers to make thr GT version fit. I just dont know if I want to go that route or not. Would prefer to have the larger diameter that fits our car.

But I would def like to hear one with our stock mufflers.
I would not use reducers to fit a smaller diameter pipe.

"If" I ever do it, I will get the Shiftteck

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Going down in diameter doesn’t make much sense on a boosted car, but you could probably add or remove 20hp or more and never know unless you’re competing with your machine.

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Attempted to install the Shifteck H-Pipe starting on yesterday. I'm not here to bash, but this thing is not ready for primetime and I'm not sure how certain things were overlooked. The pipe looks of decent quality as far as finish. But dimension wise, there are issues. The pipe seems slightly narrower than the factory 2.75 but the ends are flared slightly. Not the normal flaring you see though where like 3 inches of the end is sized up. It's only like .5" that is flared. This is not enough to sufficiently engage the rear section of pipe after you cut it. They also sent 2.5" clamps, when 2.75" is what would be needed even if the pipe fit properly. The H-Pipe is also only about 29" long. That's about what the length is on the factory piece when you cut it off right behind the first welds. In hindsight, this seems a bit too short also. There were also no relief cuts in the rear part of the H-Pipe, like I've seen on all the others. I made some and attempted to expand the pipe. I was able to get it expanded enough to fit over the cut section, but I'm not comfortable with the amount of engagement, and this stainless was not budging sufficiently with the expander I was using. I've emailed them today with pictures, but haven't heard back yet. I managed to get it rigged up enough for a startup. And I will say that from what I heard then, I'm thinking why the hell haven't we seen h-pipes on these more! It brings back that nostalgia of the Mustang notes of a few generations back. Until I work at this some more, I'm not comfortable putting it on the street though. There's just not enough pipe engagement in the clamps, and it's leaking slightly. But if there's no obnoxious drone that occurs, thinking this will be the way to go. They definitely need a V2 on this H-Pipe though. I hope I can get some resolution on their end. Either way, I'm committed to having an H-Pipe on the car now.

20210831_213404.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Kind of why I wouldn't recommend Shiftek.

Your local muffler shop should be able to bump the ID to exactly what you need in a few seconds. I'd call around or stop by with the pipe and talk to somebody face to face about it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Swing and a mis unfortunately. I’m glad I’m in no rush to change my exhaust, I will consider it when someone makes one worth buying. Too bad Stainless Works doesn’t make both versions…. are you listening SW??

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Kind of why I wouldn't recommend Shiftek.

Your local muffler shop should be able to bump the ID to exactly what you need in a few seconds. I'd call around or stop by with the pipe and talk to somebody face to face about it.
I'm planning on doing that first thing today. It also needs a little extra length too. I'm not too concerned about most of it being 2.5" because as I examined the factory "X", it's necked up and down throughout and the resonator is significantly narrower. I was optimistic and went ahead and started the install, knowing I would have to modify, but after thinking about it, it's a little frustrating. This seems to just be a GT350 pipe that they flared a little hoping it would work with no actual test fit on a GT500. Again, the sound is on point though, from the few cold starts I was able to accomplish. Does anyone know why we haven't seen any H-Pipe resonator deletes for these?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning on doing that first thing today. It also needs a little extra length too. I'm not too concerned about most of it being 2.5" because as I examined the factory "X", it's necked up and down throughout and the resonator is significantly narrower. I was optimistic and went ahead and started the install, knowing I would have to modify, but after thinking about it, it's a little frustrating. This seems to just be a GT350 pipe that they flared a little hoping it would work with no actual test fit on a GT500. Again, the sound is on point though, from the few cold starts I was able to accomplish. Does anyone know why we haven't seen any H-Pipe resonator deletes for these?
Sorry to hear this happening. I agree, they definitely rushed into something they weren't to tackle. I hope you get it modified to work.

I think it's just the fad currently, much like black wheels have been for years now. Someone said "hey, let's make an H pipe" and it's been mostly X pipes ever since. I think most people don't know the difference, so X away. It usually takes some sort of customer buzz to get a company to fill the void. They will come...but how soon?

I am happy to hear the sound seems to be more what we are looking for, gives me hope :thumbsup:
Sponsored