GT500 ADM disappearing

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
I'm still on my quest for a 2020-22 GT500 but have hesitated due to the ADM ($20K additional dealer markup), supply chain problem resolution (flooding market with new cars) and the possibility of a coming recession, which could crater car prices. Autotrader has over 200 of these 'last gasp' GT500s for sale and the dealers that I am currently talking to are offering reduced ADMs from $20K down to $5K. Could the new GT500s follow the same trend of the Mach1 that has big discounts now being offered?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Excuse me for a moment...

šŸæ

OK. I'm back.

Often, when securities markets are softening and buyers are moving in, the phrase, "Like trying to catch a falling knife.", is invoked.

If you wait, will vehicle prices continue to soften? For a certain period of time, I'm sure they will. But for how long and how much I have no idea. Enough to satisfy you? Maybe. Maybe not. Will the right spec car come at the right price? Maybe. You might also miss out.

How long are you willing to wait? How far down is fair? You can only answer these questions yourself.

At the time I purchased Skye, I paid what I considered was a fair price; she's sitting in the garage. My needs were satisfied. Some might have paid more, or less, for the same car; this does not make me feel better or worse for my purchase. I'm happy. They are happy.

What holds for the long-term? IDK. And I don't care. My car wasn't purchased as an "investment". I wanted it. I bought it. I enjoy having it. That's all that matters.

Good Luck and Best Wishes in your search. If you buy something, chime back in with pics.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Until the next S650s GT500s come out, the current ones will probably hover around MSRP or so. Even the 200 for sale you mentioned are probably being held onto by the sellers/dealers for a while to see if they can get their investment back. I'm sure there will be a few deals, below MSRP but they'll have mileage and "history".

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Since you donā€™t seem to want one that bad you can shop around until the ultimate deal comes along. I am doubting most of those 200 cars exist but either way itā€™s your choice. Make a move now or keep shopping.

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
FOMO = fear of missing out...always a consideration but then there are 200+ out there for sale now. Spring returns and the bug bites...to buy or to sell in a stronger market... with more likely for sale?

And, yes, I have talked to many of those selling 2020-22 GT500s and they all exist...with pics and vids too! Even my 2 day excursions to look at the right car for the right price have not turned up any phantoms for sale.

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s all up to you then. No one can predict the future or your bank account.

Starting yet another ADM thread isnā€™t going to make you very popular here. S__t or get off the pot.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This has been brought up at nauseam. Itā€™s the dead of winter, priceā€™s for this type of toy are always lower now. The thing about these cars just like the 350ā€™s is there halo cars for most dealers. They draw customers in. One or two of these sitting on there flooring lines makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. If you look at the used market(actually sold units)there still bringing msrp and in most caseā€™s above. 200 cars for sale is nothing, thereā€™s 300 million peopleish in the US. This is a simple endeavor, if you can afford it and want one buy one. If the few dollars is that much of a deciding factor, then you know your answer for yourself. The grinder attitude work when shopping for a washing machine for example but almost never works out for this type of purchase. The purchase thatā€™s all about price. Just my 2 cents not that it means squat.

FOMO = fear of missing out...always a consideration but then there are 200+ out there for sale now. Spring returns and the bug bites...to buy or to sell in a stronger market... with more likely for sale?

And, yes, I have talked to many of those selling 2020-22 GT500s and they all exist...with pics and vids too! Even my 2 day excursions to look at the right car for the right price have not turned up any phantoms for sale.

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s all up to you then. No one can predict the future or your bank account.

Starting yet another ADM thread isnā€™t going to make you very popular here. S__t or get off the pot.

Yup, I can understand the feelings of GT500 owners if they are contemplating resale. A drop in prices does not make current owners happy. But, the opposite is true for potential buyers.

1st things 1st: STEP 1 - sell s/c Bullitt, privately to nail the biggest $$$ count STEP 2 - buy GT500 with all cash to nail the lowest price

hmm

works for me

And

Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings. I am only sharing the info that I am learning in my search

Please don't shoot the messenger!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang GT
Iā€™m just askingā€¦

your about to spend how much money and another 5k is going to break a deal?

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
The dealer makes more if you finance. The ā€œall cashā€ deal wonā€™t get you too far. There are 2969 Ford dealers in the US. 200 cars means nothing.

I certainly donā€™t want to discourage you just make a move and stop the ADM crap. I would suspect the best deal is in the middle of winter but as you will probably find out not the best time to sell the Bullitt. Good luck.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
First, your not hurting any ones feelings your parroting whatā€™s getting thrown around. Thatā€™s fine. So question, do you have any examples of sold cars at discounts? And by discounts, under msrp. I always laugh when Iā€™m selling something and some one states I have cash. As opposed to what, paying with chickens. Dealers dont care about a cash sale. It is what it is.

Yup, I can understand the feelings of GT500 owners if they are contemplating resale. A drop in prices does not make current owners happy. But, the opposite is true for potential buyers.

1st things 1st: STEP 1 - sell s/c Bullitt, privately to nail the biggest $$$ count STEP 2 - buy GT500 with all cash to nail the lowest price

hmm

works for me

And

Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings. I am only sharing the info that I am learning in my search

Please don't shoot the messenger!

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
A factor that should be considered. Many dealers paid a premium for these from other dealers. I am not trying to dissuade OP. Prices are coming down yes...but if a dealer paid 5-10k over from another dealer, they may not be as quick to dump them.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
First, your not hurting any ones feelings your parroting whatā€™s getting thrown around. Thatā€™s fine. So question, do you have any examples of sold cars at discounts? And by discounts, under msrp. I always laugh when Iā€™m selling something and some one states I have cash. As opposed to what, paying with chickens. Dealers dont care about a cash sale. It is what it is.
The days of cash deals are done. Dealers no longer do the in house financing of old. They get paid from the bank just the same as you plopping down a pile of cash. Often the dealer can add additional apr to the deal to gain even more money.

Glwyd.

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
The dealer makes more if you finance. The ā€œall cashā€ deal wonā€™t get you too far. There are 2969 Ford dealers in the US. 200 cars means nothing.

I certainly donā€™t want to discourage you just make a move and stop the ADM crap. I would suspect the best deal is in the middle of winter but as you will probably find out not the best time to sell the Bullitt. Good luck.

Very good point Cameron - 200 of 2969 = only 7% of all Ford dealers have 1 GT500 for sale but I am also talking to many non-Ford dealers with GT500s that were traded on another brand and they are the ones dropping the ADM on top of original MSRP. So, it does put it into perspective.

But its not only a $5 - 10K difference that I am talking. Used 2020-22 GT500 prices are fairly consistent based on KBB values but some dealers are talking a $20-25K spread when I include a mint Bullitt in the deal. You are right...the newer Bullitts are dropping faster in price than the GT500s...on a % basis, but not on a $$$ basis.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
FWIW, there was a $69,900 base shadow black lemon law manufacturer recall car and a $82k minor flood damage base gray metallic car recently for sale on Autotrader. They sound like good options for the budget minded.
Sponsored