GT500 - $10k over msrp

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I have never even heard of ADM until I joined the forum. I have nothing against anyone paying it and if I had the money I might consider paying a small margin of ADM - I just didn't realize dealerships were doing this on the shelbys...
I remember looking at a new 1980 Honda and didn't buy it because it had an ADM. Take note that was in 1980.
Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Aaaaaand when they first came out: The C4 ZR1.. And the C5Z... And the C6Z... And the C6ZR1... And the C7Z... And the C7ZR1... AND THE C8... And with 100% certainty the C8Z.. Just to use the Corvette as a simple example.

I take it you're pretty new to cars?
These dealers with insane ADMs must be smoking crack or meth.

My C7 Z06 was purchased for MSRP while others were paying +$10-30K...crazy. Got lucky with timing - but the dealer that sold it to me offered me their C8 allocation @ +25K. I flatly said no thanks.
My Ford salesman said I could have their MACh1 allocation for +25K - nope. They have a GT500 in the showroom @ +35K. No thanks.

*ADMs are Canadian dollars*

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
These dealers with insane ADMs must be smoking crack or meth.

My C7 Z06 was purchased for MSRP while others were paying +$10-30K...crazy. Got lucky with timing - but the dealer that sold it to me offered me their C8 allocation @ +25K. I flatly said no thanks.
My Ford salesman said I could have their MACh1 allocation for +25K - nope. They have a GT500 in the showroom @ +35K. No thanks.

*ADMs are Canadian dollars*
Yeah, I don't disagree. Suppose they're going after the folks to whom an extra 20-30k just really doesn't matter a whole lot. They just want the car.

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
For 3 months I looked really hard for a 2020 on a lot, close to MSRP. I almost pulled the trigger on a Grabber Lime base (no CFTP) at $2500 ADM. I decided to wait and I found a 2021 allocation I was able to spec for MSRP, again no CFTP or CFHP. If you apply yourself you can get the deal you want. I just have to wait for my build to start, hopefully the week of 3/29.

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
No, not really. I've purchased 4 new Ford trucks in the past 20 years and owned a 1965 FB since I was 16 (sold it last year to buy the my current GT) - I'm 38 now. I just haven't followed the sale prices of these desirable models I guess. Every new truck I have purchased at the end of the year quite a ways below msrp...
Trucks got em too! Jump over to Raptor forums. There is one in Cali right now with 50k ADM, which is a bit extreme. But guys in Cali paying 3-5k over all day! As well as many of the western states where Raptors can be "Raptor'd"....It's nuts! I bought my Raptor at 6k under msrp but I'm in a rural area and dealer needed sale.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I'm going to also add my .02 here. I have drove every iteration of the 5.0 mustang and even a 900hp whippled version.

I completely understand why anyone basing their opinion off any of the 5.0 models feel ADMs are absurd. No offense to anyone with a 5.0, they are great cars, but even modded, they just aren't special or feel special when driving them.

When you jump in a shelby GT350. You start to understand what a "special" car is. The way it handles, drives, shifts, sounds, and how the car makes you feel and talks back to you as you drive it. The engine, transmission, and suspension of this car really take the mustang to the next level! Taking production numbers into consideration, Is it worth an ADM?... NO. MSRP... if specd exactly how you want... YES!

Then you drive a GT350R. Ok it just got turned up to 11! Now you really are understanding what makes a car "special", plus production numbers are much much lower! Is it worth MSRP?... ALL DAY LONG. Would I pay a small ADM?... if I was a track guru and that was my intended purpose... YES! .... otherwise prob not!

Then you drive the new 500. The way it drives, the engine, the immediacy of the DCT... how the car makes you feel. It's just plain SPECIAL! Similarly special as the 350R but in a different way. A more refined less frantically wanting to rev to 8000 rpm way. Is it worth MSRP.... Absolutely 💯%. Is the base model spec'd how you want it worth a SMALL ADM.... Absolutely 💯%.... CFTP and golden ticket cars....well, I'll leave that up to those with much deeper pockets than myself!

Finally I will add, I was once on the ADMs are for idiots bandwagon! But once you drive a truly "special" car that gives you that "I must have it" feeling and its a limited production vehicle, which in turn makes it very difficult to find one spec'd exactly how you want........ you will understand why people pay ADM's!

Last edited:

Kingkong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE, Hellcat Charger
Well said my friend :clap:

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I'm going to also add my .02 here. I have drove every iteration of the 5.0 mustang and even a 900hp whippled version.

I completely understand why anyone basing their opinion off any of the 5.0 models feel ADMs are absurd. No offense to anyone with a 5.0, they are great cars, but even modded, they just aren't special or feel special when driving them.

When you jump in a shelby GT350. You start to understand what a "special" car is. The way it handles, drives, shifts, sounds, and how the car makes you feel and talks back to you as you drive it. The engine, transmission, and suspension of this car really take the mustang to the next level! Taking production numbers into consideration, Is it worth an ADM?... NO. MSRP... if specd exactly how you want... YES!

Then you drive a GT350R. Ok it just got turned up to 11! Now you really are understanding what makes a car "special", plus production numbers are much much lower! Is it worth MSRP?... ALL DAY LONG. Would I pay a small ADM?... if I was a track guru and that was my intended purpose... YES! .... otherwise prob not!

Then you drive the new 500. The way it drives, the engine, the immediacy of the DCT... how the car makes you feel. It's just plain SPECIAL! Similarly special as the 350R but in a different way. A more refined less frantically wanting to rev to 8000 rpm way. Is it worth MSRP.... Absolutely 💯%. Is the base model spec'd how you want it worth a SMALL ADM.... Absolutely 💯%.... CFTP and golden ticket cars....well, I'll leave that up to those with much deeper pockets than myself!

Finally I will add, I was once on the ADMs are for idiots bandwagon! But once you drive a truly "special" car that gives you that "I must have it" feeling and its a limited production vehicle, which in turn makes it very difficult to find one spec'd exactly how you want........ you will understand why people pay ADM's!
It is not worth any ADM for a leftover 2020 model. The day you purchase it will be considered a 1-yro used vehicle.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
limited production cars are understandable... BMW M2 CS, 911R, etc.... but a base corvette for example... just because you want it right now! nah... pass... not that special or important.... for me, not worthy... but that's the beauty of the free market economy!

some people pay extra to have the car right now, some people hunt for msrp, some people buy used and pay half of what the 1st owner paid... freedom!

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Just for a different perspective:

Most of us here are "average Joes". You know, we work, we save, we buy a car, most of us finance it. Like most people do. We're buying Mustangs, not a McLaren.

And then there's the 1%. Heck, the 1% of the 1%. The ballers. The Internet startup geeks. The Bitcoin early adopters. Elon.

So, in that 1% are the car collectors. These are the guys that you see on Chasing Classic Cars who have a custom-built 27 car garage built on their property with more money invested in the floor treatment of that garage than most of us have in our retirement accounts. These guys decide, for whatever reason, that a GT500 would fit well into their Ford section. And it should be blue, because there are too many red ones in that section.

So, if a dealer has what they want, they'll negotiate that $15K ADM down to $10K and get their car. It's chump change. They'll spend the "savings" on having it shipped in a covered truck driven by 7 naked virgins. No, wait, that's a different fantasy...

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
They wanted 150 for this one

20200923_114706.jpg
Sponsored