GT500 - $10k over msrp

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
Local dealership has been selling CFTPs for $50k+ ADM. And they have definitely been selling. Wife and I took a road trip; MSRP.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Bah. My local dealer (a network, locally owned) has four, all discounted from $500 to over $11,000.

Good luck. Link here.

CORRECTION

Gads, I hate dealers.

Window sticker is $80. Price is $93K, discounted to $82K. It's the new math. LOL

Sorry for the rabbit hole.

I don't pay over MSRP for nuttin.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
IMO and no offense intended towards ANYONE - but paying any ADM over MSRP is just stupid.

Let me put this out there just for some knowledge:
If you bought any Ford Mustang (limited edition or not), paid ANY ADM over MSRP and if that vehicle turned out to be a Lemon and has to go through the Ford Buy Back process - you do not and will not get anything over MSRP back, period.

ADM is a Dealer add on, period. It’s not a Ford line item of cost on the Window Sticker therefore is not recoverable.

—-

Besides, wait about 1 year or even 1.5 and you’ll still be able to buy a brand new “X” for MSRP or under, because for every day that car is sitting in their inventory, the Franchise is getting nailed with interest and having to store it.

Hell, pick it up used after the original Buyer ate the 30%-40% depreciation on a vehicle they just had to have and paid not just MSRP, but the asinine ADM on top of it.

—-

Good example of a LOSS:
2000 Cobra R. People had to have them, they were paying upwards of $75k+ for them, well above the MSRP. We’re now 21 years after production and sales - and those poor saps who paid in excess of MSRP still can’t get close to $75k for a 2000 Cobra R; hell they’re lucky if they can break even at original MSRP in most cases - even though it was “limited” production.

Be freaking smart - don’t pay ADM on a Mustang.

And the modern day Mustangs will never be worth the value of a 60-70’s Classic folks - not even 25 years from today. Shelby GT350 production for the S550 went too many years at such a high volume. GT350R’s may have some clout, but again unless it’s mothballed as it came off the line AND is an extremely low build # AND has some unique or deleted options, that’s where some value may be for future values.

GT500’s are still new, they’re still being built - so it’s not like you can’t get one for MSRP and they’re not “rare”. Put your thinking hat on and search, deals are out there to be had and the guys in the Shelby sub-forums always have leads.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
IMO and no offense intended towards ANYONE - but paying any ADM over MSRP is just stupid.
I said that on another post and everybody jumped on me... and the best line was "if you wanna play, you have to pay" lol

I've seen an extreme version of "pay me extra to sell you a car" and I'm completely against that BS.... There is NOTHING on this planet that will make me pay extra just because I wanna have it right now! no ps5, no car, no phone, nothing.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Besides, wait about 1 year or even 1.5 and you’ll still be able to buy a brand new “X” for MSRP or under, because for every day that car is sitting in their inventory, the Franchise is getting nailed with interest and having to store it.
There are people out there who must just have it now and it doesn't really matter what it costs because I want it now and I don't want to wait and I must be the first and I want it now!

Here's my story:

Years ago, the Corvette Z06 came out (2001) and it was a big hit. The local stealer had one in yellow for what I remember was an MSRP of $65K with $10K ADM, $75K total. Less than two years later, I was at the Acura dealer (literally just walking through, waiting on a service visit for a different brand) and they had a 2001 yellow Z06 sitting there in the used car lot. It had 2K miles on it, still under warranty, $45K.

Apparently the owner needed to send a kid to college, and traded it in.

I bought it. Saved a cool $30K. 2K miles on a garage queen, it was just like new. Patience.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
For that money, you can buy two pretty loaded GT's. That's 920 combined horsepower :crackup:

Yes, the special pricing! Carroll Shelby, and Shelby American have precisely dick to do with these cars. Bring back the SVT Cobra.
Or two Nicely optioned ones like mine for $37K each, and put $20K into making one a GT500 slayer.

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Bah. My local dealer (a network, locally owned) has four, all discounted from $500 to over $11,000.

Good luck. Link here.

CORRECTION

Gads, I hate dealers.

Window sticker is $80. Price is $93K, discounted to $82K. It's the new math. LOL

Sorry for the rabbit hole.

I don't pay over MSRP for nuttin.
I Went there last year to try and buy a GT Premium and looked at a GT350 and they wouldn't budge $1 on their ADM. That silver GT500 they have listed now must be getting to their limit because it's only 2K over MSRP. A deal could probably be made there at MSRP.

It is a nice dealership though, I ate at the restaurant and checked out the classics and drove to Wake Forest looked their too.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
MSRP deals are beginning to become common, slowly but surely.

I'm in the market, but plan to wait for a '22. However, as more time passes, I'm having more trouble justifying the huge delta over my paid off '15. And now there are other cars on the list....

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
MSRP deals are beginning to become common, slowly but surely.

I'm in the market, but plan to wait for a '22. However, as more time passes, I'm having more trouble justifying the huge delta over my paid off '15. And now there are other cars on the list....
Yes, and this is the only starting point that dealers want to begin negotiations with now. It's the new norm for all dealers across the board, go price a new truck and if your not buying a year end MY, your getting a couple grand off MSRP at most.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It was almost a year ago that I began my telephone assault on dealers in a two-state radius, all wanted an ADM then. Covid then hit along with everything that went with it, so the plan went on the back burner.

I periodically check auto trader websites, and if there's an ADM stated I won't bother to contact them. Simple as that.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I got my M2C because I wont pay a Ford dealer 1 fkn cent of ADM. I was looking to order a Mach 1, got told its a "Special" car that will have ADM. Eat an entire bag of D%^&s

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I got my M2C because I wont pay a Ford dealer 1 fkn cent of ADM. I was looking to order a Mach 1, got told its a "Special" car that will have ADM. Eat an entire bag of D%^&s
Glad to see that you're not bitter and hold no animosity toward the dealer.

LOL :crackup:

At one point, M2s were selling hard at MSRP, and some areas may have commanded ADM.

I remember buying a Z3 back in the day, and my salesman was stoked because he had just sold a Z8 for $25K over sticker. I asked him "do you include a tube of K-Y with that deal?"

He was not amused. I thought I was hilarious.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The suppose the ADM does help you any on resale :)

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I'll buy my next "Cobra" when they go back to the Mustang Cobra SVT. LOL

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Glad to see that you're not bitter and hold no animosity toward the dealer.

LOL :crackup:

At one point, M2s were selling hard at MSRP, and some areas may have commanded ADM.

I remember buying a Z3 back in the day, and my salesman was stoked because he had just sold a Z8 for $25K over sticker. I asked him "do you include a tube of K-Y with that deal?"

He was not amused. I thought I was hilarious.
Yeah ADM gets me spun up. I cant wrap my head around why anyone would pay it. If people didn't the dealers would have to stop trying to get it.

I cant believe people would pay 5-15-25k ADM

People spent that on a 50th LE just to be first to have one? You can buy them used all over the place. The depreciation must be an insane hit. Same with the Bullit. They have them on lots all over because they sat. Its just something I cant figure out.
Sponsored