Sponsored

GT350R VS ZL1 1LE On Track

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The Camaro has a higher ATP though so all the other numbers don't matter. Ford is paying retail prices for every single carbon rim!
Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The GT350R is faster than the ZL1, therefore the GT350R is faster than the Ford GT.
Yup! Ford should bump the msrp price of the GT350R to multi six figures asap because its a supercar. Who would have thought that :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Call me just impressed with the Chevy offering better all around performance for less money (actual sale prices) compared to the competition. It also bugs me that people are ok with it. I feel like if Ford guys like you keep believing that their cars are better or good enough, then Ford is not going to act on it.
People want to buy the Ford and many are willing to pay over MSRP. For the Chevy, very few people want to buy one, so those that do get good deals.

You might not enjoy the car as much, but you will have paid less and you can brag about it being a few seconds faster with a theoretical pro driver.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
People want to buy the Ford and many are willing to pay over MSRP. For the Chevy, very few people want to buy one, so those that do get good deals.

You might not enjoy the car as much, but you will have paid less and you can brag about it being a few seconds faster with a theoretical pro driver.
It is the dumb Ford fanbois who are buying the car for over MSRP. Camaro buyers are better educated and would never be fooled like that.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I have no dog in this fight since I don't own either.. I'm a bit biased since I prefer Mustang over any Camaro but the ZL1-1LE is no joke on the twisties. That 7:16 at the ring, just 3 seconds slower than it's big brother Z06 is stupid impressive.

Would I take a ZL1 1LE over a GT350? Hell no.. Just don't like the looks (from the rear angle) of the Camaro and to me it'll always be a poor mans Vette. But I will never deny that it's an impressive car for the tracks. Is it in a different league vs the GT350R? Hmmm... They are direct competitors, similar MSRPs so technically it's in the same league. The Vettes, Vipers, GTRs, Porches is what I'll consider a different league.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
We all know these cars are in a totally different league in terms of performance, however, driver factor is the most important variable especially in the road coarse racing. This reminds me i believe it was Top Gear way back in the day, pro driver with a family sedan lapping faster than amateurs in a race car!
Not really. Depending on the track, the GT350R should hang right with the ZL1 LE. On bigger tracks, not so much

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not really. Depending on the track, the GT350R should hang right with the ZL1 LE. On bigger tracks, not so much
In which world and track? A small Miata sized autocross parking lot track? Links to tracks where the GT350R is anywhere within comparable times?

No bias.. just facts

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
In which world and track? A small Miata sized autocross parking lot track? Links to tracks where the GT350R is anywhere within comparable times?

No bias.. just facts
Gingerman. Black Hawk Farms, Autobahn ect ect ect

As the size of the track gets smaller, the advantage of horsepower diminishes

No Bias, Just Fact

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
Gingerman. Black Hawk Farms, Autobahn ect ect ect

As the size of the track gets smaller, the advantage of horsepower diminishes

No Bias, Just Fact
You are just looking for excuses to take hp and torque out of the equation by making the tracks small as possible. It still wouldn’t work. GT350R puts 1.08 G with 23.1seconds Figure 8 time while ZL1 1LE puts 1.11 G with 22 seconds range. Your small track theory is out the window. Come back with another excuse. Not to mention the ZL1 1LE is around 200 lbs more heavy but also has 3 more gallons of fuel capacity. Checkmate!!!

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
You are just looking for excuses to take hp and torque out of the equation by making the tracks small as possible. It still wouldn’t work. GT350R puts 1.08 G with 23.1seconds Figure 8 time while ZL1 1LE puts 1.11 G with 22 seconds range. Your small track theory is out the window. Come back with another excuse. Not to mention the ZL1 1LE is around 200 lbs more heavy but also has 3 more gallons of fuel capacity. Checkmate!!!
I dont need excuses. The Z28 Camaro was tested against the 13/14 GT500 at Gingerman and was quicker despite a huge horsepower disadvantage. On Road America, The GT500 destroyed the Z28. It has nothing to do with brand. Then of course, you add the diver

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
I dont need excuses. The Z28 Camaro was tested against the 13/14 GT500 at Gingerman and was quicker despite a huge horsepower disadvantage. On Road America, The GT500 destroyed the Z28. It has nothing to do with brand. Then of course, you add the diver
Actually you don’t need an excuse because you can’t have any, you are out of options. A heavier but better balanced car is faster in every way imaginable and you are giving some weird non-correlated examples.

Driver by the way is the main part of the equation since you mention that last in your sentence. That goes for all cars. A better driver in a slower car can infact put better times. That is not the point. The point is if you put the same driver in both cars which car puts better times. That is the only way you can compare cars, not drivers.

I feel bad for the GT350’s, a regular GTPP with 10 speed auto is faster in a straight line and a cheaper Camaro SS 1le can hang with them on the track. But hey, at least GT350R partially full filled its duty by beating the old gen Z28 around 1 or 2 tracks. That was still an accomplishment.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Actually you don’t need an excuse because you can’t have any, you are out of options. A heavier but better balanced car is faster in every way imaginable and you are giving some weird non-correlated examples.

Driver by the way is the main part of the equation since you mention that last in your sentence. That goes for all cars. A better driver in a slower car can infact put better times. That is not the point. The point is if you put the same driver in both cars which car puts better times. That is the only way you can compare cars, not drivers.

I feel bad for the GT350’s, a regular GTPP with 10 speed auto is faster in a straight line and a cheaper Camaro SS 1le can hang with them on the track. But hey, at least GT350R partially full filled its duty by beating the old gen Z28 around 1 or 2 tracks. That was still an accomplishment.
Yea, we are done here. You are obviously a GT350 hater. I get that. Anyone with a brain cell can see a nose heavy car will not out out corner a lighter car under the same circumstanses. Its called physics. Hate on sir!

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
Yea, we are done here. You are obviously a GT350 hater. I get that. Anyone with a brain cell can see a nose heavy car will not out out corner a lighter car under the same circumstanses. Its called physics. Hate on sir!
Well i m giving you the hard numbers, what the car actually does and tested data, you are coming back with your opinions. Opinions doesn’t matter when something is proven and the facts are crystal clear. And you don’t have to explain physics cause i am a licensed professional engineer.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
In what world did a gt500 destroy a z28 on a track? Please show some proof as inquiring minds would like to know.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Great driving man! Love those down shift. I would love to see you behind the seat of the GT500 that zl1 wont be able to compare power to weight ratio
Sponsored