Sponsored

GT350R VS ZL1 1LE On Track

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So, according to YouTube viseos: GT350 is faster than ZL1 1LE, ZL1 1LE is faster than ZL1, ZL1 is faster than Ford GT. So: GT350 is faster than Ford GT.

You heard it here first.
Lol

Someone’s bootyhurt.

Nice imaginative scenario though. Definitely have some creative gifting.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Lol

Someone’s bootyhurt.

Nice imaginative scenario though. Definitely have some creative gifting.
LOL they are joking about the Ford GT video where the GT had a novice driver and the ZL1 was able to keep up with it. Per C6G the non-1LE ZL1 was faster than the Ford GT.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
LOL they are joking about the Ford GT video where the GT had a novice driver and the ZL1 was able to keep up with it. Per C6G the non-1LE ZL1 was faster than the Ford GT.
Thankfully some people "get it". :clap:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
We all know these cars are in a totally different league in terms of performance, however, driver factor is the most important variable especially in the road coarse racing. This reminds me i believe it was Top Gear way back in the day, pro driver with a family sedan lapping faster than amateurs in a race car!

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
We all know these cars are in a totally different league in terms of performance, however, driver factor is the most important variable especially in the road coarse racing. This reminds me i believe it was Top Gear way back in the day, pro driver with a family sedan lapping faster than amateurs in a race car!
Different leagues in terms of straight line, sure. Boost will do that.

Around corners, not so different.

Boost the R and it’s over for the ZL1 1LE.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The GT350R wins most comparisons between the two, but not by a lot. I wouldn't say they are in different leagues - the R is only slightly better.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I thought that ZL1 was just gonna leave your ass for dead on the straights. I'm very surprised. Unless he wasn't going full beans...?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I thought that ZL1 was just gonna leave your ass for dead on the straights. I'm very surprised. Unless he wasn't going full beans...?
I think supercharged engines get warm and don't deliver full power after a while on track. Plus if you take a better line through the corners you will be traveling faster when you exit the corner. That essentially gives the better driver a head start on the straights.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Nice driving.

Let's be honest though, that ZL1 1LE driver left something to be desired.

I had a few in my 15 GT PP on slicks with a 991 GT3 and a couple 991 GT3RS's. Fun stuff. If you ever come to Mid Ohio send me a message.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nice driving.

Let's be honest though, that ZL1 1LE driver left something to be desired.

I had a few in my 15 GT PP on slicks with a 991 GT3 and a couple 991 GT3RS's. Fun stuff. If you ever come to Mid Ohio send me a message.
Wow, what was your setup?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wow, what was your setup?
The point wasn't that the car was faster, just that I was able to pilot my car faster than they could theirs.

2015 GT PP, BMR CB005, Steeda RLCA bearing, FP toe bearing, BMR camber bolts, BMR handling springs, FTBR cooling ducts, upgraded pads, 18x10 Pirelli DH used racing take offs. Cliffs, just basic suspension, brakes and slicks.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Understood, as per the thread, just curious....

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
You guys are in really bad denial! If the GT350R driver drives the ZL1 1LE and GT350R back to back he can tell you how big the gap is between these two cars! Its not just straight line either.

Rodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Comparing cars at a trackday with two different drivers isn't very useful. Beyond the obvious difference in skill level, there's the question of commitment... you have no idea whether the other car was even trying for a max effort lap.

How 'bout the same (Pro) driver on the same day (skip to 17:05 for lap comparison) for GT350R v. ZL1:

TLDR: the ZL1 was .4 sec faster around Willow Springs... and it was not a 1LE. The 1LE was over 4 seconds quicker than the non 1LE around VIR, and the GT350R was slower than both, so make your own conclusions regarding the 1LE v. GT350R.

The truth is both are fantastic cars, and we should rejoice that they are available to us from the dealer, and with factory warranties!
Sponsored