Sponsored

GT350R Stripe Re-Do

xplotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I purchased this car with 250 miles where it was part of a collection for 1 year to the date of sale. The previous owner(super cool guy, 81 YO former Marine Aviator) had put side stripes, which I think were perfect, almost. Essentially as he owned one of the original 1965 R models, he did the same stripe.

As posted by Matt Farah and other, I feel like it isn't quite right with the modern car and emblem above it. I wanted to update the text so that it honored the past without stealing/stepping on it.

I tried doing a double line version just the same as the emblem but that looked busy and confusing. Instead took the font and did a custom single line version.

Thoughts?

Old

SideStripeOld-1600.jpg

New

SideStripeNew-1600.jpg

SideStripeNew-1600-2.jpg
Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Different

I like it !

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Man, this side emblem vs side stripe ordeal has really taken off. Lol.

Having a HEP R, it’s kinda tough for me to acclimate to the GT350 badge and then the GT350R stripe under. The font design looks okay, but for me, I’m starting to see the stripes vs badge now as cluttered.

when I first saw the HEP I felt the inconsistencies btw the stripe and the badge were a deal breaker for me, but the color scheme of the HEP was just too gorgeous for me to pass up.

That being said, I have a solution in the works to reduce the “clutter” of the side badging/striping that I think pays some homage to Carroll Shelby and the “Ford v Ferrari” movie. I can’t wait till it’s done, which will be about another week or two... but when I get it done, I will post the whole changes for everyone to see and draw their own conclusions.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I purchased this car with 250 miles where it was part of a collection for 1 year to the date of sale. The previous owner(super cool guy, 81 YO former Marine Aviator) had put side stripes, which I think were perfect, almost. Essentially as he owned one of the original 1965 R models, he did the same stripe.

As posted by Matt Farah and other, I feel like it isn't quite right with the modern car and emblem above it. I wanted to update the text so that it honored the past without stealing/stepping on it.

I tried doing a double line version just the same as the emblem but that looked busy and confusing. Instead took the font and did a custom single line version.

Thoughts?

Old

SideStripeOld-1600.jpg

New

SideStripeNew-1600.jpg

SideStripeNew-1600-2.jpg
To be honest they both look great, but the new one looks really good.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

Thoughts?

Old

SideStripeOld-1600.jpg

New

SideStripeNew-1600.jpg

SideStripeNew-1600-2.jpg
like the stripes. Well done. Loose the Emblem on the side IMHO

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Man, this side emblem vs side stripe ordeal has really taken off. Lol.

Having a HEP R, it’s kinda tough for me to acclimate to the GT350 badge and then the GT350R stripe under. The font design looks okay, but for me, I’m starting to see the stripes vs badge now as cluttered.

when I first saw the HEP I felt the inconsistencies btw the stripe and the badge were a deal breaker for me, but the color scheme of the HEP was just too gorgeous for me to pass up.

That being said, I have a solution in the works to reduce the “clutter” of the side badging/striping that I think pays some homage to Carroll Shelby and the “Ford v Ferrari” movie. I can’t wait till it’s done, which will be about another week or two... but when I get it done, I will post the whole changes for everyone to see and draw their own conclusions.
Pretty much echoed what I thought, when I first saw the HEP lower stripe.

It just feels redundant with the 3D badge lettering, right above so close - so, if I had one, my own preference would be either one or the other.

However, in addition to your suggestion, I really like the idea of just continuing the mid-portion of the stipe (the thicker part) and make that bleed into the fender, from the door, thus taking up the space for what would have been "GT350R."

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
For me it's ether way, look good. I have my "GT350" done on the rear.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Like the new. I think it would look good on the HEP R's versus what is on there now.

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I feel like one badging per side is more than enough. There's two in the front already with the badge and splitter lettering. Just too much IMO

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I like the new design !!!!
Sponsored