GT350R Squeaking noise from rear

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
I have a 2017 GT350R. Recently I’ve been hearing loud squeaking coming from the rear. Maybe the driver side rear wheel. It seems to only occur when the car is first moving. Once it’s warmed up, maybe 5 minutes of driving, it seems to go away. I thought a stone might have been stuck somewhere but I don’t think its that since the sound goes away. Anyone else have anything similar?

thanks!
Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 GT350R. Recently I’ve been hearing loud squeaking coming from the rear. Maybe the driver side rear wheel. It seems to only occur when the car is first moving. Once it’s warmed up, maybe 5 minutes of driving, it seems to go away. I thought a stone might have been stuck somewhere but I don’t think its that since the sound goes away. Anyone else have anything similar?

thanks!
Just a thought? Maybe when you first drive the car a rock that’s Rubbing a cut in the wheels rotor , makes a noise until it gets heated and or get clearance?when you drive it again it starts out cold and makes a noise Again after it resettled? did you try backing up or checking for rocks? I would pull the wheel and look for scrapes and anything hot in the caliper to the rotor.

OP
OP

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
I looked at the wheel and rotor but nothing looked out of ordinary. I didn’t see any scratches or scraps. Ill pull the wheel to see if i see anything with it off.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Check your exhaust hangers. I've had two break.
Sponsored