Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
So the front GT350R's fit? Let me know what you think of the combo with the 85's. I might just end up doing the front space like BMR suggested, but having that extra travel is always nice.
I think the challenge is finding a good shock combo with these stiff springs. The Konis seem too stiff on compression from what I'm reading....
Don't take my word for it, [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] has posted about the fronts a number of times here and I've asked him a number of times about this choice.

Just got the 85's still waiting for my dampers and R fronts from Autonation. I should be doing the install by next weekend or so.

There are way less options for dampers than for springs, for stiffer springs, there's koni, steeda, and FR. The bad part of this is that there's not much info on them (dyno charts) apart from user feedback.

I have my own theory on how the koni works, after all the math and stuff, the advantage is a super quick recovery at the expense of ride quality.

Like [MENTION=10530]MustangCollector[/MENTION] mentioned, there is always the safe choice for us minimum drop, the 89/82, which tons of folks have tried with good feedback.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Don't take my word for it, [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] has posted about the fronts a number of times here and I've asked him a number of times about this choice.

Just got the 85's still waiting for my dampers and R fronts from Autonation. I should be doing the install by next weekend or so.

There are way less options for dampers than for springs, for stiffer springs, there's koni, steeda, and FR. The bad part of this is that there's not much info on them (dyno charts) apart from user feedback.

I have my own theory on how the koni works, after all the math and stuff, the advantage is a super quick recovery at the expense of ride quality.

Like [MENTION=10530]MustangCollector[/MENTION] mentioned, there is always the safe choice for us minimum drop, the 89/82, which tons of folks have tried with good feedback.
Yeah the fronts fit. The spring seats aren't different, and they use the same top mounts as the PP.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If anybody is interested here are the part #'s for base GT350 springs:

Front spring
FR3Z-5310-K, same part for both sides

Rear Spring
FR3Z-5560-S Left
FR3Z-5560-N Right
FR3Z-5586-C Left upper spring mount
FR3Z-5586-B Right upper spring mount

The lower spring seat is the same as the GT

I am going to pair base GT350 springs with steeda pro action shocks I just have not been able do it yet. I feel like the R springs would be too stiff for daily driving.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
so to recap.

2 of the FR3Z-5310-K springs @ 23.24 each
2 of the FR3Z-5560-S springs @ 63.50 each
1 of the FR3Z-5586-C mounts @ 5.82
1 of the FR3Z-5586-B mounts @ 5.78
Total for better handling with close to stock ride height $184.04 (prices from Ford Parts Giant)

Thats cheap compared to aftermarket springs

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
so to recap.

2 of the FR3Z-5310-K springs @ 23.24 each
2 of the FR3Z-5560-S springs @ 63.50 each
1 of the FR3Z-5586-C mounts @ 5.82
1 of the FR3Z-5586-B mounts @ 5.78
Total for better handling with close to stock ride height $184.04 (prices from Ford Parts Giant)

Thats cheap compared to aftermarket springs
You'll need better dampers to handle those springs, though. If you want to reuse the PP dampers the SP089 (min drop front) and SP082 (perf. rear) from BMR are a good bet with minimal lowering. That or the SP088 rear.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
You'll need better dampers to handle those springs, though. If you want to reuse the PP dampers the SP089 (min drop front) and SP082 (perf. rear) from BMR are a good bet with minimal lowering. That or the SP088 rear.
I have the Steeda non adjustable dampers. They should work ok right?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda non adjustable dampers. They should work ok right?
Probably on the edge, but they have more rebound control than the stock PP dampers so you might be just fine. If you go for it, I will be very interested in what you find.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Probably on the edge, but they have more rebound control than the stock PP dampers so you might be just fine. If you go for it, I will be very interested in what you find.
Maybe I missed it but what shocks/struts are best for this? I'm taking a single adjustable is what folks usually get but I'm wondering if it is overkill.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I missed it but what shocks/struts are best for this? I'm taking a single adjustable is what folks usually get but I'm wondering if it is overkill.
Any of the adjustable options would likely be a good match. The GT350 monotube front struts certainly would be well matched, but the issue is finding a rear. The Viking warriors might be good as they are double adjustable and have a wide range. Otherwise, I'd think the Steeda Pro-Action adjustables would be a good option as they have a wider adjustment range than the Koni and, IIRC, a bit softer compression damping. The FRPP track handling dampers would probably work well too.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If Steeda will come out with their front spring spacers....

You can use the SP084 Front springs and the SP088 Rear Springs.

Dont let the SP088 "Drag" fool ya. They are 800lb/in and I have a ton of guys road coursing and DD with them on the PP shocks. Matter of fact, with those springs and the bumpstops trimmed....that "bounce" you hear about, is pretty much gone. :ford:
What about this idea, SP089 and SP088 on PP dampers? The difference between PP and that would be about the same difference as between stock GT and PP. Would this cause too much oversteer?

GT: 160 / 668
GT PP: 165/728
BMR 89 & 88: 170/800

I don't drive my GT PP every day but I bring it out on weekends and do 2 to 3 track days a year. I'm just trying to find that impossible compromise between fun on the track and keeping my wife from complaining about a harsh ride.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What about this idea, SP089 and SP088 on PP dampers? The difference between PP and that would be about the same difference as between stock GT and PP. Would this cause too much oversteer?

GT: 160 / 668
GT PP: 165/728
BMR 89 & 88: 170/800

I don't drive my GT PP every day but I bring it out on weekends and do 2 to 3 track days a year. I'm just trying to find that impossible compromise between fun on the track and keeping my wife from complaining about a harsh ride.
Quoting Kelly, but he said he loves the 89/88 combo on PP dampers.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have tried all the shocks and struts for this car and I really love the FRPP track pack front struts.

I should of fully installed the 350 struts and drove it to compare it with others. just compressing the gt350 struts they were about the same as pp maybe little better compression very small amount. The rebound felt the same but the shaft is longer on the 350.

FRPP front struts definatly have more compression and rebound compare to the Shelby and pp and Also a longer shaft just like the Shelby.

Edit,

I have never tried the Viking shocks. But from the adjustment point Viking double adjustable shocks and front FRPP,struts should be a good setup.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 front monotubes most definitely have higher compression and rebound damping than the PP to handle the quite a bit higher spring rates of the Shelby. By hand you're not going to be able to feel it unless you're the Hulk and can get the shaft moving at 2"+ per second.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The GT350 front monotubes most definitely have higher compression and rebound damping than the PP to handle the quite a bit higher spring rates of the Shelby. By hand you're not going to be able to feel it unless you're the Hulk and can get the shaft moving at 2"+ per second.
true but i still think FRPP struts have better compression and rebound.
Sponsored