Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so now that I finally got some real wheels and tires on this bad boy, all I can say about this suspension setup is WOW. Laser-sharp response, stays flat when you push it and communicates what's going on with the tires so well. It feels like a sports car now, and also feels 80% its size.

350R/SP085 and fixed valve Pro-Actions FTW!
Sponsored

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
Ok, so now that I finally got some real wheels and tires on this bad boy, all I can say about this suspension setup is WOW. Laser-sharp response, stays flat when you push it and communicates what's going on with the tires so well. It feels like a sports car now, and also feels 80% its size.

When your friend at Ford informed you about the 10-12mm for the rear drop, was that total drop or in relation to the front drop ie the rear should be higher than the front by 10-12mm no less.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When your friend at Ford informed you about the 10-12mm for the rear drop, was that total drop or in relation to the front drop ie the rear should be higher than the front by 10-12mm no less.
Total drop. GT350 springs drop the car about 10 mm front and rear. GT350R fronts go another 9 mm to just about 3/4" total drop.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

Good to hear. My 2nd 350R rear spring finally arrived so I hoping to do the install in the next 2 weeks. I'm going to run 350R front and rear with Koni Sports and BMR Lockout. Next I need some better wheels/tires.

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
Total drop. GT350 springs drop the car about 10 mm front and rear. GT350R fronts go another 9 mm to just about 3/4" total drop.
Thank You
This here is some of the most important info in the forum, I have an ecoboost so these springs are a bit to stiff for me , but the height is what I will set up for no matter what springs I use.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear. My 2nd 350R rear spring finally arrived so I hoping to do the install in the next 2 weeks. I'm going to run 350R front and rear with Koni Sports and BMR Lockout. Next I need some better wheels/tires.
Grab the billet mounts. It really tones down the harshness at the back and lets the shocks work.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I have the Steeda Schock mounts, BMR CB005, Ford Racing Toe Bearings, GT350R Sway Bar, BMR Vertical Links, Steeda Pro Action Non Adjustable shocks, Steeda Alignment dowels, and Steeda Camber adjustment kit but I have to say I think the Pro action Non adjustable shocks are a little under valved for these springs in the rear. I am getting a lot of bounciness through corners unless it is a glass smooth surface. I am wondering if the BMR SP082 or SP088 would be a better match for the shocks. Now that I have limited rubber in the rear it pushes more work onto the shock and may be over doing it a bit. Either that or without all the flexing from the rubber it is jsut too much spring for truly good street handling. I feel almost like a slammed Ricer running around.

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Ok, so now that I finally got some real wheels and tires on this bad boy, all I can say about this suspension setup is WOW. ...
What tires did you go with? As I mentioned earlier, I'm 285/35-19 all the way around. I'll tell you my tire choice if you promise not to laugh!

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was weak,
Firestone FIREHAWK INDY 500, ultrahigh perf, 340 treadwear.

I have quite an aggressive suspension setup, with middle of the road tires. After 15+ years of tracking I've decided "track" tires just kill the fun. I like to slide around, and i just don't have the money to replace Cup 2s every 2nd track day.

I freely admit these tires could be a mistake. On OE rubber and dirty cold roads my car spins up at 5000 rpm in 3rd! But, I spent my money and now I have to live with my choice, so let's see what happens.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That was weak,
Firestone FIREHAWK INDY 500, ultrahigh perf, 340 treadwear.

I have quite an aggressive suspension setup, with middle of the road tires. After 15+ years of tracking I've decided "track" tires just kill the fun. I like to slide around, and i just don't have the money to replace Cup 2s every 2nd track day.

I freely admit these tires could be a mistake. On OE rubber and dirty cold roads my car spins up at 5000 rpm in 3rd! But, I spent my money and now I have to live with my choice, so let's see what happens.
I'm planning on that exact tire once these are done. Excellent value and a very competent tire. I think you'll be very happy.

I am on 255/40R19 Sumitomo HTR ZIII, they came with the wheels. Pretty good tire, similar to the indy 500 in that it punches above its weight and price quite a bit.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda Schock mounts, BMR CB005, Ford Racing Toe Bearings, GT350R Sway Bar, BMR Vertical Links, Steeda Pro Action Non Adjustable shocks, Steeda Alignment dowels, and Steeda Camber adjustment kit but I have to say I think the Pro action Non adjustable shocks are a little under valved for these springs in the rear. I am getting a lot of bounciness through corners unless it is a glass smooth surface. I am wondering if the BMR SP082 or SP088 would be a better match for the shocks. Now that I have limited rubber in the rear it pushes more work onto the shock and may be over doing it a bit. Either that or without all the flexing from the rubber it is jsut too much spring for truly good street handling. I feel almost like a slammed Ricer running around.
Do you have R rears or BMR SP085? If you go softer you'll want to do similar in the front. I honestly felt similar about my setup until I put the shock mounts on. Now it feels firm but still compliant on all but big bumps. Are your rear bumpstops trimmed enough?

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm planning on that exact tire once these are done. Excellent value and a very competent tire. I think you'll be very happy.

I am on 255/40R19 Sumitomo HTR ZIII, they came with the wheels. Pretty good tire, similar to the indy 500 in that it punches above its weight and price quite a bit.
Cool, thanks! I used Sumitomo on an Acura a while back, and they still stand out as the best rain tire I've tried. It was a long time ago though.

I have 2 sets of wheels; the other is 19x9 with 255/40s. You put 255s on 9.5" rims, was that to stretch them a bit?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Do you have R rears or BMR SP085? If you go softer you'll want to do similar in the front. I honestly felt similar about my setup until I put the shock mounts on. Now it feels firm but still compliant on all but big bumps. Are your rear bumpstops trimmed enough?
I have 350R all the way around right now. I trimmed an entire ring off the bump stop.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, thanks! I used Sumitomo on an Acura a while back, and they still stand out as the best rain tire I've tried. It was a long time ago though.

I have 2 sets of wheels; the other is 19x9 with 255/40s. You put 255s on 9.5" rims, was that to stretch them a bit?
They were already on the wheels. I'd have chosen at least a 275 on these but it'll work for now. My stock wheels will be my winter wheels now.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have 250R all the way around right now. I trimmed an entire ring off the bump stop.
Need to go more than that. You need to trim at least 5/8". This car uses its bumpstops a lot in stock form. It helps with the bouncy feeling if you trim more than you lowered.
Sponsored