GT350R market used price

300blackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
AMG GTS
People have had much better success getting new ones around $5k over and a few at MSRP. If I didn't have an R and was looking - and only had two options. Used one for X or new one for $5k-$6k more...I'd be tempted to the new one.

I'm loosely trying to sell mine now. I have to wonder if just waiting would be the way to go. The GT500 will be launched - it's still an S550. It will be fast as hell, I'm sure but will it have the same "drivers car" excitement that then 350 has? If people start reporting that it's fast but numb...and magazines do the same - the GT350, especially the R could be the next 997 GT3 (before the current GT3 went back to manual)...and climb a bit in price.
If Ford figured out how to make the gt350/r handle with great steering feedback, the GT500 can only be the same or better imo
Sponsored

LateBrakeU2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST DD, 350R, 15 Z/28
I think I am asking a fair price especially with a spare set of wheels already mounted. Strange as no one has even inquired. It seems none of the Rs on the for sale thread have received any action even though most are priced higher than mine.
This place( like any car enthusiast forum) caters to bottom feeders( i mean that in a kind way) as folks on here are very aware of the changing market on them. Part of the country you are located is a factor for sure,and people have to throw shipping on top. i would put it on Autotrader, you need someone who makes enough money to not have to play the game with dealers or spend countless hours scouring the countryside for a deal, and lastly is not a forum member:) I've had mine on here for two months and crickets, now going to go Autotrader which i've never not been able to sell many cars on over the years. My .02 only

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
If Ford figured out how to make the gt350/r handle with great steering feedback, the GT500 can only be the same or better imo
It'll be a supercharged engine. Supercharged engines don't make for good track cars. Heat soak and stuff. Even the mighty Z06 has had problems. So it will be a super fun car I'm sure but won't be the same or better for track duty, for sure, and it won't sound as awesome as an aspirated flat crank.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That would be nice but we will have to see. Things like supercharging and potentially adding some weight to a car (hope not) and DCT only tend to change the characteristics of a car. Also, the 991 gt3 was awesome for sure but why was the 997 selling for so much more?

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
I think the market will improve when they go out of production, once there gone they will be gone forever! I doubt if you will ever see another naturally aspirated engine like this again with all of the needs to reduce emissions along with as some say a limited market!

Also even if the R is made 1 more year the total production for all years is still really low I think around 3000 units.

Regardless of how good the 500 will be it still will not be as special as the R even if its better in every way. It wont be a flat plane crank and it will have boost and it will whine and it will be heavier!

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Still looking for a 17 in Grabber Blue ;)

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Went to 3 dealers and talked trade on my R 3 different manufactures. None got close to $60k, one offered $50k.
Does the car have something else going on with it, do they know you have the carbon wheels. Something weird going on with numbers like that. I’m curious, what manufacturers?

I know for a fact I can take mine to the dealer I bought it from and they would give me exactly what I paid for it a year later, because they can get more for it in another market where they have dealerships. Local Porsche dealer, same thing. Call a Texas dealer if you’re looking to trade.
Sponsored