Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Itā€™s all goodā€¦ if we all had the same taste in cars, we would all be driving a Ford Performance Blue GT350 with white stripes.
And boy would we all look GOODā€¦!!!!!!
It doesnā€™t get any better than FPB/Wā€¦ but I may be biased..

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
This has been my concern with this post, but if the OP is just doing this for street effect then he wonā€™t have to worry about performance.
Yup. Buy a car geared towards performance, then reduce performance and function for looks. The car then ends up being closer in performance to comparable and cheaper cars. People are stupid is the conclusion and it can drive you nuts. At least Steeda and the owner will be happy and that's really all that matters.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yup. Buy a car geared towards performance, then reduce performance and function for looks. The car then ends up being closer in performance to comparable and cheaper cars. People are stupid is the conclusion and it can drive you nuts. At least Steeda and the owner will be happy and that's really all that matters.
Itā€™s his dough, and his choice. I canā€™t say itā€™s a stupid choice, but one that he is willing to do. Do you know if the steeda springs Will stupidify the performance of the R?.. I donā€™t.

My concerns are the actual mechanical properties of the spring. When I reviewed springs I settled on the BMRs as my choice. I didnā€™t want a progressive spring. Iā€™m not sure if the steeda is a progressive spring or not, but should it be, I would not want that one personally for myself.

Another concern I have with lowering the R, especially if he has the factory camber plates installed, is the lower height of the car requiring more angle than the stock units can provide, should he decide to track the car.

Sponsored

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
Itā€™s his dough, and his choice. I canā€™t say itā€™s a stupid choice, but one that he is willing to do. Do you know if the steeda springs Will stupidify the performance of the R?.. I donā€™t.

My concerns are the actual mechanical properties of the spring. When I reviewed springs I settled on the BMRs as my choice. I didnā€™t want a progressive spring. Iā€™m not sure if the steeda is a progressive spring or not, but should it be, I would not want that one personally for myself.

Another concern I have with lowering the R, especially if he has the factory camber plates installed, is the lower height of the car requiring more angle than the stock units can provide, should he decide to track the car.
That's true I can't quantify if the Steeda springs will represent a performance variance or not. My comment was more centered around the priority of OP for aesthetics. Logic would dictate the wrong car was purchased but like you said, all that matters is what OP wants.

On the other hand, I appreciate your thought process on your decision. It makes the robot in me happy.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Where do you get the conclusion adding a set of performance springs diminishes the performance? The byproduct of using them is a slightly lowered ride height. My reg 350 has Bmrā€™s and it handles better then stock. It came down about 3/4ā€. My R is getting the Ford performance springs and that car will rarely be driven on the street. About the same drop for the Ford spring.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Getting Fords recommended settings isnā€™t an issue for street or track With the adjustable camber plates. I did add the camber bolts for good measure though.

OP
OP
doublea

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R - Triple Yellow
How about all those pictures of an R with Steeda springs? :like:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It seems pretty much all the manufacturers are in that 7/8ā€ range for springs for the 350. There are pics out there with the R on springs. I donā€™t think the manufacturer will make much difference as far as seeing the aesthetics. I will say the Steeda springs I put on my 16 vert did drop the car a tad more then what they advertised. That was a completely different set though. Just an fyi.

How about all those pictures of an R with Steeda springs? :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
doublea

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems pretty much all the manufacturers are in that 7/8ā€ range for springs for the 350. There are pics out there with the R on springs. I donā€™t think the manufacturer will make much difference as far as seeing the aesthetics. I will say the Steeda springs I put on my 16 vert did drop the car a tad more then what they advertised. That was a completely different set though. Just an fyi.
I ordered them up. It's a fairly simple mod so if I get them on and don't like them it'll be easy to switch to FP or even back to stock.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t have any complaints with there product. There service is always top notch as well, atleast it has been for me. I like you want the car down just a bit to close that gap but Iā€™m not willing to lose the performance. Itā€™s a misconception about springs and lowering with regard to what you want to accomplish or myself. You can have both if thatā€™s what your after. Be curious to see your pics when your done. Iā€™ll post mine when I do the FP springs in a couple weeks As well.

I ordered them up. It's a fairly simple mod so if I get them on and don't like them it'll be easy to switch to FP or even back to stock.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Those of us in So Calā€¦.
Eibach is up and running again with their installs.
Iā€™m a little biased though, my son works for Eibach.

OP
OP
doublea

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t have any complaints with there product. There service is always top notch as well, atleast it has been for me. I like you want the car down just a bit to close that gap but Iā€™m not willing to lose the performance. Itā€™s a misconception about springs and lowering with regard to what you want to accomplish or myself. You can have both if thatā€™s what your after. Be curious to see your pics when your done. Iā€™ll post mine when I do the FP springs in a couple weeks As well.
Cool, look forward to seeing it!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
One must bear in mind that once you alter the stock setup and add aftermarket components, Fordā€™s recommendations likely wonā€™t work, hence my concerns with a lower stance likely requiring additional camber.
Sponsored