Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Interesting… it appears you wanna join the discussion just to throw shade, and maybe you’re just being “defensive”… idk, but I’m hardly triggered.

My HEPR just turned a year old and has 2540 miles on the clock. Looks like you don’t know what you’re talking about.
...I have an ol' cheap '21 PP1 for 4 months now and it only has 1000 miles
on it.
I didn't buy it to drive but just every once in a while................................:crazy:

IMG_0467.JPG

Sponsored

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
...I have an ol' cheap '21 PP1 for 4 months now and it only has 1000 miles
on it.
I didn't buy it to drive but just every once in a while................................:crazy:

IMG_0467.JPG
Well, it looks awesome!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Aren't there are more 2020 Wimbledon cars than any other color?

The 100+27 - just saying they should end it like they started it.
I agree. It is a 2020R in Wimbledon White. Its intent is to celebrate the heritage of the GT350 in the last model year. It is identical to any other 2020 R with the exception of paint and trim.

It is a car that stands out mostly due to the hype behind its release. That hype does have some merit because of what it stands for..... the heritage of the GT350.

Back to my point, it still is nothing more than a 2020 GT350/GT350R with a different color and trim.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I agree. It is a 2020R in Wimbledon White. Its intent is to celebrate the heritage of the GT350 in the last model year. It is identical to any other 2020 R with the exception of paint and trim.

It is a car that stands out mostly due to the hype behind its release. That hype does have some merit because of what it stands for..... the heritage of the GT350.

Back to my point, it still is nothing more than a 2020 GT350/GT350R with a different color and trim.
Yea...it's the equivalent of the California special package for the GT or the Elite appearance package for the Mach 1....definitely cool to the right person, but let's be honest, Ford made a killing on the option cost. It's not even different paint, just the side vinyl strips and the colored grill/trunk badges and chassis number badge.

So not to trash the cars because I do think they are cool and a nice throwback to the GT350's of yore, but pretending that option adds like $20k+ of value is just crazy, especially when most 2020 350R's were optioned with it. Heck a grabber lime R would be the more rare car.....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yea...it's the equivalent of the California special package for the GT or the Elite appearance package for the Mach 1....definitely cool to the right person, but let's be honest, Ford made a killing on the option cost. It's not even different paint, just the side vinyl strips and the colored grill/trunk badges and chassis number badge.

So not to trash the cars because I do think they are cool and a nice throwback to the GT350's of yore, but pretending that option adds like $20k+ of value is just crazy, especially when most 2020 350R's were optioned with it. Heck a grabber lime R would be the more rare car.....
Yes, agree. But I do like what the idea stands for. It was a nice way to conclude the production run. But in the end, it is just another 2020 GT350/GT350R.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, agree. But I do like what the idea stands for. It was a nice way to conclude the production run. But in the end, it is just another 2020 GT350/GT350R.
My main gripe is that they missed the opportunity to do more to make it stand out such as limit production or the one-off for Mr. Ford - Blue R on the seats and other places? Yes, please - I think that looked awesome. Basically everything Red could have been Blue. Might be a stretch (I'd need to see one) but also perhaps exposed CF wheels, wing and other bits? They really couldn't do anything in the performance department; to do so would have been to suggest that they left something on the table for all of the rest of the 350s. Great car either way - there's always something to complain about, right? :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
My main gripe is that they missed the opportunity to do more to make it stand out such as limit production or the one-off for Mr. Ford - Blue R on the seats and other places? Yes, please - I think that looked awesome. Basically everything Red could have been Blue. Might be a stretch (I'd need to see one) but also perhaps exposed CF wheels, wing and other bits? They really couldn't do anything in the performance department; to do so would have been to suggest that they left something on the table for all of the rest of the 350s. Great car either way - there's always something to complain about, right? :)
Oh, not complaining.... I love the car, and again it was a nice way to send it out. That will most certainly be the last ICE GT350 ever made. Maybe the last ever.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Yeah, Ford made a killing on the $1,965 HEP option which by the way did come with different paint namely Wimbledon White instead of Oxford White! :facepalm:

If you want to talk about Ford making a killing on an option how about the $10,000 option for painted OTT stripes for the 2 seat CFTP, now that was a real deal for all those enthusiasts that wanted that very cool option.

Not sure why so many people seemed to be concerned with many of the 278 regular production HEP R's fetching much more than MSRP as it is really not any different than many other 2020 R's that came in much different colors such as Shadow Black or Twister Orange.

Were there not two 2020 Shadow Black R's that sold recently for just over $110,000 and just last month a Twister Orange 2020 R sold for $112,000?

Let's face it, pretty much any color of 2020 R model is very desirable these days and especially those low mileage examples which are being sold for well over MSRP and that just happens to include the HEP R's as well.

Could Ford have done more when it comes to improved performance for the 2020 HEP R's, obviously not.

With Bill Ford making it very clear that he was the only individual on the planet that would have a 2020 R built with Blue seat stitching, Blue seat inserts, painted Blue brake calipers along with painted Guardsman Blue OTT and side stripes that left Ford with very few options especially for the other 278 regular production HEP R's that were produced.

Certainly "LR280" is in a class of it's own and cannot see that very cool vehicle ever leaving the Ford Family along with it's mate namely "F0001".

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Oh, not complaining.... I love the car, and again it was a nice way to send it out. That will most certainly be the last ICE GT350 ever made. Maybe the last ever.
Didn’t mean you were complaining - more me :). Always some
Bench racing or “could have done this or that” ;)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Didn’t mean you were complaining - more me :). Always some
Bench racing or “could have done this or that” ;)
I think the community understands it is a special tribute to the car's greatness. I think where people are confused is when they think it is some super rare collector. Its not a Ford GT and for a while, some of these cars sat on lots waiting to be sold. IIRC, some at MSRP. There was a spreadsheet that was going around with chassis numbers, born on dates, and most importantly the disposition and location of each one. The guy who came up with that one was a genius.

I almost made the move on one. I can assure you had I got one, my sentiment would be exactly the same. I am happy Ford did this. I am aware of the person who imagined this car, made the pitch, and got it done. I can't say enough that the GT350 was that special of a car. The heritage edition was to pay tribute to exactly that.
Sponsored