Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I simply meant that compared to doing that work to the car yourself in the aftermarket and getting 0 return on your aftermarket investment, with the Shelby modifications you will typically hold onto something of your investment. If maximum return is your goal then put that money into the markets, but if you're the kind of person who finds value in the name, there seems to be a number of people down the line who also seem to find some value in the CSM number.
Pretty simple from my standpoint as all I am trying to suggest is that us automotive enthusiasts might want to try to maximize our bang for the buck as much possible when it comes to purchasing a Shelby Mustang model whether it be directly from Ford or from SA.

If you think that paying $80,000 for a 2008/2009 Shelby GT500 KR was a terrific deal based on a whopping 40 HP increase along with a new hood, hood pins, different gears and a few other goodies was a great deal or paying a ~$50,000 to ~$75,000 markup over and above the Base MSRP of $42,000 for a 2007 GT500 then go ahead and fill your boots.

If you are also suggesting that a modified 2020 CSM HEP R is worth more than a bone stock 2020 HEP R then we are definitely on a totally different page.

This has nothing to do with the money markets and all to do with watching our hard earned dollars when it comes to purchasing a new HP Mustang model.

As far as you previously mentioning that you are a one of the bigger nay-sayers of the SA operation and then your subsequent posts I guess that I am left a little confused.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Pretty simple from my standpoint as all I am trying to suggest is that us automotive enthusiasts might want to try to maximize our bang for the buck as much possible when it comes to purchasing a Shelby Mustang model whether it be directly from Ford or from SA.
Agreed.

If you think that paying $80,000 for a 2008/2009 Shelby GT500 KR was a terrific deal based on a whopping 40 HP increase along with a new hood, hood pins, different gears and a few other goodies was a great deal or paying a ~$50,000 to ~$75,000 markup over and above the Base MSRP of $42,000 for a 2007 GT500 then go ahead and fill your boots.
Definitely not

If you are also suggesting that a modified 2020 CSM HEP R is worth more than a bone stock 2020 HEP R then we are definitely on a totally different page.
I believe the market will show that a 2020 CSM HEP R is worth more than a bone stock 2020 HEP R or a modified 2020 HEP R modified similarly outside of Shelby American, but not by a value equivalent to the Signature Series cost.

Much in the same way a 20017-2014 Super Snake is worth more than a stock 2007-2014 GT500 or a 2007-2014 GT500 modified to similar performance levels outside of Shelby American, but not by a value equivalent to the cost of the Super Snake conversion.

As far as you previously mentioning that you are a one of the bigger nay-sayers of the SA operation and then your subsequent posts I guess that I am left a little confused.
My point was that if you're the kind of person who see's value in the Super Snake package or the Signature Series in regards to the name/heritage in addition to the modifications, there is a track record of getting a higher resale value out of CSM equipped vehicles. That's all.

As far as a return on your investment the performance and styling and resale is woeful compared to the expense, so the only way it absolutely makes any sense is if the person sending their car there is willing to forfeit a large amount of cash just for the sake of saying their car has a CSM number. I personally don't see any vale to the CSM number myself.

To me, SAI lost it's way when they stopped racing and stopped developing. Anymore they're just bodykits and off the shelf parts from other aftermarket suppliers. Meanwhile companies are out there actually developing products for Mustangs and I hold those brands in higher regards now. SAI really lost their minds when they started producing "Super Snakes" off of base Mustang GT's with the S550 chassis.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Agreed.

Definitely not

I believe the market will show that a 2020 CSM HEP R is worth more than a bone stock 2020 HEP R or a modified 2020 HEP R modified similarly outside of Shelby American, but not by a value equivalent to the Signature Series cost.

Much in the same way a 20017-2014 Super Snake is worth more than a stock 2007-2014 GT500 or a 2007-2014 GT500 modified to similar performance levels outside of Shelby American, but not by a value equivalent to the cost of the Super Snake conversion.

My point was that if you're the kind of person who see's value in the Super Snake package or the Signature Series in regards to the name/heritage in addition to the modifications, there is a track record of getting a higher resale value out of CSM equipped vehicles. That's all.

As far as a return on your investment the performance and styling and resale is woeful compared to the expense, so the only way it absolutely makes any sense is if the person sending their car there is willing to forfeit a large amount of cash just for the sake of saying their car has a CSM number. I personally don't see any vale to the CSM number myself.

To me, SAI lost it's way when they stopped racing and stopped developing. Anymore they're just bodykits and off the shelf parts from other aftermarket suppliers. Meanwhile companies are out there actually developing products for Mustangs and I hold those brands in higher regards now. SAI really lost their minds when they started producing "Super Snakes" off of base Mustang GT's with the S550 chassis.
Doesn't every S550 start as a base S550?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Doesn't every S550 start as a base S550?
Are you asking if Ford takes a base Mustang and changes it for it's models? no. All S550s are the same chassis/body, though - so the sheetmetal starts the same for the main unibody.

Sponsored

Burger16b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP, 2017 f-350 platinum, 2014 Chrysler 300
Dharri21 looks good. do you want to sell the factory recaro seat covers?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Unfortunately SA has had a stigma attached to it that is no longer true. I agree SA should go back to motorsports. Ive attempted to talk them into it for years. But they do a ton of development work at the track. Whats changed is Gary Patterson at the helm. Hes a business major and a major car guy. Last time I was with them on track they were tweaking GT500 suspension tuning the entire day,

Congrats on the SE! I may get flack for this but, I am not a huge fan of this particular car(the HEP). More HEP Rs were built then many other color combos and the HEP cars is just a color combo. Ford has always come out with special colors at the end of a run. But the addition of the SE package changes my perception of his particular car. Im lovin it. Well done!

350Gen6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
looks great! love the blue roll bar, compliments the rest of the car perfectly. and the wing as well, cant tell if it's carbon fiber or black from the pics, but looks great! beautiful ride!
looks great! love the blue roll bar, compliments the rest of the car perfectly. and the wing as well, cant tell if it's carbon fiber or black from the pics, but looks great! beautiful ride!
Hey Dennis.. I just picked up a 20ā€˜ GT350R HE.. I like what they did at Shelby America, car looks great ! I was wondering, did they paint the rear emblem Guardsmen blue or did you do that? I see too that you kept the GT350 side strip on vs. the Shelby logo they install.. Iā€™m guessing these can all be discussed with Shelby America bf you agree to send the car. I also hear that they only give back parts are the CF wheels/ tires, shipped at owners expense the rest they keep ?

OP
OP
Dharri21

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
The gaurdsmen blue rear emblem was specific to the Heritage edition from Shelby American. It was an add-on option from SA. As for the side stripes they do not remove them when a HEP car comes in, they add the little letters towards the back on top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dharri21

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also Shelby sent back every part removed from the car including the plastic coolant reservoir. They did not send back just the tires and wheels.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Do they cover either of the seats? Recaros vs heated/cooled ones?

OP
OP
Dharri21

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They recover either type of seat. Also you can get other options than just the ones listed on the website. There was another HEP R when mine was in Las Vegas and they got guardsmen blue calipers. It also got a GT500 Hood with the pins.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Yeah I see you can get Carbon hood rear seat delete and wide body amongst other things.
Sponsored