Sponsored

GT350R Extended Ford Warranty pricing...

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
My dealer sold me a 7 year, 120k mile warranty for $3k. After going through the paperwork I've found that its not a Ford Extended Warranty. Mine is the top of the line coverage from CNA National. From looking through the contract, it seems to cover everything. I do still have reservations since it isn't an official Ford extended warranty. Should I call up the dealer and switch to the Ford one? Thoughts?
Those third party ones make me nervous some don't even need to use OEM parts for repairs, some may require you to take the car to a different dealership (i.e.: not a ford one).... i don't have any experience with the provider you speak of but personally i feel more comfortable getting it through ford directly.
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My dealer sold me a 7 year, 120k mile warranty for $3k. After going through the paperwork I've found that its not a Ford Extended Warranty. Mine is the top of the line coverage from CNA National. From looking through the contract, it seems to cover everything. I do still have reservations since it isn't an official Ford extended warranty. Should I call up the dealer and switch to the Ford one? Thoughts?
I'd compare it

Through flood Ford it's 2250 for 125k and 7 years based off of a 16 Shelby with 4500k

I just bought a premium care 8yr/48k since I don't drive it much for 845 bucks.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
column G is what you want in there.. anything on the right side is extra

this is the cost pricing to ford, every dealer jacks up their own price for it
Just buy the ESP in the states.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
Yes. Cancel that thing ASAP. I work for Toyota and we use GWCC as our backup warranty company if Toyota can't cover certain vehicles. Now I can't and won't vouch for CNA National because I know nothing about them but I can't tell you how many customers have been denied coverage from this GWCC company for petty shit. I remember feeling so bad for a customer because they were denied an engine replacement because they couldn't find record of a tire rotation like 20,000 miles before. It was absolutely ridiculous. Stick with a Ford warranty. It may cost a little more but most likely a lot easier if something does happen.

Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
They now have a new code for GT350Rs (Flood also has this info) known as a "J" code and the R prices are over 2x non-R.

I ended up getting the Flood extended warranty. I did mentioned to him that it doen't call out the GT350, but he told me that it deosnt matter to Ford. It's based off of your VIN number and to Ford its a Mustang.

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes
I went through my dealer to get the warranty at cost. I guess that ADM got me something.

Prices for the warranty for non-R cars are in the "C" column. R models are in the "G" as stated.

Is there any concern from people who bought from Flood that the prices are different? I know they said it depends on the VIN but is it the same policy?

column G is what you want in there.. anything on the right side is extra

this is the cost pricing to ford, every dealer jacks up their own price for it

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Could be wrong but I have found most of the quotes for ESP are pretty comparable with discrepancy only because of the amount of deductible which will significantly change the cost or if the dealership wants to add a little markup for profit. Otherwise nothing special about Flood Ford or other dealerships.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking to do the Base Care plan since it says it covers engine, transmission, A/C, brakes, suspension, etc. It would save me a good bit over the Premium plan. But then I looked at the specifics, and even if it says it covers engine and tranny and A/C etc, it is less parts covered within those specific areas. So it is not apples to apples to just see that the Base Care covers such items. Looks like I need to go back to the Premium one after all. Just a head's up to those shopping around.

iamevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Has anyone had their GT350 engine replaced using the Ford Protect Premium plan? The Premium plan just lists the internals that are covered (doesn't mention entire engine replacements). However dealerships aren't allowed to open up the Voodoo motor; I would think they would just replace the entire thing if something went wrong, right?

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Has anyone had their GT350 engine replaced using the Ford Protect Premium plan? The Premium plan just lists the internals that are covered (doesn't mention entire engine replacements). However dealerships aren't allowed to open up the Voodoo motor; I would think they would just replace the entire thing if something went wrong, right?
If you are still under warranty or powertrain warranty and you meet the conditions of engine failure then RIGHT!
Sponsored