Sponsored

GT350R + child seat?

horns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony Car
Has anyone put a child seat in the front seat of a 350R? I've tried searching, but couldn't find much.

Thanks
Sponsored

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I do. Car seats and booster seats. Neither fit really well and I’ve looked for something with a slimmer base without luck. I tend to place rolled up towel underneath to keep the seat as level as possible.

OP
OP

horns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony Car
Are you using a tether? Any issue with the airbag staying enabled?

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Not an R, but in my 350 I place a smaller square couch pillow in the seat which evens out the surface from the pillow's top to the top of the Recaro's side bolsters.

Then I place a folded bath towel on top of it, which also covers the side bolsters to protect them from the booster seat's plastic base and also covers a bit of the front of the seat to protect it from my kids' shoes. It works perfectly.

OP
OP

horns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony Car
I'm thinking maybe some memory foam with a towel over it. The car seat is a little wide to fit inside the bolsters if I don't raise a little like QC said. That should also help eliminate high pressure points on the base to eliminate permanent depressions in the seat I hope.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are you using a tether? Any issue with the airbag staying enabled?
Funny you ask, not until yesterday did I consider using the tether...I might give that shot next time. Usually, I just use the booster so no need. Placing something at the base of the car seat or booster to elevate above the bolsters will be helpful otherwise, the child seat will sit at an angle.
Sponsored