Sponsored

GT350R Carbon Wheel warranties

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
With the carbon wheels the on the GT350R being so pricey, many on here have gone with wheel warranties. some feel these companies may be questionable when it comes time to make a claim. With that being said, has anyone ever made a claim on a carbon wheel and had it replaced without issue?

When I bought my GT350R out of state they tried to sell me on a wheel warranty. I called my local dealer that ive used for a long time and spoke with the guy there that handles warranties. I gave him the name of the company and he said he would speak to some of the people he networks with and get back to me. An hour later he calls me back and says he canā€™t recommend that company and that he couldnā€™t find a good/recommended company that offers a warranty for the carbon wheels.
Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I had to sue my scammy warranty company (purchased through dealer) to get them to pay. They tried denying bc the tire tread was too low (even though I got in writing that term didnā€™t apply). Took 5 months and an attorney but Finally got a check for $6800 for new wheel and tire. I have a thread here on it. Iā€™d generally expect a fight.

edit: and this warranty isnā€™t available anymore on carbon wheels to buy

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Only buy the Ford TireCare warranty (if you can get it). The aftermarket wheel warranties will be nothing but a hassle when/if you have a wheel claim.

OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Only buy the Ford TireCare warranty (if you can get it). The aftermarket wheel warranties will be nothing but a hassle when/if you have a wheel claim.
I asked my local dealer when I bought my R in April about a ford wheel package and he told me they didnā€™t offer one. I guess Iā€™ll check again.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The warranty (if you can get it) has to be purchased at the time of delivery. They don't make exceptions unfortunately.

Its VIN specific. When you sit down with the finance guy, your VIN is in the system for warranties and packages you are eligible for. When I did my '18 it was no. My '20 500 CFTP was, but I have been hearing after the fact that the warranties were reversed after the fact.

So to anyone buying an R or CFTP, if offered the TireCare warranty, buy it.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does that Ford Tire Care Warranty have fine print exclusions in it - such as not covered by track or exhibition use?

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I was told no extended warranty by Ford at time of our purchase.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Does that Ford Tire Care Warranty have fine print exclusions in it - such as not covered by track or exhibition use?
Here you go.

For anyone interested, inquire at the time of purchase..... It may or may not be offered. If you can get it, get it while you can.

Attachments

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
There are quite a few tire and wheel insurance packages from many different companies.
As a matter of fact different policies from the same company can get pretty confusing, just like any other insurance. Sometimes the Finance and Insurance guys donā€™t know the differences nor do they care, itā€™s all about making that extra money. Believe me, when you have a problem with a claim you wonā€™t be dealing with the F&I guy who sold you the policy.
Also your service writer, who doesnā€™t make any money expediting your claim, will probably care less than the guy who sold you the policy....Buyer beware.
So ya, buying a policy that is backed by Ford is your best bet.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I got my wheel replaced under the vehicle warranty, not the tire care warranty, when the barrel experienced a failure after track use. It wasn't easy to get it through the system, but eventually they did replace it.
Sponsored