Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I also wish the rotors were zinc coated. I can't stand the rusty edges. It drives me nuts that the inside of my wheels gets that crap rusty stain that I keep cleaning off every time I wash my car. This is one reason why I might go with Girodisc rotors
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I also wish the rotors were zinc coated. I can't stand the rusty edges. It drives me nuts that the inside of my wheels gets that crap rusty stain that I keep cleaning off every time I wash my car. This is one reason why I might go with Girodisc rotors
I saw this two days ago for the first time...I panicked. Didn't realize it was rust at first...then I thought 'what the fuck?'.

It is the only thing I don't like so far about the car. Where I live we get a lot of rain. That being said, I drove it, couple of hard brakes and it came right off.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I saw this two days ago for the first time...I panicked. Didn't realize it was rust at first...then I thought 'what the fuck?'.

It is the only thing I don't like so far about the car. Where I live we get a lot of rain. That being said, I drove it, couple of hard brakes and it came right off.
Yeah but it doesn't come off the edges of the rotors. The inner and outer edges.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but it doesn't come off the edges of the rotors. The inner and outer edges.
I'll have to look for that. I just did a quick pass.

What are these Zinc rotars you speak of? Better than OEM?

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to look for that. I just did a quick pass.

What are these Zinc rotars you speak of? Better than OEM?
They are a true 2 piece. The aluminum center is bolted to the steel rotor. When the rotors go bad you replace only the rotor ring not the aluminum hub. But they are expensive and not needed because ours are excellent rotors but the rusty edges drive me nuts. They could use a coat of weld-thru zinc weld coating to possibly stop the rust.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are a true 2 piece. The aluminum center is bolted to the steel rotor. When the rotors go bad you replace only the rotor ring not the aluminum hub. But they are expensive and not needed because ours are excellent rotors but the rusty edges drive me nuts. They could use a coat of weld-thru zinc weld coating to possibly stop the rust.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll take a read on those and price em out. OF course not needed but the rust might drive me to it.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Also forgot to mention the gt350 rotors are cross drilled, which could lead to fractures or cracks after hard use.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Also forgot to mention the gt350 rotors are cross drilled, which could lead to fractures or cracks after hard use.
The price on entire replacements on this car are ridiculously cheap lol

Stay far far away from Girodisc, I use to run and sell them until I realized how quick they wear out.

What's also funny is that a lot of those exotic car experiences that you see around the states use to run all Girodisc setups. Then slowly switched to the AP counter parts due to how much longer they last.

I've used AP discs with fantastic results which is why I sell them only.

AP racing is working on something for the 350, when I know more I'll make a post.

As far as the rust you can paint the edges of the disc with high temp paint if you wish, I've had some customers ask for me to send their discs directly to the powder coater.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
What's the torx? size for the caliper bolts?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
T60, I assumed my set had it, but it stopped at T55 and I had to make the mid swap drive to the parts store.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The price on entire replacements on this car are ridiculously cheap lol
Indeed, the whole rotor is cheaper than the ring only for most aftermarket units of this size, with no time needed to bolt and unbolt from the hub. I almost want to buy a spare set or two because I have a feeling the price will climb at some point

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
An option to purchasing new calipers . . .
$9 for high temp ceramic paint
$10 for high temp graphics
about 2.5 hours total labor for 4 calipers, you will not tell the difference from the factory red parts.
If they start looking shabby in a couple years, I can do it again.

Can u please post what paint and graphics you used to pull that off. Thanks

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
Hey @Ven0r , do you mind me asking which dealer you purchased from?
Thorncrest, QEW / 427 area tell them you're a member of the mustang club = wholesale pricing on all parts.
Sponsored