Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Apples and Oranges...anyone can see that.
Big red up to your old antics again? You said and I quote, "I don't think Ford will ever keep up with GM as long as GM has the Corvette." And I responded with the Ford GT which is leaps and bounds ahead of the corvette if we are comparing manufacturers technology and performance. Is the corvette and the mustang not apples and oranges? Lol SMH
Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Doesn't the SS also kinda sacrifice some potential durability for weight reduction too? I know Chevy did a TON of cross drilling of parts to get weight down like suspension links and even an aluminum diff (if I remember right).
I took a number of photos when we did the work and I dumped them because I didn't think anyone would care. I just happen to be sitting in MGW'S office at the moment (going to Road Atlanta with George to visit Dean Martin's team again) so I'll go back out and take some photos. They did indeed "swiss cheese" items where they could.

You're the first person I've seen complain about the transmission on Camaros. I'll have to check Camaro6 and see what they're saying. as far as modding the new Camaros I've only seen/heard good things.
I didn't complain about the transmission. GM is still using a TR6060 and have done a good job refining it whereas Ford abandoned it in favor of the lighter duty TR3160. Where the TR6060 lags is in shift quality at high rpm and a precision shifter can help to alleviate the issue while imparting a crisp, shift feel. The problem is that there is little room on these Camaros such that a pendulum-style is the only alternative. Furthermore, it is such a pain in the ass to get at the shifter (you MUST remove the exhaust, driveshaft, heat shielding, etc, in order to gain access) that shifter companies don't think it's viable. I know Barton looked at doing one and bailed and I'm not certain if George is going to do one or not. I think Hurst has something but that isn't saying much.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I did this on the fly as we needed to get on the road but here's a look at what I was getting at. Some glaring differences between the Camaro and the Mustang as much as they are both V8 RWD IRS pony cars. GM has gone quite a bit further in an attempt at lowering weight underneath. Some of it I don't like, some of it I do.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You're the first person I've seen complain about the transmission on Camaros. I'll have to check Camaro6 and see what they're saying. as far as modding the new Camaros I've only seen/heard good things. NicKey Performance has their project car build going now. They did some work on my 1LE. They're great people. I'd go back to them again.

**Disclaimer** last Saturday I pulled the trigger and traded my 2014 Camaro 1LE for a 2017 Lightning Blue GT350. This Shelby is an amazing car. Honestly, the only Mustang I'd ever consider purchasing...I'm not even sure I'd call this Mustang. I rode in a friend's 2016 5.0 and this Cobra is vastly different.
My exact same thoughts. I’ve always been a GM performance buyer. This is my first Ford. And I don’t consider, or call it, a “Mustang”.

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 16' 2500 Duramax
No. It’s Top Gun, bring your best.
And if they approve your application (for one of the 250) you can buy one for $450,00. Maybe Jay Leno could bring his to a shoot-out.
Sponsored