Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
GT350/GT350R Titanium Lug Nuts

The first set of the Exhibitions Of Speed custom GT350/S550 titanium lug nuts is in production. The push for these came from a GT350R customer that wanted to order a set of our Signature Wheels. This customer told me that having the extended front studs exposed would be a deal breaker, so I set out to develop something that would solve the problem. For all GT350R and S550 owners swapping over to aftermarket wheels the front and rear lug nuts will no longer sit at the same depth. These lug nuts were designed based on our Signature Wheel specs on the GT350 platform and designed to sit evenly front to rear. They will be flush with the extended front and rear studs on the GT350R and sit evenly front to rear on all other GT350/S550 models. Although longer than OEM, the titanium provides a significant weight savings and increased strength.

I was EXTREMELY lucky to work with George at MGW on creating the design for the lug nuts. With some input from Tob at Caliperfexion a design was chosen to provide aesthetics, functionality, corrosion resistance, and strength. Production assistance was graciously provided by John at ZL1 Addons, as he pointed me in the right direction for titanium production. Between all of those great folks in the industry, this is the end result.

Keep in mind that the torque values provided by the factory for your particular vehicle take into account the amount of preload and stretch needed to be placed on the OEM studs. It is not necessarily a factor of the wheel you use. Even when using aftermarket wheels, you should always follow the OEM torque values. When using dissimilar metals like titanium and steel you will need to use anti-seize on the threads. Depending on the anti-seize you use, you will need to adjust the torque value that is needed. Be sure to check with the anti-seize manufacturer on what the formula is to reduce the torque value. Make the same inquiry if you have switched to an ARP, MSI, or another brand stud that may require a different amount of preload. Instructions for these are to install the lug nuts, tighten to spec, drive and put some heat into the wheel, then recheck the torque values.

There will only be 30 sets made on the initial order, and we have a 45 day lead time on production. Orders should ship to enthusiasts in 45 days, but keep in mind it could take slightly longer with this being the first batch. Chances are there will not be another batch produced until next year. Cost on these is you guessed it, $350 + shipping. California orders do need to pay tax. Below is a list of the interested parties I have. Invoices will be going out over the next couple weeks to pay for your order. If you have to drop, out all money will be returned. If you are interested then send me an email with your name, phone, and shipping address. Once all 30 spots are full I will let you all know. Don't forget the "s" at the end of exhibition...

[email protected]

NAME

1) Mark M
2) Jamed M
3) Bruce M
4) Robert C
5) Bob A
6) Scott M
7) Jason K
8) Jorge R
9) Jorge R
10) Justin K
11) Sohil Y
12) William S
13) Denton M
14) Daniel S
15) Pat S
16) Carl M
17) Joseph B
18) Brad K
19) Kevin
20) Chayce M
21) Byron J
22) Aaron M
23) Rob
24) Bradley E
25) Jon W
26) Rodrick M
27) Robert B
28)
29)
30)

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My dude you are killin' it!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My dude you are killin' it!
As I sit here typing at 0137 hours I think it might be killing me lol.

Thanks again for tall the help T

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I sent Permatex an email about torque specs with their anti-seize, and then found this digging around in the FAQ...

Permatex® does not recommend the use of any anti-seize product on wheel studs. Many people have used anti-seize for this applications, however, there is the potential for over-torqueing and therefore, higher clamp loads and potentially dangerous bolt stretch. Because of the lubricity of anti-seize, there is a tendency to over-tighten because of the ease with which the nut will bear down on the lug. For this reason, even if you try to torque the nuts to factory specs, the clamp load may become too high depending on the type of bolt, size and manufacturer.

Guessing they're not going to make a recommendation when they write back :-/

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A purely political, cover your ass type response. Gibberish.

Then again, with all the idiots out there and the potential for never ending lawsuits - I don't blame them. I'd contact ARP and ask them about this while mentioning you want to use ARP Thread Lubricant and not anti-seize.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I sent Permatex an email about torque specs with their anti-seize, and then found this digging around in the FAQ...

Permatex® does not recommend the use of any anti-seize product on wheel studs. Many people have used anti-seize for this applications, however, there is the potential for over-torqueing and therefore, higher clamp loads and potentially dangerous bolt stretch. Because of the lubricity of anti-seize, there is a tendency to over-tighten because of the ease with which the nut will bear down on the lug. For this reason, even if you try to torque the nuts to factory specs, the clamp load may become too high depending on the type of bolt, size and manufacturer.

Guessing they're not going to make a recommendation when they write back :-/
Sure doesn't sound like it. I would touch base with ARP

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Here are some pics of the new Ti lug nuts on the car

SV302S GT350R  Mounted (1).jpg
SV302S GT350R  Mounted (2).jpg
SV302S GT350R  Mounted (6).jpg
SV302S GT350R  Mounted (7).jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What did you do with yours? Anti seize on there? What torque?
I am using ARP. Torque to 130 ft/lbs, drive, and re-torque to 140 ft/lbs

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I am using ARP. Torque to 130 ft/lbs, drive, and re-torque to 140 ft/lbs
You mean the ARP Ultra Torque Assemly Lube? You have ARP studs or stock studs? APR give you those specs or did they give you some math (like reduce 10% or something?)?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You mean the ARP Ultra Torque Assemly Lube? You have ARP studs or stock studs? APR give you those specs or did they give you some math (like reduce 10% or something?)?
Stock studs with the Assembly lube.

I used a 10% reduction as a base number and tested it out on the street and track. I found that it was consistent after road and track miles without backing off. That is the most scientific data I have.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Good news!

Lug nuts are built and I am awaiting to get them shipped out to me. Hoping to get all these in hands by Christmas!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Getting close guys. Half of our batch of lug nuts have arrived. The rest should arrive in the next day or two.

25A84A54-F062-420E-80CC-B7F09A0B275F.jpeg
Sponsored