Nice job T.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You know I’m in!!!

Couple questions on some things I think I recall from previous topics on titanium lugs...

Still use anti-seize? Will the torque spec change from stock?

Last edited:

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Very happy to announce the first batch of the Exhibitions Of Speed Custom Titanium lug nuts for the GT350R/GT350 platform are almost here! Once this initial batch is test fitted on my car I will update with photos and start getting a list of interested parties together. The last batch were great, and I think you will all be pleased with these.

Exhibitions Of Speed Titanium Lug Nuts.jpg
I'm in on this one.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You know I’m in!!!

Couple questions on some things I think I recall from previous topics on titanium lugs...

Torque spec for stock is for dry threads, so the use of anti-seize will definitely change that. I don't know what the adjustment for Ti is. Ultimately you want ~1.5% stretch in the steel stud for secure clamping. With steel on steel and lubricated threads, you'd typically take the torque value down ~35% relative to dry threads to get the same stretch (e.g., 100-110 lb-ft vs 150 lb-ft if lubricating the stock lug nuts). Someone who knows more than I do could tell you how to adjust further for Ti. I would think anti-seize is a good idea given the dissimilar metals.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I'm in for a set as soon as they're ready. once again thanks for doing this for us

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice job T.
Thanks Tob. Much credit goes to you as well
You know I’m in!!!

Sweet! @oldbmwfan basically summed it up below.
I'm in on this one.
Awesome
Torque spec for stock is for dry threads, so the use of anti-seize will definitely change that. I don't know what the adjustment for Ti is. Ultimately you want ~1.5% stretch in the steel stud for secure clamping. With steel on steel and lubricated threads, you'd typically take the torque value down ~35% relative to dry threads to get the same stretch (e.g., 100-110 lb-ft vs 150 lb-ft if lubricating the stock lug nuts). Someone who knows more than I do could tell you how to adjust further for Ti. I would think anti-seize is a good idea given the dissimilar metals.
Excellent information. Most anti-seize companies will list how much to reduce the torque value based on their particular product.
I'm in for a set as soon as they're ready. once again thanks for doing this for us
Cool. Production will be starting soon.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Welp...I've been screwing that one up! I have no excuse or justification why, but for some old reason, I had it in my head that anti-seize wasn't "lubricated". Guess I'll need to change that up, LOL. I've been torqueing my wheels with anti-seize to 140. Felt fine. Didn't feel like I was stretching the limits or anything.

I'll see if I can find that other thread with the conversation, but could have sworn it was about torque differences due to dissimilar metals and the titanium not needing as much torque to do the same job due to strength or something or other.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hey T...any estimate on delivery timeframe? Just curious.
Welp...I've been screwing that one up! I have no excuse or justification why, but for some old reason, I had it in my head that anti-seize wasn't "lubricated". Guess I'll need to change that up, LOL. I've been torqueing my wheels with anti-seize to 140. Felt fine. Didn't feel like I was stretching the limits or anything.

I'll see if I can find that other thread with the conversation, but could have sworn it was about torque differences due to dissimilar metals and the titanium not needing as much torque to do the same job due to strength or something or other.
When I researched this topic it appears to lead down several deep and dark holes. I always refer back to what @Epiphany said about the pre load needed on the stud, not so much the lug nut. Keep the OEM torque spec and then reduce by the percentage provided by the lubricant manufacturer you use.

I am expecting to receive the lug nuts this Friday. Once I place them on the car and verify everything I plan to start the first production order this coming week :-)

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Keep the OEM torque spec and then reduce by the percentage provided by the lubricant manufacturer you use.:-)
Hahahahaha...sometimes you just can't win. I started doing homework to see what Permatex may list to reduce torque by, and right there on their data sheet for the anti-seize it states not for use on wheel studs/lug nuts. So obviously they're not going to advertise a torque adjustment for it. They don't list one anyways that I can find. And the ironic part is the overwhelming amount of data out there about not using anti-seize on lug nuts :headbang:. Oh well. Umpteen years and I've never had an issue. And it sounds like we support it around here. And I would tend to agree with oldbmwfan about dissimilar metals.

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Hahahahaha...sometimes you just can't win. I started doing homework to see what Permatex may list to reduce torque by, and right there on their data sheet for the anti-seize it states not for use on wheel studs/lug nuts. So obviously they're not going to advertise a torque adjustment for it. They don't list one anyways that I can find. And the ironic part is the overwhelming amount of data out there about not using anti-seize on lug nuts :headbang:. Oh well. Umpteen years and I've never had an issue. And it sounds like we support it around here. And I would tend to agree with oldbmwfan about dissimilar metals.
You sound like me lol. I'm not currently using anti seize on my lugs by I have in the past on other cars. I'd prob just come down to 125-130. 150 seems excessive even when dry.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'd prob just come down to 125-130. 150 seems excessive even when dry.
And this is exactly what I did. I’ll check it after a few drives just for the heck of it. A lot of folks say that about the 150, but it never felt like you were gong too far; ya know that feeling when something’s about to strip. I was always stopping at 140 anyways due to known tolerance in my wrench. I did email permatex to see if they’ll provide any specs though, but guessing not. I’ve got such a thin layer of it on my studs anyways that I can’t imagine it’ll matter that much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
They are here... and my goodness. Gorgeous and light

F7B0101E-8BBB-4E79-A8A6-A5818F26C985.jpeg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Test fitting with the new titanium lug nuts is now complete. Fitment is confirmed and it is CLEAN. Price for these will be $350 + shipping. 30 sets will be ordered and take a few weeks to build. Any sets not paid for will be sold first come, first served. All pre paid lug nut orders will be produced. Send me a DM if interested.

1579D47E-7D0A-4672-AF02-042CCD917CD7.jpeg
A2B0A15D-FE91-4E5D-8883-65B5D3ABFAC6.jpeg
523BD60A-4025-4233-8176-2133FBAF0CCB.jpeg
413DD730-9AA6-4A74-A923-7D12A8AA074C.jpeg
Sponsored