Sponsored

GT350 will live past 2019 with GT500 engine block!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Let me try and summarize this thread.

Yesterday; my GT350 will be worth more now because...it’s a manual and a drivers car.

Today; one group is like “my GT350 will suck soon and lose all value” or the other group is like “glad I didn’t buy one yet and now I will because it’s getting the upgraded block from the GT500 resulting in a million more hoespower and cross plane crank with DCT and because it’s lighter it will be faster than the GT500”.

I’ll add, they will make the new improved GT350 till 2025 when it gets an electric motor assist.

Did I miss anything?
Yes this place is incredible for reading what you want to believe and generally just making shit up.
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I have heard of that. They did that in the 60's for insurance purposes. And your point is?
His point is you’re retarded and don’t understand the idea that the bullitt is underrated. It’s simple math here, and not difficult to comprehend, gen 2 engines with the frpp stage 3 package make 478hp sae at the crank, remember that’s a tune, gt350 manifold, gt350 87TB and gt350 intake. Aka the same as the bullitt WOW. Okay now let’s take this slow, so you seem to think that with direct injection, 93mm bore and 12:1 compression it makes ONLY.....2 more HP. You sir are ignorant

Last edited:

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe it is in what they are not saying.

I'm kind of confused by the article. Will the GT350s still be FPC or will they go to a non supercharged version of the new GT350 CPC engine?

If so is it really still a GT350 at the FPC was what gave the car its unique character?
I would agree, the FPC engine is unique and makes the GT350 an special car. The characteristic of the FPC engine with its higher rev range and the power it produces at that range, has it punching well above its weight. When Ford was running the FPC engine in IMSA it was clear no other car in the field had the top end the Mustang had, and with an aggressive driver the outcome of any race barring misfortune was the Mustang's to decide. On the other hand less experienced, less aggressive drivers seemed to have a more difficult time with the FPC engine. It really took someone able to keep the car it isn't higher rev range most of the time to dominate the field, however dominate the field is what it did. Ford switched to a CPC 5.2 for the current GT4 car, in observation clearly that car doesn't have the top end the FPC engine has, on the other hand it clearly has a stronger low and midrange, which allows less experienced drivers to be competitive however the CPC car simply cannot run away from the competition like the FPC car could. Frankly I'd like to see Ford continue development of the FPC, as I understand it the weight of the crank while lighter than a CPC it is still heavy, say as compared to a Ferrari FPC. If Ford could incrementally take weight off the FPC, the engine would rev quicker, attain higher HP. I wonder if that would require Titanium internals, etc and is cost forbidding? Of course we are in the sunset of the ICE's days, perhaps the 5.2 FPC will be the pinnacle of NA V8 engineering...

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I would agree, the FPC engine is unique and makes the GT350 an special car. The characteristic of the FPC engine with its higher rev range and the power it produces at that range, has it punching well above its weight. When Ford was running the FPC engine in IMSA it was clear no other car in the field had the top end the Mustang had, and with an aggressive driver the outcome of any race barring misfortune was the Mustang's to decide. On the other hand less experienced, less aggressive drivers seemed to have a more difficult time with the FPC engine. It really took someone able to keep the car it isn't higher rev range most of the time to dominate the field, however dominate the field is what it did. Ford switched to a CPC 5.2 for the current GT4 car, in observation clearly that car doesn't have the top end the FPC engine has, on the other hand it clearly has a stronger low and midrange, which allows less experienced drivers to be competitive however the CPC car simply cannot run away from the competition like the FPC car could. Frankly I'd like to see Ford continue development of the FPC, as I understand it the weight of the crank while lighter than a CPC it is still heavy, say as compared to a Ferrari FPC. If Ford could incrementally take weight off the FPC, the engine would rev quicker, attain higher HP. I wonder if that would require Titanium internals, etc and is cost forbidding? Of course we are in the sunset of the ICE's days, perhaps the 5.2 FPC will be the pinnacle of NA V8 engineering...

I don’t see ford getting rid of the FPC any time soon if the gt350 does goes beyond a 2020 MY. Why?? Because it’s the whole gimmick/ marketing of the car it’d be like having a boss 302 without the track key or side exhaust. Point being they need too do a gen 2 voodoo with DI, 13:1, 280 degree cams, better valve springs and call it a day. They could get 550hp without much issue And i can also see them dumping the model after 2020 as well. We shall see

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ford using a gt500 block in the gt350 is nothing more than a way to save some money and fix any potential issues they might be having behind the scenes. It’s way cheaper to use the same block and head studs between two models then having too split up the production run, and i don’t blame them

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
540.5 :) Perhaps the 15% parasitic drive train loss isn't really 15% these days. Or maybe "bad dyno!"

That is the standard Bullet.

The Steeda Steve Mcqueen edition is that plus another $20,000.

http://www.steedavehicles.com/#/stevemcqueeneditionbullittmustang/

Standard Package Content
MSRP from $20,995 (+ base Ford Mustang Bullitt)
McQueen Racing Performance Suspension Upgrades by Steeda:
McQueen Racing Powertrain Upgrades:

• McQueen Racing Performance Tune (500hp)
Except if you'd read the original post you're talking about, the car Steeda dyno'd was STOCK. Not their package. And do people really believe that every car makes exactly what the manufacturer states? They often don't. Everyone was all excited on here back in 2017 when the new 5.0 was making more than 460 hp. Every recent BMW engine is underrated for example, and it's common knowledge that they all make more power than stated. The Japanese were famous for this too back in the 90s with their "gentleman's agreement" of 276 hp, meanwhile the real ratings were all over the place.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Ford using a gt500 block in the gt350 is nothing more than a way to save some money and fix any potential issues they might be having behind the scenes. It’s way cheaper to use the same block and head studs between two models then having too split up the production run, and i don’t blame them
Don't forget as well, a selling point of the 19 GT350 is various upgrades "from the GT500".They can say it has GT500 block... just like the Bullitt has the GT350 intake.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
His point is you’re retarded and don’t understand the idea that the bullitt is underrated. It’s simple math here, and not difficult to comprehend, gen 2 engines with the frpp stage 3 package make 478hp sae at the crank, remember that’s a tune, gt350 manifold, gt350 87TB and gt350 intake. Aka the same as the bullitt WOW. Okay now let’s take this slow, so you seem to think that with direct injection, 93mm bore and 12:1 compression it makes ONLY.....2 more HP. You sir are ignorant
I never said anything whatsoever boy, with 17 posts. I merely went to the Ford site and pasted what is stated.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
What leads you to believe that?
Twothings:

1) the lack of direct injection would lead me believe the exact castings were used in the heads. Then the changes specific to the 500 were implemented.

2) I couldn’t tell you the differences in blocks off the top of my head, but it sounds like the 500 block is the same as the voodoo block, which is “gen two coyote” is it not??

Bonus: it said claimed as such by some inside info here. It would be a nightmare to scroll back to find it, but I mentally filled it.

Thoughts?

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Don't forget as well, a selling point of the 19 GT350 is various upgrades "from the GT500".They can say it has GT500 block... just like the Bullitt has the GT350 intake.
That’s too

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I never said anything whatsoever boy, with 17 posts. I merely went to the Ford site and pasted what is stated.
We know what you pasted, just that many are confused why you did so. We are not talking about what Ford has "rated" their engine at, we are talking about real-world ratings. Which are always different from what the manufacturer says... (ie: underrating their engine).

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
We know what you pasted, just that many are confused why you did so. We are not talking about what Ford has "rated" their engine at, we are talking about real-world ratings. Which are always different from what the manufacturer says... (ie: underrating their engine).
It is that a couple of people were saying 500-510. No big deal. So my mistake

LV_CarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2003 Lotus Esprit, 2018 M5 First Edition, 2017 Audi A7
Hi All,
Ignorant ford poster here (see my brood list)... as in I have never owned a Ford, let alone a mustang, and definately not a Shelby! The reason I am posting is because I have ordered a 2019 GT350 and I am looking forward to my first Ford. Why? The main reasons are FPC, Manual, looks, sound (see FPC), muscle reputation. I think the FPC is what makes the car special (and enough for me to try out a Ford) and putting in a CPC seems to take a lot away from that, performance comparisons aside. Just my opinion. Regardless, i see a lot of posts about oil consumption and reliability. Any truth to that? Ill pretty much be driving this back and forth to work, no tracking... and occasionally pushing her to her limits (as much as a crappy driver used to German DCT's can), but just wondered if I should avoid due to engine issues. I kind of assumed it was exceptions considering how many have been produced so far... but... any feedback???

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
I can't help but think that Ford has a little over saturation withing their mustang lineup coming down the road.
EcoBoost
Gt
Bullitt
Gt350
Gt350R
Gt500

Lots of V8's in that lineup so I'd imagine something is going to have to give eventually. I also suspect the bullitt will have a shorter lifespan than any of them but I'm no expert either.

Maybe utilize the soon to be homeless voodoo engine in the upcoming GT and pretend like the coyote engines never happened (lol)? Then get rid of the bullitt which would make the next step a 350? 350 would have a different motor, suspension and styling but still leave room for the 500 to be the big dog?

Exciting times indeed
Sponsored