GT350 WHEEL HOP?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just laying into the gas , if the wheels break free and I stay on it the rear hops , doesn't seem to matter if I'm going straight or in a slight or moderate turn . Speed not much of a factor either . If the road is moist or wet its even worse . I have yet to use line lock or dump the clutch to ignite the tires from a dead stop for fear of grenading an axle or my diff .... This morning I was rolling into a rotary and hit it , rears broke loose and hop ensued .... Disappointing to say the least after all the work I did so far .
I'm open to any suggestions , or input on this topic , that's why we are all here .
Are you boosted? I've not had any wheelhouse from my setup so far.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Not boosted yet . :-)
What tires are you on? Pressures? Road temps? I can only barely spin my tires flooring it in 1st gear. Any other gear and the car dead hooks.

If you're on shitty tires or sub 30 degree temps or running at 55 pai in the tires then I'd would change one of those scenarios before you blow more money on suspension bracing

Simplejack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Reviving this thread i got same problem, read many others regarding wheel hop also.
33psi tires PS2s 2000 street miles on em, 45 degrees outside, installed steeda bushing support and alignment rods today. Rpm 3500 dumped the clutch and wheel hop still just as bad as before. Turning right from dead stop, floored it, lit the tires up for about 3 seconds then wheel hop so I let off. If the car can line lock I wouldn't think dumping the clutch would be a problem. 2019 gt350 with 15k miles. Any suggestions with out throwing more money at a maybe fix?

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Reviving this thread i got same problem, read many others regarding wheel hop also.
33psi tires PS2s 2000 street miles on em, 45 degrees outside, installed steeda bushing support and alignment rods today. Rpm 3500 dumped the clutch and wheel hop still just as bad as before. Turning right from dead stop, floored it, lit the tires up for about 3 seconds then wheel hop so I let off. If the car can line lock I wouldn't think dumping the clutch would be a problem. 2019 gt350 with 15k miles. Any suggestions with out throwing more money at a maybe fix?
In my 18 GT350 I have zero wheel hop, but I’ve also changed out every suspension component possible except the Magnaride shocks. If you’ve already done the subframe and diff bushing lockouts, I’d go after the lower control arm bearings and toe link bearings next, but you might as well do anything else you’re considering all at once so you only have to get the car aligned once.

Sponsored

Simplejack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
In my 18 GT350 I have zero wheel hop, but I’ve also changed out every suspension component possible except the Magnaride shocks. If you’ve already done the subframe and diff bushing lockouts, I’d go after the lower control arm bearings and toe link bearings next, but you might as well do anything else you’re considering all at once so you only have to get the car aligned once.
Yeah I agree but that was just an answer I didn't wanna hear. Maybe I will just chalk it up to my terrible driving and live with it. Love it other than the hop.
Appreciate the reply.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Feel free to email Chris @ Steeda - he owns a GT350 and has been instrumental in testing our components on his vehicle - may be worth a conversation.

TJ

Simplejack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
If it makes a difference to anyone I went out and tried to light em up again today. If I dump the clutch still got the hop. However if I ease into it then let it go I can spin away with no problems. Progress so I will take it! Thanks
Sponsored