GT350 WHEEL HOP?

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
That was our finding - not all the components in the kit fit & we weren't going to provide that kit with that in mind.

I have asked our team to re-evaluate.

Best Regards,

TJ
I installed the kit on my 2016 GT350 this weekend fit perfect , I had an issue with one of the
subframe support braces fitting just right , so I called steeda and the guy said to take out the bushing supports that they don't fit , even though I told the guy they were already in . I took them out and the bracket still didn't fit just right .... I'm a little pissed off about this right now , this was a lot of work .... I emailed Steeda about this earlier , still no response . I will be patient .
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Looking at Ford parts, it's interesting that the part numbers for the rear subframe are different for the GT w/o perf (JR3Z5035D), GT with perf (JR3Z5035F) and GT350 (FR3Z5035D). I would imagine the only difference between these are the bushings.
Actually, they're likely different from each other in more subtle ways. Like whether or not they have mounting points for the Magride height sensors, plumbing and wiring harness pickup points, and so on. It's the kind of pedestrian difference that matters to the manufacturer but not the owner.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
Actually, they're likely different from each other in more subtle ways. Like whether or not they have mounting points for the Magride height sensors, plumbing and wiring harness pickup points, and so on. It's the kind of pedestrian difference that matters to the manufacturer but not the owner.
I'm a ford parts guy for a living , already looked everything up too ! I put the bushing supports in , it was a pain in the ass to do but they fit ... The guy at Steeda said I needed to remove them so I did , I wish I left them in because I plan on doing that very thing .

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning
Almost finished with an install of a complete Full Tilt Boogie suspension upgrade front and rear along with FP springs and sway bars.Cant wait till we get some rain to clean up the salty streets so I can get an alignment.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
The lower rear support is a 2 piece type bushing , getting one side in takes some finagling but I got them in , this job would have been done but now its take it all apart and start from scratch , I can probably do it in my sleep now ....

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That whole debate over the subframe bushing lockout kit fitting or not has about driven me to choose the BMR cradle lockout kit. But then I don't think that will work with the Steeda subframe braces that I would prefer to use. Ugh.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
That whole debate over the subframe bushing lockout kit fitting or not has about driven me to choose the BMR cradle lockout kit.
Hey sir just curious as to which BMR lockout kit you have chosen. Just recently I installed the BMR cb010 kit on my GT350. Installed this same kit on my 2019 PP2 which I was tracking at the time. It’s about 119 dollars and after it’s installed you don’t have to take it apart to install the Steeda brace. Absolutely transformed the manners of the rear end On both cars. When accelerating from a stop or thru the gears, the rear end would dig in. On occasion I could induce tire slip, but the tendency to wag its tail were greatly reduced. In my opinion just this mod allowed the Torsen differential help rotate the car thru the curves. I felt the tracking of the rear end greatly improved. I said that to say this, the cb010 is compatible with either the cb762 kit or the Steeda braces. Highly recommend anyone install the cb010 kit first and then add an additional kit or bracing after should you deem it necessary. While it was apart I installed the cradle alignment bushings.

9BAE7A57-4316-45F2-A633-27B61DEF5092.jpeg

2DA56CD3-429B-4462-AED2-EFF1E819E565.jpeg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@SmokinAces I am looking at the level 2, CB005, which if not mistaken, builds on the CB010 kit you have (same parts and adds the braces). I'm pretty sure the 005 is also compatible with the 762, but I'm pretty sure the 005 will not work with the Steeda brace. No real reason, no science behind my decision, I just like the looks and fit of the Steeda brace. Proven piece. But I also think the Steeda brace and the BMR 762 are two different roads to the exact same destination. 1st world problems, I know, LOL.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
I installed the kit on my 2016 GT350 this weekend fit perfect , I had an issue with one of the
subframe support braces fitting just right , so I called steeda and the guy said to take out the bushing supports that they don't fit , even though I told the guy they were already in . I took them out and the bracket still didn't fit just right .... I'm a little pissed off about this right now , this was a lot of work .... I emailed Steeda about this earlier , still no response . I will be patient .
And , still no response from Steeda . I put the lockout bushings back in , 2 hrs flat not too bad , have the Steeda jacking bars coming in today , going to toss those on and lower the car and take it for a rip . My buddy at work (Ford) is going to give it a 4 wheel alignment tomorrow as I also added the subframe alignment bushings . I hope my wheel hop is cured .....

Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I had an issue with one of the
subframe support braces fitting just right
Hey sir, did you get this issue rectified? After driving my car a bit, still sense slight movement in the rear. Not sure if it’s wheel hop or just slip. I don’t get traction control lite but feel something. Decided to go with the steeda braces, but don’t want to have fitting issues.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
Hey sir, did you get this issue rectified? After driving my car a bit, still sense slight movement in the rear. Not sure if it’s wheel hop or just slip. I don’t get traction control lite but feel something. Decided to go with the steeda braces, but don’t want to have fitting issues.
I never really had an issue , all went together fine . I was installing the support it bolted in but didint fit as good as the other side , but all in all it fit well in the end . I watched a few youtube installs and none of those fit perfect either . I will know tonight / tomorrow if the hop is cured . Cant wait .

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
Ok , since driving around for a couple days after installing the Steeda Stop the Hop starter kit , wheel hop remains . No change whatsoever . Next I'm going to do the lower control arm bushings , Either Steeda or full tilt boogie , 'spherical bearings' I haven't decided yet . It is a pricey and labor intensive proposition to combat wheel hop , something I believe should already be handled in a performance car . But , we press on ! P.S. I had sent a heady email to Steeda requesting help over a week ago with no response yet , this may factor in on where I purchase my next batch of parts .

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Where are you launching? What rpm? What surface? Tires? Tire pressure? Slipping or dumping the clutch? I don't know you could ever completely eliminate any chance of wheel hop so curious if it's something that can be managed.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
Where are you launching? What rpm? What surface? Tires? Tire pressure? Slipping or dumping the clutch? I don't know you could ever completely eliminate any chance of wheel hop so curious if it's something that can be managed.
Just laying into the gas , if the wheels break free and I stay on it the rear hops , doesn't seem to matter if I'm going straight or in a slight or moderate turn . Speed not much of a factor either . If the road is moist or wet its even worse . I have yet to use line lock or dump the clutch to ignite the tires from a dead stop for fear of grenading an axle or my diff .... This morning I was rolling into a rotary and hit it , rears broke loose and hop ensued .... Disappointing to say the least after all the work I did so far .
I'm open to any suggestions , or input on this topic , that's why we are all here .
Sponsored