Sponsored

GT350 WHEEL HOP?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just went and read that one. But this guy said all pieces fit correctly per instructions, and he has pics. I’m at a loss on what the disconnect is. IDK.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
That was our finding - not all the components in the kit fit & we weren't going to provide that kit with that in mind.

I have asked our team to re-evaluate.

Best Regards,

TJ

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@tj@steeda I think this guy I'm referring to is going to give you guys a call. He's curious if there's a specific one (front or rear) that doesn't fit right and he overlooked it during installation. Obviously he doesn't want to continue to run them if there's an issue with the installation.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have him ask for Jamie - he is our lead tech & can discuss the specifics with him.

Thanks!

TJ

bullitt5566

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighning Blue GT350 2010 Blue Flame Raptor 2001 True Blue Bullitt
Coming from a solid axle car I can say the IRS leaves a lot to be desired for straight line acceleration. The first and only time I launched it at the strip the wheel hop was so bad I had to get out of the throttle for fear something would break. I installed BMR's cradle lockout kit and it helped a lot. Then hooning around leaving a car show I shifted into second, the rear end broke loose, and my steering wheel alignment was messed up because the IRS subframe shifted. Installing Steeda bushing inserts fixed it right up though. Over all I think the the IRS is the same across all Mustang models and it needs serious work to hold up under the 350.

Sponsored

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
@tj@steeda I think this guy I'm referring to is going to give you guys a call. He's curious if there's a specific one (front or rear) that doesn't fit right and he overlooked it during installation. Obviously he doesn't want to continue to run them if there's an issue with the installation.
What was the resolution to this? I just ordered the combined kit https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html and only realized after the fact (via the link to the specific kit) that the support kit doesn't fit the GT350. Does anyone know why?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@corrieb The guy in question isn’t on the forums here (that I know of), but he’s in one of the 350 FB groups. I passed along the info about calling Jamie but I don’t know if he ever did. I tried to keep in touch with him to get info and find out what steeda told him, but he stopped responding to me. Guess I annoyed him, LOL. Guess one of us will have to call and do the homework. @tj@steeda

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@tj@steeda I would even say your website needs some updating. Through knowledge gained from this community, we all know there are other parts for the 550 that will work on this car, but don’t show up under the 350 pages.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I went out and drove the crap out of my car and it never once wheel hopped. It just spins the tires within the limits of traction control which is quite forgiving on a GT350.
Same. I don't get what all the hub bub is about these tires. I can get sideways and never even make a sound.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let me circle back - thank you for the heads-up.

TJ

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@tj@steeda ................... Please do not post any more pictures of Rodney ................. I just ate lunch. :cwl: :clap:

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
What was the resolution to this? I just ordered the combined kit https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html and only realized after the fact (via the link to the specific kit) that the support kit doesn't fit the GT350. Does anyone know why?
Don't know if you still here but I just installed that steeda kit on my 350 , all of it and it fit good . When finishing up the pass side support bracket fit , but was a little off . I called steeda and the guy told me to remove the bushing support kit that it doesn't fit (mine fit perfectly) and all would line up , so I removed them and the support bracket was still a little off . I may reinstall the bushing support kit , I am a pro at it now .

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Don't know if you still here but I just installed that steeda kit on my 350 , all of it and it fit good . When finishing up the pass side support bracket fit , but was a little off . I called steeda and the guy told me to remove the bushing support kit that it doesn't fit (mine fit perfectly) and all would line up , so I removed them and the support bracket was still a little off . I may reinstall the bushing support kit , I am a pro at it now .
Thanks for the update. I think I read somewhere that two of the subframe bushings on the GT350 were different to the standard S550. I didn't follow up on that hunch

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
Thanks for the update. I think I read somewhere that two of the subframe bushings on the GT350 were different to the standard S550. I didn't follow up on that hunch
They all went right on for me and fit properly , I'm pissed I listened to the guy and took them off ...
I will probably put them back on , I emailed Steeda today and asked straight up why the say they wont fit .. Still waiting for a reply .

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
They all went right on for me and fit properly , I'm pissed I listened to the guy and took them off ...
I will probably put them back on , I emailed Steeda today and asked straight up why the say they wont fit .. Still waiting for a reply .
Looking at Ford parts, it's interesting that the part numbers for the rear subframe are different for the GT w/o perf (JR3Z5035D), GT with perf (JR3Z5035F) and GT350 (FR3Z5035D). I would imagine the only difference between these are the bushings.
Sponsored