Sponsored

GT350 vs GT Premium Track Pack vs Bullitt

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Put the first sentence back in about trying to decide what car to buy. I find it hard to believe your dealer let you take a car to a track day before you bought it.
Ohhhhhhhh....

I read that completely wrong.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Ohhhhhhhh....

I read that completely wrong.
Yes, I can see how you can certainly take it the way you did. I will go back and edit it so that my point is more clearly made.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
"I'm trying to decide between this GT350 and another car. It's OK with you if I take it to a track day to try it before I buy it, right?"
I'd pay money to watch you try to pass that by a dealer.
So you're saying he took it on a test drive and was not impressed, now i get it. But he was impressed with a regular GT despite the GT350 not only having better sounding exhaust, better looking exterior, better looking interior, low production number.

That is part of the mystique of these cars. I get it, a cheaper mustang can be built, but you'd have to build it up to that point. This is like a guy looking at corvettes and saying the z06 isnt special and you can supercharge a regular c7. in the end they end up selling the c7 and getting a z06. LOL

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying he took it on a test drive and was not impressed, now i get it. But he was impressed with a regular GT despite the GT350 not only having better sounding exhaust, better looking exterior, better looking interior, low production number.

That is part of the mystique of these cars. I get it, a cheaper mustang can be built, but you'd have to build it up to that point. This is like a guy looking at corvettes and saying the z06 isnt special and you can supercharge a regular c7. in the end they end up selling the c7 and getting a z06. LOL
All those "betters" are subjective. Personally, I think the 2018+ has the better looking exterior AND interior. As far as interior goes, the GT Recaros are more aesthetically pleasing and have more color options, the turned aluminum dash looks way more classy than the black one in the GT350, the Sync3 7" screen in the GT looks WAYYYYY better than the calculator screen in the GT350, the brushed aluminum toggle switches in the GT look better than the black plastic ones in the GT350, and the digital dash... well, NOTHING in the GT350 interior comes close to topping that

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I love your logic, you weren't impressed with the GT350, then talk about how your modified mustang runs 10s. GT350 wasnt intended for straight line performance. I dont care if you drove 1000 gt350's, if you did not take the car to a track day you arent driving the car for its intended purpose.

This is similar to people complaining about the viper acr. but have never driven the car on a road course. LOL shit is hilarious.
Has a

What you don't get is I don't want to go to a track day, couldn't care less. I want my car to do what I want and a 350 don't do it.. my car does exactly what I want. If you want a 350 buy one. You must not think they are that special because if you did you would have one. It is a car that performs well on a road course great if that's what you want. You talk like it is in the super car category and it is far from that.

Sponsored

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No dealer around here would ever let you track a car you did not buy. I find it very hard to believe I am very good friends with a couple GMs and they both said No way liability way too high some dont even want to let GT out.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I was impressed with what I knew I could make the GT do.All the things you say are better are just your opinion not fact. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Nobody hears me when I say this I do not have a problem with a 350. It is a good car if that is what you want. I didn't. The funny thing is I have never seen and can't find a side by side comparison of a 350 and aGT but many of you say how much better it is. I would guess the difference is not all that great. The only comparisons I have seen are drag races and the 350 usually comes up short.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All those "betters" are subjective. Personally, I think the 2018+ has the better looking exterior AND interior. As far as interior goes, the GT Recaros are more aesthetically pleasing and have more color options, the turned aluminum dash looks way more classy than the black one in the GT350, the Sync3 7" screen in the GT looks WAYYYYY better than the calculator screen in the GT350, the brushed aluminum toggle switches in the GT look better than the black plastic ones in the GT350, and the digital dash... well, NOTHING in the GT350 interior comes close to topping that
As I said to each his own. Buy what you like, like what you buy and stop putting some one else down for their choice.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I can't speak to anyone else, but I will speak to my experience.

I drove a GT350 as part of the mix when I was looking at the next car I wanted to buy. I could afford to buy new, straight up cash, no finance, on all of the cars I looked at (GT, GT350, Miata RF, 2SS Camaro, M2Comp, M4). I ended up with the GT, even though my favorite was the RF (killed when my wife found herself looking up at the underside of an 18 wheeler on the test drive).

Frankly, I like the exhaust on my GT better, I think the GT350's exterior is overdone, and I think the 401a interior is better than the GT350. I don't give a rat's backside about exclusivity and production numbers (if I did, I'd be in the M2Comp). Now, all of those are a matter of opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

The difference between a C7 and a Z06 is much more like the difference between a GT and the new GT 500 not the 350. The C7 is not equal to or better in any category to aZ06 not true for the GT and a 350.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak to anyone else, but I will speak to my experience.

I drove a GT350 as part of the mix when I was looking at the next car I wanted to buy. I could afford to buy new, straight up cash, no finance, on all of the cars I looked at (GT, GT350, Miata RF, 2SS Camaro, M2Comp, M4). I ended up with the GT, even though my favorite was the RF (killed when my wife found herself looking up at the underside of an 18 wheeler on the test drive).

Frankly, I like the exhaust on my GT better, I think the GT350's exterior is overdone, and I think the 401a interior is better than the GT350. I don't give a rat's backside about exclusivity and production numbers (if I did, I'd be in the M2Comp). Now, all of those are a matter of opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.
Your experience sounds pretty similar to mine. By the time I was doing test drives per se, I had already decided on a Mustang, just unsure which one I wanted. Luckily, I was blessed to live near Nurburgring at the time, so I just went there and managed to find someone to let me take a lap in their modded GT first (steeda suspension bits, wider wheels and tires, and exhaust work/tune revving to 8k). Then, at a later time, I found someone willing to let me give their GT350 a go. That's what showed me that it really doesn't take much to get a GT to match or beat a GT350 in terms of feel, speed, or sound. The only thing that was undeniably and irreversibly better about the GT350 was how "special" you feel driving it, not because of how it drives, but because it has that "SHELBY" name printed across the front. As someone who doesn't care about that in the slightest bit, my decision was then quite easy

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think the 2018-19 MY has closed the gap on the 350 in terms of feel. The 2015-17 models there is more of a difference. If you test drove a 2018-19 GT back to back with the 350, yes it's going to be closer... I still think the 350 is a better handling car, nimbler and a unique sound with that motor....

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You can upgrade the GT & Bullitt (w/magnreride) to match the GT350's handling & performance through Ford Performance catalog, but there is no easy "upgrade" path for a flat plane crank.

So without comparing the engines, but the cars... I would get the GT in every instance. Because it can be easily modified to suit your needs.

That GT350's sound is hard to pass up though!

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Yes you can upgrade and pay more to buy the parts, lose money when parting out and take a hit when selling too. Best mustangs to buy are already modded Mustangs. I definitely would not want a small calculator screen, I'd get the biggest screen gt350R.
R model mustangs are slower to depreciate.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited: