Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, I was a huge Shelby fan until a drove one back to back with a lightly modded GT. The GT cost $20k less after all was said and done, and was just as fun to drive while being faster. It's not hard to make a GT faster and more durable for less than the price of a GT350, especially with the massive bargain the PP2 offers.

And for those who lose their shit about the voodoo feeling "special", a lightly Coyote feels just about the same, while having a stronger low RPM pull. . The only reason it feels "special" is because you can show people that you know how to read when you show them that the brochure says "flat plane crank"
Sponsored

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
they aren't the same. you can modify you mustang all you want, but the transmission which is already weak is not rated for it. the. the drive shaft not rated. the wheels and tires tend to inferior. and you don't get warranty. modding tends to be bad value vs factory packages when you include everything.

not saying gt350 is endall in value, not a fan of 20k engines.
My car is moded still under warranty, runs in the 10's and the wheels, tires, drive shaft and transmission are all just fine. Not sure why a 350 needs all those parts upgraded when it is a mid 12 sec car. My wife's MKS with a tune can do that. If you have a 350 and love it that is all that's important .you don't have to defend it or try to say how special it is because that is only true for you and people that agree. I find them to be lacking in power, options and over priced for what they are. But that is just my opinion you are entitled to your own opinion. With all this defending I wonder if 350 owners are trying convince others or themselves they made the right decision. I have said it many times if your happy with what you got great just let others be happy with what they have.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
My car is moded still under warranty, runs in the 10's and the wheels, tires, drive shaft and transmission are all just fine. Not sure why a 350 needs all those parts upgraded when it is a mid 12 sec car. My wife's MKS with a tune can do that. If you have a 350 and love it that is all that's important .you don't have to defend it or try to say how special it is because that is only true for you and people that agree. I find them to be lacking in power, options and over priced for what they are. But that is just my opinion you are entitled to your own opinion. With all this defending I wonder if 350 owners are trying convince others or themselves they made the right decision. I have said it many times if your happy with what you got great just let others be happy with what they have.
Looks like you dont get it, Ford didnt make the GT350 a straight line car. I dont own a GT350, but its funny as fuck when someone with a regular gt talks about the GT350 like it aint shit. LOL at its not impressive, thats why you had to mod your mustang right? Out of the box the GT350 is the better car.

I dont know whats done to your mustang but it looks riced out, lol gj.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I am patiently waiting for the GT500 I think that it may be the shit, but I did think I was going to think that about the 350 and for me I was wrong. Time will tell.
The GT500 looks over engineered and is trying too hard.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
In order of rankings, in terms of value for money:

GT350 at the top
GT PP2
GT500
GT
Bullit

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT500 looks over engineered and is trying too hard.
Thats the thing about the GT500, the engine completely over powers the chassis. The next GT500 will probably do the same.
The DCT will improve performance tho. It will not be like the previous GT500, that car got smoked by a hellcat which had what, a 50hp advantage but nearly 700lb disadvantage.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the thing about the GT500, the engine completely over powers the chassis. The next GT500 will probably do the same.
The DCT will improve performance tho. It will not be like the previous GT500, that car got smoked by a hellcat which had what, a 50hp advantage but nearly 700lb disadvantage.
That's the thing: the new GT500 won't be overpowered, but all the additions to make that possible will make for a heavy car. It's confused: doesn't know what it wants to be.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you dont get it, Ford didnt make the GT350 a straight line car. I dont own a GT350, but its funny as fuck when someone with a regular gt talks about the GT350 like it aint shit. LOL at its not impressive, thats why you had to mod your mustang right? Out of the box the GT350 is the better car.

I dont know whats done to your mustang but it looks riced out, lol gj.
Your the one that does not get if you like a 350 buy one. I drove several and was not impressed. The mods I did were to make the car perform the way I wanted it to perform, to me for the money a 350 is not worth it. You don't even own one and probably never drove one. I love the maturity level attacking some ones car. What are you 12.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your the one that does not get if you like a 350 buy one. I drove several and was not impressed. The mods I did were to make the car perform the way I wanted it to perform, to me for the money a 350 is not worth it. You don't even own one and probably never drove one. I love the maturity level attacking some ones car. What are you 12.
I love your logic, you weren't impressed with the GT350, then talk about how your modified mustang runs 10s. GT350 wasnt intended for straight line performance. I dont care if you drove 1000 gt350's, if you did not take the car to a track day you arent driving the car for its intended purpose.

This is similar to people complaining about the viper acr. but have never driven the car on a road course. LOL shit is hilarious.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
GT350 wasnt intended for straight line performance. I dont care if you drove 1000 gt350's, if you did not take the car to a track day you arent driving the car for its intended purpose.
"I'm trying to decide between this GT350 and another car. It's OK with you if I take it to a track day to try it before I buy it, right?"

I'd pay money to watch you try to pass that by a dealer.

EDIT: Made what I was trying to say clearer after a couple of quotes below.

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I did...

Both dealerships I work with know I do. They have zero issues with it. In fact the GM of one of them said "I'd deny your warranty if you didn't, son." We had a good laugh and handshake.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
"I'm trying to decide between this GT350 and another car. It's OK with you if I take it to a track day, right?"

It's more about: if you never plan to track it, the GT350 is not the smart buy, and I would dissuade one from buying it.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I did...

Both dealerships I work with know I do. They have zero issues with it. In fact the GM of one of them said "I'd deny your warranty if you didn't, son." We had a good laugh and handshake.
Put the first sentence back in about trying to decide what car to buy. I find it hard to believe your dealer let you take a car to a track day before you bought it.
Sponsored