GT350 vs GT Premium Track Pack vs Bullitt

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, there isn't really much of a reason to buy a GT350. The PP2 will perform on par with it on a road course and have better engine characteristics on the street, while not lacking anything driven all-out. Get you a diff cooler, and you have a solid track car that's brand new for $40k right there. Cheapest track pack GT350s I'm finding are in the high-$40k to low-$50k range, and those are for used models. that kind of money can get you a FULLY LOADED PP2, brand new and custom ordered with digital dash and everything. I also personally think the 18+ looks better, but that's just me. Really, the only reason to buy a GT350 is if you get off on people saying "Ooh, is that a Shelby?!"

Now here comes the butthurt Shelby guys...
While I agree about the value and performance of the PP2, to say there's no reason to buy the Shelby is, IMO, wrong. There are quite a few things you can measure, and many that you can't, that are better about it than the PP2.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I agree about the value and performance of the PP2, to say there's no reason to buy the Shelby is, IMO, wrong. There are quite a few things you can measure, and many that you can't, that are better about it than the PP2.
Agreed, I think some people just try to be controversial rather than talk sense

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Yup. Anybody say Tremec? And, that's from a happy PP2 owner. Like I said before, I'd trade my PP2 for a GT350 in a NY minute without a second thought.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree there's no good reason to buy the Shelby. I really hate mine. I drove it in to work this morning and I was just hating life during the entire trip.
It's not for everybody, it's a drivers car

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
IMO, there isn't really much of a reason to buy a GT350. The PP2 will perform on par with it on a road course and have better engine characteristics on the street, while not lacking anything driven all-out. Get you a diff cooler, and you have a solid track car that's brand new for $40k right there. Cheapest track pack GT350s I'm finding are in the high-$40k to low-$50k range, and those are for used models. that kind of money can get you a FULLY LOADED PP2, brand new and custom ordered with digital dash and everything. I also personally think the 18+ looks better, but that's just me. Really, the only reason to buy a GT350 is if you get off on people saying "Ooh, is that a Shelby?!"

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what you're saying is that you've never driven a GT350? ;)

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
37k, has tremec like the gt350, and magneride, and wider better wheels than pp1, and better torque band. Im in the fence between both, mustang looks better but mustang trans and engine noises has me worries. Camaro visability is meh but it's hard to ignore the value of that drivetrain vs mustangs.
With how ugly the new camaro is, that thing would have to be $20k for me to consider that abomination. Its like a repeat of 1999. The ugly car performs better, but nobody cared. They bought the car that looks better.

Also, mustang aftermarket > camaro aftermarket.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2

the tremec is a big reason...

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I see a recurring line of reasoning that goes something like:

"The GT350 has less low end torque...by the time I get into the power band I'm over the speed limit..."
If you're worried about speed limits (nothing wrong with that) then why do you care about a torque difference between two 4-500HP cars? Unless you're just trying to roast tires..which the GT350 can do just fine.

I daily a 392 Charger.. it has more down low than my R. When I use the 392's low end torque for any real fun.. I'm still breaking the speed limit.

Point being - if you're worried about speed limits - don't get a v8 Mustang... or at least don't pretend to care about differences between GT and GT350 low end torque in one breath and obeying the law in the other.

bob13bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge caravan, Acura rsx
With how ugly the new camaro is, that thing would have to be $20k for me to consider that abomination. Its like a repeat of 1999. The ugly car performs better, but nobody cared. They bought the car that looks better.

Also, mustang aftermarket > camaro aftermarket.
I don't think it's bad looking in white. I actually prefer the 19. i still pref the mustang looks. I just think GT is a bit overpriced; and the magneride (which everyone loves) is really hard to get. if you can get 1le for 37k, 20% cheaper with much better tremecs.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And if we really want to split hairs, they're both on Cup 2's now too so there's that. I'm guessing the compounds are pretty close too.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I love when this subject comes up it is hilarious to watch 350 owners desprately defend how amazing and far superior a 350 is. The truth is there is no definative here it is all opinion. If you like your 350 great same with a GT or ecoboost. They all have advantages it just might not be an advantage you care about.. I have driven 6 different 350's to date I have yet to be impressed, that is not a knock on the 350 just the truth for me. My modified 16 premium GT will perform equal to or better than a 350 and I do get that " I love this thing feeling" everytime I drive it. But that should really only matter to me.if your car makes you feel that way that is all that is important.. There are many on here that say get this car or that car and they have never even drivin one. You need to drive these cars your gut will tell you which one is for you. I am patiently waiting for the GT500 I think that it may be the shit, but I did think I was going to think that about the 350 and for me I was wrong. Time will tell.

bob13bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge caravan, Acura rsx
they aren't the same. you can modify you mustang all you want, but the transmission which is already weak is not rated for it. the. the drive shaft not rated. the wheels and tires tend to inferior. and you don't get warranty. modding tends to be bad value vs factory packages when you include everything.

not saying gt350 is endall in value, not a fan of 20k engines.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what you're saying is that you've never driven a GT350? ;)
Driven plenty, they aren't special

Can anyone tell me any significant improvement over the PP2 that the GT350 has that makes the PP2 inherently and uncurably worse? No GT350 guys can ever answer this, they just go on about "muh SHELBY" and "but VOODOO"
Sponsored