GT350 Vs. Chevy Camaro SS

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
So R&T picks the R as the car of the year and the current motor trend says the 16 SS Camaro is the Best Pony Car ever made. They had a bunch of accolades for the Camaro.
I've heard people call them...
Ford and Track
&
General Motors Trend

;)
Sponsored

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
The new 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang in the hands of the media, it’s been winning accolades from all directions. (see some of the list below.)

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 took home top honors as the winner of the 2016 AutoGuide.com Reader’s Choice Car of the Year Award.

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 took home top honors as the winner of
Hispanic Motor Press Awards.

2016 Yahoo Autos Epic Ride of The Year: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350.

Car and Driver winner Ford Mustang Shelby GT350.

Road and Track winner Ford Mustang Shelby GT350.

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
So R&T picks the R as the car of the year and the current motor trend says the 16 SS Camaro is the Best Pony Car ever made. They had a bunch of accolades for the Camaro.
I once heard that Motor Trend's car of the year selections are heavily influenced by how much a given manufacturer spend on advertising in their magazine. Not sure of how much truth there was to this, then or now....

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I once heard that Motor Trend's car of the year selections are heavily influenced by how much a given manufacturer spend on advertising in their magazine. Not sure of how much truth there was to this, then or now....

In the MotorTrend story, the 2016 Camaro SS had very strong performance competition, beating out the likes of the Mazda Miata, Audi TT.......... for car of the year.

While in the Road and Track story, the 2016 Shelby GT350, had little or no competition, only having to beat cars like: Corvette, Ferrari, Porsches, Vipers..... for Performance Car of the Year.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
In the MotorTrend story, the 2016 Camaro SS had very strong performance competition, beating out the likes of the Mazda Miata, Audi TT.......... for car of the year.

While in the Road and Track story, the 2016 Shelby GT350, had little or no competition, only having to beat cars like: Corvette, Ferrari, Porsches, Vipers..... for Performance Car of the Year.
Lol, I see the sarcasm.
Performance car should have went to the ACR. The LS 1:33 record was held at 1:33 since 2009, it took hyper cars to eclipse that time by 3+ seconds. The new ACR beat those hyper cars by over 1sec. Anything faster than 1:30 at LS is insane. :headbonk:

Ask Ben, he was able to clock 1:30 in his McLaren P1.

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Lol, I see the sarcasm.
Performance car should have went to the ACR. The LS 1:33 record was held at 1:33 since 2009, it took hyper cars to eclipse that time by 3+ seconds. The new ACR beat those hyper cars by over 1sec. Anything faster than 1:30 at LS is insane. :headbonk:

Ask Ben, he was able to clock 1:30 in his McLaren P1.
Damn! It took me 1:30 just to get to turn 5! ha ha! :doh: :lol:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

:eyebulge:

The new Shelby won their overall judging criteria although technically it did not beat all those cars in fastest lap times. So just to be clear and to deter misinterpretation.... see the black sidebar in case you missed it from R&T's PCOTY article:

Plus that's some hefty competition below especially compared to the Camaro's peer lineup.

_____

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
^^^My biggest surprise on that list is the fact the GT350R is 1.5 seconds faster than the Cayman GT4.

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new Shelby won their overall judging criteria although technically it did not beat all those cars in fastest lap times. So just to be clear and to deter misinterpretation.... see the black sidebar in case you missed it from R&T's PCOTY article:

Plus that's some hefty competition below especially compared to the Camaro's peer lineup.

I agree 100%. It was just a little sarcasm on my part.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
:eyebulge:

_____
What kind of numbers would the S550 GT500, 700+hp, M.R. 7800RPM put up? scary thought

Why won't this thread die???!!!
cause camaro fans still but hurt that gt350 out perform stingray and they are over reach with camaro.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Sooo.. 16 Camaro SS is running 11.70 with tune only and DRs and 10.60@128mph with tune and 150 shot..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
What kind of numbers would the S550 GT500, 700+hp, M.R. 7800RPM put up? scary thought
I don't think it would do very well against these cars. These are all track dedicated/designed cars while the gt500 is made for the strip.

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
I don't think it would do very well against these cars. These are all track dedicated/designed cars while the gt500 is made for the strip.
The next GT500 will shock many of us. It will be a straight line jackrabbit and quite capable of turning left and right on the new chasis which will have a couple more years of refinement.
Sponsored