Sponsored

GT350 vs. Cayman GT4 lap times?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Apparently thats the only time 1le surpassed the gtpp, and other track reviews such as car and driver and real life results show that the gtpp is faster around a race track.

Some people say, that specific 1le they used for motortrend is a ringer and not a stock car. It kinda makes sense, due to the car being even faster around that track than an m4, which really doesn't make sense at all.
If you can link to those results, I might believe it. The only test I recall showing a Ford faster than the 1LE was the Motown mile, where the S550 beat a 1LE time from a year earlier. Who knows how the drivers or conditions compared? Furthermore, the S550 was only marginally faster (fractions of a second). I do not put much stock in that data point. There was another test where the Mustang was compared to a 1LE and also to a Challenger. I think the Mustang won over all, but I thought they said the 1LE was better on the track.

In any event, from everything I've ever read, the 1LE is a great track car, and the M4 is really fast in the straights but a handful in the corners. Watching the video from those laps shows that to be the case. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 1LE beat the M4 on some tracks, nor would I be surprised to see the M4 beat the 1LE on others. Laguna for example really likes powerful cars due to the uphill straights, while the map for Streets of Willow makes it look like a track that rewards corner grip and balance, due to the lack of straightaways. I could definitely see different results come about on those two tracks.

Can't wait to see where these cars end up.

-T
Sponsored

rcb020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

15 minute mark shows the Nismo lap time roughly 2 seconds faster than the c7 z06. This was at Big Willow. Either way I'd rather have the vette, I was driven around a track in one by my hpde instructor. Absolutely amazing car.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP

15 minute mark shows the Nismo lap time roughly 2 seconds faster than the c7 z06. This was at Big Willow. Either way I'd rather have the vette, I was driven around a track in one by my hpde instructor. Absolutely amazing car.
They took the spoiler out and GM did a fix for the tires or shocks i m not sure which one, but after all that, the c7 zo6 was able to run 0.7 seconds faster than the nismo gtr. The chart is above, so you can see it. Hope the gt350r will be up there.
Sponsored