Sponsored

GT350 vs 2017 ZL1

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
The comparison I want to see is the GT350 (not R) vs the SS 1LE, it would be pretty much dead even on track, and you'd save $20K without ADM getting the 1LE. Heck I can even get discounts on the Chevy! The GT350R will lose bad to the ZL1 and you'd save $20K or more with the ADM. Problem is the GT350 is still the best looking car hands down.
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
The comparison I want to see is the GT350 (not R) vs the SS 1LE, it would be pretty much dead even on track, and you'd save $20K without ADM getting the 1LE. Heck I can even get discounts on the Chevy! The GT350R will lose bad to the ZL1 and you'd save $20K or more with the ADM. Problem is the GT350 is still the best looking car hands down.
If you are paying ADM nowadays on a non R, you are just not looking or you want to just drive to your local Ford dealer.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
it's too*
and I do not think you know what sensitive means lol. I didn't start crying or get upset. Just a smart ass reaction to your smart ass reaction. If you think a car with 10 speed auto that shifts 36 percent faster than a PDK and it has over 640 HP is boring......okayyyyyyyyyyyy.
Actually, I think exactly that. Once I've gotten one or two acceleration sprints to see what it could do out of my system, anyway.

In normal driving it's still going to settle down into being just another 'slap it in D and go' automatic. With more shifts that wouldn't match when you'd shift if you left that part of driving to yourself

That it has 640 HP capability and is 36% faster than a PDK under some situations is irrelevant to every level of driving from normal street on up to a pretty advanced level of track day driving.

Norm

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Actually, I think exactly that. Once I've gotten one or two acceleration sprints to see what it could do out of my system, anyway.

In normal driving it's still going to settle down into being just another 'slap it in D and go' automatic. With more shifts that wouldn't match when you'd shift if you left that part of driving to yourself

That it has 640 HP capability and is 36% faster than a PDK under some situations is irrelevant to every level of driving from normal street on up to a pretty advanced level of track day driving.

Norm

Sure I would be faster in the AutoTragic but still slow on track, average driver, but it is the overall driving experience I seek and a MT with proper H&T is a large part of it for me. YMMV

Peter

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Looks like Motortrend has the results and done with editing! They will be releasing the results by the end of the month on head 2 head website.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And has a unique powerplant, unlike the most recent regurgitated pushrod concoction from GM (yawn).

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado

Norm
You can always get the ZL1 in a manual if you want that (I would too).

The LT4 is far from boring. I've not driven a ZL1, but I've driven a Z06 with the motor, and boy it is a kick in the ass. Probably a little too much power for me on track to be used at the limit, but fun as hell. Sounds incredible too.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You can always get the ZL1 in a manual if you want that (I would too).

The LT4 is far from boring. I've not driven a ZL1, but I've driven a Z06 with the motor, and boy it is a kick in the ass. Probably a little too much power for me on track to be used at the limit, but fun as hell. Sounds incredible too.

With all that alphabet soup going on how can you keep track lt4, zl1, z06, 1le e i e i oh :shrug:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The LT4 is far from boring.
I'm sure it isn't. I've driven cars with close to double what the car in my avatar and sig produces (and driven them pretty hard - if only very briefly), so I'm not exactly guessing or hoping here.

But I wasn't referring to the engine at all. It can't make up for shortcomings in the driver-transmission interface. Mentioning 'driver' first is intentional . . .

Norm

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Those two guys were actually pretty entertaining IMO

As for the review about what I expected. Be curious to see what M/T says

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Those two guys were actually pretty entertaining IMO

As for the review about what I expected. Be curious to see what M/T says
When I didn't see any helmets I knew this was a waste of 10 minutes. Their closing minutes was about right but even then a bit biased. Personally I would have liked to see them actually drive the car on a track. Actually drive it to beat one another and their times. Then swap cars and do it all over again.

Then start the discussion and review.
Sponsored