Sponsored

GT350 Trackpack Spoiler for my 2021 Mustang GT Shadow Black - Advice?

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S
I bought a 2021 Mustang GT 6-speed manual coupe in Shadow Black and it came with Spoiler Delete option.
My plans are to do:
20% tint, Dual White Stripes, Ceramic Coat and a GT350 Trackpack Spoiler.
The spoiler is available by Speedform in Gloss Black or Shadow Black, I am thinking Shadow Black to match the exterior paint best. I think the Gloss Black matches the Blackout accent package, so not sure which is best, but leaning towards Shawdow Black.
Has anybody used this spoiler by Speedform, is it good quality?
If I have to spend more to buy a Genuine Ford Product I will.
Here are some pics of car now, at home with its stable mate, and the spoiler I am considering.

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

IMG_3153.JPG
Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I have that spoiler but its not in shadow black. I wish it were to match my car but its in CF. What's on my car is strong and structurally sound. The previous owner added the wicker bill part on it as an extra touch. I like it. Color matching would look great IMHO..

1203211609b.jpg

OP
OP

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have that spoiler but its not in shadow black. I wish it were to match my car but its in CF. What's on my car is strong and structurally sound. The previous owner added the wicker bill part on it as an extra touch. I like it. Color matching would look great IMHO..

1203211609b.jpg
Thanks for the reply. They have it available right away in gloss black which matches the black piece in between both taillights, but I think shadow black matching the paint would be better. I was just wanting to make sure the Speedform Quality of part and hardware is good. Did yours come with the template to drill? Looks great in pic, but I understand wanting the color match.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Template i dont know about, It was installed on the car when i bought it. I onced over the car and The hardware is holding up great.

OP
OP

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Template i dont know about, It was installed on the car when i bought it. I onced over the car and The hardware is holding up great.
Thanks!!!

Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
I bought one of these a while ago and was extremely disappointed in it. The template isn't a real template like you get with the Ford performance one but rather little cardboard strips you stick to the holes on the spoiler and then align on your car and stick them down and drill. No way to really align perfectly like the real drill template.

Also the paint quality was really bad. Tons of orange peel and just not done well at all. I ended up returning it.

If you want this spoiler I think if be worth it to get the real one from Ford as it's actual quality and comes with a real drill template and hardware.

I know some people are plenty happy with the speedform but it seems like they already had a drilled trunk lid and got a little luckier with their paint lottery.

OP
OP

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought one of these a while ago and was extremely disappointed in it. The template isn't a real template like you get with the Ford performance one but rather little cardboard strips you stick to the holes on the spoiler and then align on your car and stick them down and drill. No way to really align perfectly like the real drill template.

Also the paint quality was really bad. Tons of orange peel and just not done well at all. I ended up returning it.

If you want this spoiler I think if be worth it to get the real one from Ford as it's actual quality and comes with a real drill template and hardware.

I know some people are plenty happy with the speedform but it seems like they already had a drilled trunk lid and got a little luckier with their paint lottery.
Thanks for the reply. I want to get it right the 1st time so I will check in to the Ford product, but I don't think it comes pre-painted.
The place that is tinting and ceramic coating my car is also installing the spoiler, they could always wrap it to match or have it painted to match for me.

OP
OP

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it comes painted in Absolute Black, maybe that is close?

OP
OP

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks cool too, I checked and Shadow Black and Absolute Black are both the same code G1

Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
Yup that should be the same part. Levittown usually has better prices than some others however sometimes their shipping can be a lot. Should be the same one at CJ's and some other places as well as long as the part number matches. Depending on what coupons are active and shipping prices, it could be cheaper there or elsewhere too.

OP
OP

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup that should be the same part. Levittown usually has better prices than some others however sometimes their shipping can be a lot. Should be the same one at CJ's and some other places as well as long as the part number matches. Depending on what coupons are active and shipping prices, it could be cheaper there or elsewhere too.
I checked my paint code, mine is G1, this looks like the one, thanks

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'd agree with above - stick to a Ford part or OEM for the spoiler. I purchased an ikon motorsports spoiler from ebay and ended up having to fight to return it but eventually got my money back. The quality was very poor. If you are not in a rush you may be able to buy a slightly used take off from the classifieds here and have an oem piece. Good luck 👍🏻

OP
OP

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd agree with above - stick to a Ford part or OEM for the spoiler. I purchased an ikon motorsports spoiler from ebay and ended up having to fight to return it but eventually got my money back. The quality was very poor. If you are not in a rush you may be able to buy a slightly used take off from the classifieds here and have an oem piece. Good luck 👍🏻
I just checked the part #, comes with template and all hardware. I think going with the Genuine Ford Part is definitely the way to go.
Sponsored