Sponsored

GT350 Track pack spoiler install

turbo65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Performance Pkg
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched multiple posts and couldn't find a thing. So the question is, I have a 15 PP and the trunk isn't drilled as I have no OEM spoiler. Is there some kind of tape I can use instead of drilling the trunk:ninja:? Or is drilling the way to go?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The spoiler uses a few studs as well as tape. I wouldn't trust tape alone.

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
Hey bud, I installed the track pack spoiler on my previous s550. Granted it had the pre-existing holes from the non PP factory spoiler but nonetheless similar install. I would recommend drilling into the decklid to properly secure it. The last thing you wanna do is lose it on the road.

I ended up using both double sided 3M tape(a bit too much as I realized after the fact when I attempted to remove the wing later on) AND the provided bolts. That thing was solid! So much so that when I tried to remove it when I sold that car, I decided just to leave the spoiler on the car instead :shrug:

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you have any questions

:cheers:

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
You cannot. The size of the Track Pack spoiler is going to necessitate a stronger positive bond than just tape. It's relatively easy to do yourself, just measure, position the template, make sure it's close to perfect, and do it. Use a stepped drill bit to install.

Or, just have a shop install it. For the $450 you're spending on a spoiler, another $100 or so to have it installed isn't going to kill you.

JR

OP
OP

turbo65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Performance Pkg
Is there anywhere I can buy the template? I got mine without a template for some reason!

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched multiple posts and couldn't find a thing. So the question is, I have a 15 PP and the trunk isn't drilled as I have no OEM spoiler. Is there some kind of tape I can use instead of drilling the trunk:ninja:? Or is drilling the way to go?

Thanks!
Marine Sealant will do the trick without drilling.
Applied my spoiler with tape and sealant and it's SOLID.

c66f1f0d-51aa-4a76-9c24-e7aad022ad33.jpg

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
turbo65

I have the template as a pdf. I could send it to you, but you have to find a place to print it. It's a good size - the width of the back end & about 3 ft. wide.
Sponsored