GT350 Track Attack Racing School

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I am going to the GT350 Track Attack at the Utah Motorsports Campus this May. I did register for the second day as well in the Boss302. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay or anything else that would be helpful? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :hail:
Sponsored

OP
OP
havasu486

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I stayed at the Holiday Inn express. It was located close by the track and was also situated right next to a large shopping mall with restaurants and a brew pub. Keep in mind the beer wont be full strength because UT has some funny (not like a clown) laws.

There is a sticky at the top of the GT350 main page that will give you lots of information.

My only caution (if you don't have a lot of track experience) is that day 2 in the boss is on racing slicks. Day 1, the pilot super sports on the 350 talk to you. The closer you get to the tires letting go, the louder they get. Day 2 on slicks is fun, but you have to understand that you are dealing with a different tire. You will get minimal feedback, but they don't talk to you like the super sports do. My point is to go easy with them until you figure out where that threshold is and be careful not to push yourself past it.

Last bit of advice is get the track insurance. IIRC, one member here bent a wheel. Depending on how hard you drive (which you should go full blast within your comfort level of course), sometimes **it happens.

Go have a blast and if you can swing it, stick around a few extra days and see zion and SLC. It is a beautiful area.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I went in April of 2014. Stayed closer to the airport and enjoyed the scenery during my 30 minute drive to and fro. When I go back I'll stay closer to the track.

OP
OP
havasu486

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I stayed at the Holiday Inn express. It was located close by the track and was also situated right next to a large shopping mall with restaurants and a brew pub. Keep in mind the beer wont be full strength because UT has some funny (not like a clown) laws.

There is a sticky at the top of the GT350 main page that will give you lots of information.

My only caution (if you don't have a lot of track experience) is that day 2 in the boss is on racing slicks. Day 1, the pilot super sports on the 350 talk to you. The closer you get to the tires letting go, the louder they get. Day 2 on slicks is fun, but you have to understand that you are dealing with a different tire. You will get minimal feedback, but they don't talk to you like the super sports do. My point is to go easy with them until you figure out where that threshold is and be careful not to push yourself past it.

Last bit of advice is get the track insurance. IIRC, one member here bent a wheel. Depending on how hard you drive (which you should go full blast within your comfort level of course), sometimes **it happens.

Go have a blast and if you can swing it, stick around a few extra days and see zion and SLC. It is a beautiful area.

Great Advise!!!!!! Thanks, keep it coming please.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I agree with Tomster, get the track insurance for sure. I went in April or May forgot which one and we had rain for the first half of the day. Knowing you can shunt the car without a Huge hit to your wallet is a bit reassuring.

On a side note, if you are into the outdoors Utah has many gorgeous national and state parks and I highly recommend hitting one of these up as well (hell, you're paying all that airfare). Zion, Bryce, Snow Canyon, the list goes on and on.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There is a nearby hotel that gives a discount if you are doing the Track Attack event. IIRC I got a code from the Track Attack people. Newer hotel. Nothing fancy, but good sized rooms and cheap.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Im still torn by this one day with insurance would be like a 1k and 2 days would be like 2300 since im coming from NY

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Im still torn by this one day with insurance would be like a 1k and 2 days would be like 2300 since im coming from NY
I do not regret day 2. Unlike day 1, it is all driving and it builds upon what you have learned on day 1. Drive the Boss, I don't think you will regret it. When my R comes (and yes the rep confirmed its coming), I plan to do 2 more days out there. Day 2 in the Boss for sure.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Holiday Inn was great...nice staff and convient to track and the Bonneville Brewery (steps away).

We ended up driving to Vegas and flying home from there...Counts Kustoms and Shelby American made it all worth while.

I bought the insurance as I fully knew I wanted to push the car and myself...glad I did...I never upset the car but I did catch myself carrying a little too much speed passing on the front straight...the awesome fade free brakes bailed me out on at least two occasions...nice not to worry about small things like wrecking!

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Stay in downtown Salt Lake. It's not that far, and there is a lot of tasty eats and night life to enjoy. Be sure to hit up the Belgian waffle place downtown. Owner brought the waffle maker from Belgium and they also have the best frites (French fries) you'll ever have.
Sponsored