Sponsored

GT350 TP at MSRP?

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Hello all.
I'm new to the site. I have been toyless for about 3 years now. My last toy was a 2006 Corvette Z06. The car was a blast and an absolute joy. I sold the car to build my current house which I don't ever plan on selling. With the house set, and a brand new bouncing baby boy here, and a good paying job, I'm back in the hunt for a toy. I'm not in a huge rush. I just happened to look at GT350's on Autotrader and saw a sweet solid black on black TP for sale for $56K and change. I've heard of the widespread ADM's from many Ford dealers, so I thought this price was good. The last of the car pics was a window sticker and next to the sticker was a $10K market adjustment add on. I emailed the dealer and asked them what the price of the car was...$56K based on advertisment on Autotrader, or $66K? They responded with it's $66K and the ADM was non negotiable. Then they asked when would I want delivery of the car with flat bed. LOL. I told them their add was misleading as it should have been advertised for $66K and I don't like to pay MSRP let alone any mark up and I could get a new Z06 for about $6K more. That non negotiable $10K turned into a $4K ADM. LOL.

Anyway, are there any dealers that sell TP cars for MSRP? I know in the Corvette world the volume forum dealers were always good about MSRP even on new roll outs.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
What's a TP? Tech Package or Track Package?

BTW, you'll find that almost all of the online ads show MSRP and hide the ADM until you contact the dealer. Your only hope is to start contacting a lot of dealers, until you find one of the rare ones that sells at MSRP. At this point, you may be better off going for a 2017 model.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
The key difference is Corvettes are always produced in greater numbers as opposed to the limited production GT350. Therefore and unfortunately dealers take heed of supply vs. demand.

Just keep calling different dealers nationwide. Hit or miss. Your perseverance may strike an MSRP deal.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
There are MSRP deals out there, in fact there is one just a few threads down. However, that is not the norm and if you find one you better jump on it right away. With the 17's coming out, you will have a better chance of getting a 16 at MSRP than a 17.
Best of luck man.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Hello all.
I'm new to the site. I have been toyless for about 3 years now. My last toy was a 2006 Corvette Z06. The car was a blast and an absolute joy. I sold the car to build my current house which I don't ever plan on selling. With the house set, and a brand new bouncing baby boy here, and a good paying job, I'm back in the hunt for a toy. I'm not in a huge rush. I just happened to look at GT350's on Autotrader and saw a sweet solid black on black TP for sale for $56K and change. I've heard of the widespread ADM's from many Ford dealers, so I thought this price was good. The last of the car pics was a window sticker and next to the sticker was a $10K market adjustment add on. I emailed the dealer and asked them what the price of the car was...$56K based on advertisment on Autotrader, or $66K? They responded with it's $66K and the ADM was non negotiable. Then they asked when would I want delivery of the car with flat bed. LOL. I told them their add was misleading as it should have been advertised for $66K and I don't like to pay MSRP let alone any mark up and I could get a new Z06 for about $6K more. That non negotiable $10K turned into a $4K ADM. LOL.

Anyway, are there any dealers that sell TP cars for MSRP? I know in the Corvette world the volume forum dealers were always good about MSRP even on new roll outs.
now that we're in the dead zone of MY16 production winding down and MY17 production not really started yet, but order banks open, and summer around the corner, you may be hard pressed to find a track pack or tech car for less than that.

In all honesty, IF it were me, and that is the exact car that you want, i'd offer 2 grand over for it, have all the funding ready ( yes get your own financing if not paying cash) and do the deal.

to me 2 grand would be worth not having to continue to search for the exact car that i wanted and worth it to get it now and enjoy the summer in it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I meant Track Pack sorry. Could care less for the Tech Pack

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
now that we're in the dead zone of MY16 production winding down and MY17 production not really started yet, but order banks open, and summer around the corner, you may be hard pressed to find a track pack or tech car for less than that.

In all honesty, IF it were me, and that is the exact car that you want, i'd offer 2 grand over for it, have all the funding ready ( yes get your own financing if not paying cash) and do the deal.

to me 2 grand would be worth not having to continue to search for the exact car that i wanted and worth it to get it now and enjoy the summer in it.
I hear what you are saying but like I've said, I'm not in a huge rush. I am looking to pay close to if not the whole thing in cash and I agree I would go in with financing already taken care of.

The GT350 is on my short list but I'm holding out for (and please no flaming) the new ZL1. If this car is going to sell for what I think it will sell for, it will be a fantastic value.

AutoNation in Arlington TX was the dealer that countered with $4K ADM, in case there is anyone out there that is more hard up than me to get one...

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
Hello all.
That non negotiable $10K turned into a $4K ADM. LOL.

I would take it... $4k is nothing.. if you need wheels and that is the color choice then go do the deal. Ask for 2 and be prepared to write the check for 4 and drive the car home.

Cheers.

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
Hello all.
That non negotiable $10K turned into a $4K ADM. LOL.

I would take it... $4k is nothing.. if you need wheels and that is the color choice then go do the deal. Ask for 2 and be prepared to write the check for 4 and drive the car home.

Cheers.
quoting myself but right after I wrote this cargurus.com pinged me with a new Track Pack GT350 at MSRP. I called and they said $76k was MSRP and was offering $200 under that if I bought it today... LOL:clap2: I informed the sales rep he was wrong and to call me back and that I wanted MSRP or no go. 25 minutes later I got a call and they want $20k and told me that 15 people had contacted them that day about the car.

Just letting you know that $4k or better is a hot deal:thumbsup:

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
quoting myself but right after I wrote this cargurus.com pinged me with a new Track Pack GT350 at MSRP. I called and they said $76k was MSRP and was offering $200 under that if I bought it today... LOL:clap2: I informed the sales rep he was wrong and to call me back and that I wanted MSRP or no go. 25 minutes later I got a call and they want $20k and told me that 15 people had contacted them that day about the car.

Just letting you know that $4k or better is a hot deal:thumbsup:
I heard this type of trash a lot in my search. If so many people have contacted them, why is the car still sitting there? Paying over sticker for this car is not a deal if you're not hard up, wealthy, or impatient. These same dealers willing to rape buyers on a sell will also be willing to rape them on trades down the road. Why give them extra hard earned dollars?
Sponsored