Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I know there are many threads about GT 350 style fenders, but I am specifically looking for thoughts from people who have had them installed. I am going to be getting the cervinis ram air hood and I have been thinking about doing the fenders at the same time. I have been looking at the steel ones from mrbodykit. If you do have them, what brand did you go with and how do you feel the fit and finish is? Do you still think it was worth it? I know they are going to cost about $1000-$2000 to have painted and installed and I have heard they often cant be 100% aligned perfectly. I dont want to spend all that money to end up with something I am always noticing problems with.
Sponsored

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Bumping this thread because I'm in the same position except mine is a 2018 GT.
I've read through every thread I could find and looked at as many different companies as possible. The details threads ('16-'17) pretty much praised Anderson Composites. However more recent threads on other items seem to go the other direction and seems there are a lot of fitment and alignment issues.
If you know of other companies making the GT350 style fenders ease post the, especially if you have first hand experience or know someone who has!

Thanks,
Ken

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Bumping this thread because I'm in the same position except mine is a 2018 GT.
I've read through every thread I could find and looked at as many different companies as possible. The details threads ('16-'17) pretty much praised Anderson Composites. However more recent threads on other items seem to go the other direction and seems there are a lot of fitment and alignment issues.
If you know of other companies making the GT350 style fenders ease post the, especially if you have first hand experience or know someone who has!

Thanks,
Ken
I5 autohaus has a set of aluminum gt350 style fenders for the 18+I was going to buy a set, but I decided to trade my car next spring.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
I5 autohaus has a set of aluminum gt350 style fenders for the 18+I was going to buy a set, but I decided to trade my car next spring.
Perfect!
Thank you very much! They appear to be the best replica of the real thing that I've seen yet. Most of the others I looked at either used real GT350s in their advertisement pictures or had visible issues with the vent design/shape. All of I-5's pictures are of real Mustang GT's with their fenders! Exactly what I'm looking for.
Thanks again!
Ken

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I recently bought a salvaged 2017 GT where the front end was damaged. Since I was already replacing the bumper, hood and fenders I figured I'd install GT350 bodywork. After personally seeing the difference between aftermarket and OEM fenders I went with OEM. Slightly more expensive but they seem to line up better than cervini's. Haven't seen the I5's though.

If I recall, the difference between all OEM and all aftermarket (entire front bumper, hood and fencers) was about $1500. Not a small difference. If I didn't buy the car so cheap I wouldn't have bothered.

Sponsored

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
I recently bought a salvaged 2017 GT where the front end was damaged. Since I was already replacing the bumper, hood and fenders I figured I'd install GT350 bodywork. After personally seeing the difference between aftermarket and OEM fenders I went with OEM. Slightly more expensive but they seem to line up better than cervini's. Haven't seen the I5's though.

If I recall, the difference between all OEM and all aftermarket (entire front bumper, hood and fencers) was about $1500. Not a small difference. If I didn't buy the car so cheap I wouldn't have bothered.
Don't you have to use the carbon fiber composite core support from the GT350 also in order to use the OEM GT350 fenders and hood? The hood sits alot lower than a regular GT hood and required the CFC core support to fit. Plus the GT350 hood is the only hood that will fit the front bumper for the above mentioned reasons! Just trying to get my facts straight, thanks!

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Perfect!
Thank you very much! They appear to be the best replica of the real thing that I've seen yet. Most of the others I looked at either used real GT350s in their advertisement pictures or had visible issues with the vent design/shape. All of I-5's pictures are of real Mustang GT's with their fenders! Exactly what I'm looking for.
Thanks again!
Ken
I'm in the same boat as you, was looking at fenders but the anderson ones seem to be quite the gamble with pretty meh reviews. Honestly to me the vent/body line at the top looks off on every 2018+ I see them on... I dont think I can un-see that now, its almost like it angles up a tad.
But these new aluminum ones seem really nice. Wish we could get some first hand info on them though. Are you planning on ordering them?

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
EXACTLY! That's the same thing I see with the Anderson fenders. They angle up instead of carrying the same line through like the real GT350 fenders.
The aluminum ones do look good though!

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Don't you have to use the carbon fiber composite core support from the GT350 also in order to use the OEM GT350 fenders and hood? The hood sits alot lower than a regular GT hood and required the CFC core support to fit. Plus the GT350 hood is the only hood that will fit the front bumper for the above mentioned reasons! Just trying to get my facts straight, thanks!
I believe it does, which is probably the main reason the cost was so much higher.

askusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I really like the I5 Autohaus setup, have to agree it looks alot better than what I have been looking at compared to Anderson Composites and MP Concepts.

Sponsored

Ghostprime128

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Has anyone actually ordered from I5autohaus? I placed my order on November 14th and still haven't received anything. The two times I contact them and actually got a response they said its shipping out on Tuesday and they always ship thier orders on Tuesdays. Lol im getting worried.

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 Caddilac ATS
Has anyone actually ordered from I5autohaus? I placed my order on November 14th and still haven't received anything. The two times I contact them and actually got a response they said its shipping out on Tuesday and they always ship thier orders on Tuesdays. Lol im getting worried.
did you ever get these and install them and if so how is the quality and do you have any pics?

Ghostprime128

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
did you ever get these and install them and if so how is the quality and do you have any pics?
Yes I received them in January. They are in the shop now with the car for fitment and paint. According to the bodyshop the fenders had stamp marks and dings everywhere which they had to fix and is making my damn bill higher. I'm trying to get all this worked out.

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 Caddilac ATS
Yes I received them in January. They are in the shop now with the car for fitment and paint. According to the bodyshop the fenders had stamp marks and dings everywhere which they had to fix and is making my damn bill higher. I'm trying to get all this worked out.
Ugh that supper unfortunate to hear. Let me ask you are the fenders themselves any wider then the factory ones or no?

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
I thought I had seen they were 4 tenths of an inch wider. Unless I'm confusing them with the Anderson Composites ones which look like crap.
Sponsored