Sponsored

GT350 shifter from MGW almost here...

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Took it into the local Ford SVT Dealer. They realigned me. No Vibration. Transmission is a smooooth number.

Then I hydroplaned heavy on the way home on the Cup2s. Almost pissed myself.

That is all.
What exactly did they realign? Do you know how they did it? How many hrs of labor?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Great to hear JN66 (aside from the near incontinent episode:)).

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
What exactly did they realign? Do you know how they did it? How many hrs of labor?
I know none of your answers. They didn't charge me. Because they didn't charge me I assume an hour or two max.

They told me the loosened everything off and boom. Win.

When we ripped the test drive together yesterday it seemed like they were leaning toward just some over tightening.

I had them slap on my SRP Racing pedals Charged me $56 for that - had to drill a bit.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I know none of your answers. They didn't charge me. Because they didn't charge me I assume an hour or two max.

They told me the loosened everything off and boom. Win.

When we ripped the test drive together yesterday it seemed like they were leaning toward just some over tightening.

I had them slap on my SRP Racing pedals Charged me $56 for that - had to drill a bit.
Hmm, would be good if experts here can chime in as to what this might be so I can avoid it during my install.

I'm glad it all worked out for you:) How is the shifter overall?:)

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, would be good if experts here can chime in as to what this might be so I can avoid it during my install.

Pretty slick man. Shifts incredibly well compared to the stock shifter. Crisp!

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405

Best I can tell, make sure you remove the trans jack before you tighten those 4 bolts - leave a little play. Jiggle things around. Then tighten/torque them. That's what I plan on doing. It's in the original video.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just watched the video. Take this for what it is but - did anyone tighten the trans bracket while they had the jack underneath still?

I would thread the bolts like one thread before hand tight and pull out the jack. Let the transmission align itself to the motor mounts along the longitudinal axis then tighten the cross brace bolts 1/4 turn at a time in an opposite manner until spec.

The jack can cause even 1/16" misalignment and the brace torqued down will cause more harmonic issues.

Edit: a raised car no matter how stiff in someone's garage will flex the chassis even fractionally. When re tightening this can cause issues. I would almost be weary of doing this mod without the whole car jacked evenly on stands level. All four corners.
I think this is an extremely valid point. I suspect for something like this a perfectly level 4 post lift is important. There is a huge difference between a 4 post and a 2 post which is that 4 post lift will be lifting the car as the car rests on the tires with all chasis flexing etc being completely out of the equation.

The other thing I want to point out is, in our cars, the front jack points and the rear jack points are not equal heights. In other words, front of the car is about an inch or little less closer to the ground than the rear of the car. If you lift the car and put it on jack stands that are perfectly level or even use a 2 post lift, you will not be lifting the car in its natural position. Due to this, the transmission mounting might be causing a misalignment.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea brother.

Mine is working well and I am on the track this Sunday for a nice warm up session as the season starts. Should be a bit colder than I would like but I'll hammer on this thing none the less.

I'll report back after I find 8200rpm in 2nd and 3rd.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I read it three times. I then found myself staring at my monitor, semi-lifeless and in a deep trance. I reject your theory and the gypsy hex it has placed upon me.

:)

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
:lol:
I read it three times. I then found myself staring at my monitor, semi-lifeless and in a deep trance. I reject your theory and the gypsy hex it has placed upon me.

:)

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
No idea brother.

Mine is working well and I am on the track this Sunday for a nice warm up session as the season starts. Should be a bit colder than I would like but I'll hammer on this thing none the less.

I'll report back after I find 8200rpm in 2nd and 3rd.
Are you heading to The Ridge on Sunday by chance? My shifter is going in this week and I'll be "breaking it in" this Sunday at The Ridge.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you heading to The Ridge on Sunday by chance? My shifter is going in this week and I'll be "breaking it in" this Sunday at The Ridge.
I'm not actually. I will be for sure this year. I haven't driven it.

This weekend I am hitting the local track here, April 15th I am at Mission, May 27 I am down at the new Cowichan track and if I am lucky I score an invite up to Area 27 up in Oliver BC for June.

How is The Ridge? I am excited to drive it. As mentioned, plan on it at least a few times this year. It isn't too far of a trek from where I am.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I'm not actually. I will be for sure this year. I haven't driven it.

This weekend I am hitting the local track here, April 15th I am at Mission, May 27 I am down at the new Cowichan track and if I am lucky I score an invite up to Area 27 up in Oliver BC for June.

How is The Ridge? I am excited to drive it. As mentioned, plan on it at least a few times this year. It isn't too far of a trek from where I am.
The Ridge is a great track. Check the dates for Turn2 events, they run a great track day. Mustangs NW also has their annual track day at Pacific Raceways on 7/13. It's always nice to attend a Mustang day. Turn2 runs that event as well. Hope to see you out there this year!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ridge is a great track. Check the dates for Turn2 events, they run a great track day. Mustangs NW also has their annual track day at Pacific Raceways on 7/13. It's always nice to attend a Mustang day. Turn2 runs that event as well. Hope to see you out there this year!
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know when I am going to make it out.
Sponsored